A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 300,961
Currently Running With Scissors:
424 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: SASKATOON  (Read 12773 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

headcoatgirl
« on: September 11, 2003 11:52:02 AM »

My #1 favorite and cheap place to get craft supplies in Saskatoon is the Mennonite Clothes Closet on 20th St.  They have awsome stuff for so cheap.  I knitted a hat from a bag of wool I purchased for 30 cents.

My #2 favorite place to get craft supplies in Saskatoon is Micheal's.  They have sooo much stuff.  I could totally get lost in there.  Sometimes in can be a bit expensive . . . ohhh well . . .they have everything you would ever need.

Other places to go would be Lewis Craft, Home Depot, Value Village,  Art Placement (what a nice art store), Colours, Mayfair Hardware . . . .ect.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andrea
feelingleftout
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003 05:45:16 PM »

Hey I live in Saskatoon as well. I just moved in August for school and I haven't really done too much adventuring yet. I haven't been to Michael's since the first week I moved, which is quite a shock!

Where is Lewis Craft, and Art Placement? I've never really though to look at Value Village for craft stuff. I typically never know what I want to make. Although it would be a great place to look for pillowcases since there's a lot you can do with that fabric.

Thanks for the suggestions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
headcoatgirl
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2003 09:30:16 PM »

Art placement is in the alley beteen 3rd and 4th ave downtown.  It's right by the avenue building.  It's a nice art supply store.  Lewis Craft is a chain . . .i think there is one at the Midtown Plaza, maybe Lawson Heights Mall, and maybe Market Mall.

I'm trying to put together a Stitch 'N Bitch.  Last week was our first go at it. If you knit or would like to learn how to knit you should come hang out.  We plan to meet on Sundays around 7pm at Lydia's (broadway & 11th st).  We'll be the cool people with the yarn and needles. The location might change.  Just bring some yarn and needles and if you want  . . . anyone who likes to knit or who would like to learn how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

andrea
brodyarms

oink oink pig face!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2003 06:15:23 PM »

20TH STREET!  OMG! Shocked  My friend got stabbed and got her money stolen there!  (well it was 4 in the morning Roll Eyes) but I still refuse to go there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
puppiko beans
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2004 10:24:55 PM »

headcoatgirl: How is the stitch & bitch working out? Are you still meeting, cause I'd like to come. How many people do you have? I was thinking about starting one because I didn't know there already was one, so this is fantastic. Let me know; email me at rockstarkate @ yahoo . com or post here. Wheee!! I'm so excited!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2004 02:34:21 PM »

Hello Saskatoon people! I heard that the closet on 20th has closed.  I also heard that the Salvation Army behind Confed. Superstore was good...or are my hopes being falsey risen...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
killing_christa
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2004 10:51:36 AM »

The confed salvation is alright- not as glorious as Value village but they dont have as inflated prices either. Anyone else notice that Value Village prices are on the rise?

You made me laugh- the post about not going on 20th street. My bfs father owns a pawn shop on 20th..its not that bad. Just dont go at 4 in the morning but then again you really shouldnt be anywhere at 4 in the morning with money and stuff.

but really 20th isnt that bad, I walk down it with my 6 month old daughter and were fine. Then again I just moved here from Calgary a yr ago.Hope this makes you feel a little braver about going down there... cuz the closet is a great thrift store Smiley

Christa
« Last Edit: May 03, 2004 10:52:17 AM by killing_christa » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Elwood

I am the Llama Queen!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004 08:58:53 AM »

OK I just hit the Value Village on Monday and ya the prices are on the rise.  My cousin goes to one on 1st or 2nd ave.  I'm not sure what it is called..She says its hit and miss but when there is a hit it's a gooder.  Did anyone hit the Montgomery sales?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coolbeans

This hot chocolate is so frothy.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004 10:51:17 AM »

Hello, I'm moving to Saskatoon in September cause my hubby got into the U of S.  I would love to learn to knit. Are you still doing Sn'B?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
harmless
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004 12:42:39 AM »

Wow, Saskatooners on the web! I too would like to hear more about the knitting group -- i'd like to learn but don't know anyone who can teach me.
I do other things though, like making clocks, screenprinting tshirts, and buttons (badges) ..
Saskatoon people, wake up! we need a craft gathering of some sort that doesn't include gluing twigs into toilet paper holders.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Mary Elizabeth Williams Talks About Gimme Shelter
Tricks Book Trailer
Judith Curr Talks About Microsoft Tag
Meet Author Sunny Schwartz
Meet Author Helene Cooper
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...