A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,757
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Not really art, but behold, my guitar case..!  (Read 1076 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

darkfaeriedrowning
Existential Faerie

Punk Smocker-fy me, baby!

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2005 08:33:27 AM »

I've never really been a fan of things that are plain and always love to personalise my stuff. When I got all my guitar gear (a fair while back) the plain black of my guitar's softcase was just screaming to be decorated so since I had some el cheapo acrylic paints lying around I decided to give it a bit of a spruce.

Everything I painted on there was pretty random (my name's Lila by the way, so that part - not so random). I'm heavily into the Fair Trade movement hence the cocoa reference. However, I might change that since it's not exactly supporting Fair Trade cocoa, it's against cocoa as a whole - hardly good for the cause.

I live in Australia and love flags, and while the Aboriginal flag isn't the 'official' Australian flag I still regard it as an Australian flag. As for the Canadian flag, I think of Canada as my home away from home. At the bottom I put the names of musicians that I admire. Well, some of them anyway. Haha, even now I laugh at some of the people I put on there... not really in the same league!

But anyways, this was how I customised my guitar case and while it's nothing special, I think it could work as a pretty creative idea for a present for a guitar-playing friend. Maybe.

BTW, is this in the right board? Because I wasn't sure which one to put it in and although this one sounded kinda right-ish it's also home to portraits and what-not (ie. good stuff...)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2005 09:01:02 AM by darkfaeriedrowning » THIS ROCKS   Logged

This heart within me I can feel, and I judge that it exists. This world I can touch, and I likewise judge that it exists. There ends all my knowledge, and the rest is construction // Albert Camus
Chillychick
Officially Insane

Garden State is Love.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2005 04:01:16 PM »

Ack! So cool! I love the canada flag (Muahha coming from a Canadian eh?) and how you painted your name on it. Good job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Neonlily-Assorted junk for your pleasure.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2005 05:37:45 PM »

That's awesome, it so....clean looking, very very nice, I love the flags, and how it's all "firey" around the edges...that's COOL!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Street Chic: Rock Chicks
Nicole Richie Perfects NYC Cool in Fringe, Fur, and Leather
See How Vanessa Hudgens Does Casual Polish at the DVF Loves Roxy Event
Dukes Of Melrose Fashion Picks For Last "Meal"
#MyModamobStyle: Featured Reader @NatyBaby
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...