A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 300,899
Currently Running With Scissors:
358 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Water- improving taste without adding sugar?  (Read 6289 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mallypants
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008 09:52:23 AM »

We have a reverse osmosis filter in our house, which in my opinion makes the water taste great, It doesn't go through as many filters as the store, and in my opinion tastes much better. The system is definetly worth it if you drink lots of water. Plus you save on them damn trips to the store all the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*bLESS uP
   Mallory
bunsenhoneydew13
copacetic

superherogirl.

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2008 06:06:41 PM »

People have suggested mint extract, but I like to soak tea bags overnight in a big pitcher of water.  I use peppermint tea (just the leaves, no real "tea") and hang the bags...it depends on your taste, but I use maybe 4 to a pitcher.  It's ready in the morning and it tastes great when it's super cold.  This probably won't keep too long, but it doesn't last too long anyway.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mistress Jennie
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*Harry Potter Craftalong Headmistress*~

Beware the power of my Sonic Seam Ripper!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: October 07, 2008 06:17:29 PM »

**Ok, new favorite discovered this week...  I have tons of loose tea in the house, and I'm trying to use some of it up, making large batches of iced tea.  I used some called Market Chai, which I got loose from a sweet little tea shop that sells it from giant apothecary jars.  It's a black assam tea, with various spices.  I'm not sure the exact blend, but I know it included cardamom, cinnamon, star anise, peppercorn, and cloves.  I mixed about half and half with water, and it's fantastic!  It has a delicious "bite" to it, like an old fashioned rootbeer or sasparilla, but with none of the sugary-syrup-ness of soda. 

My second favorite is mixing seltzer and a sprig of fresh mint OR a little juice, like lime or pomegranite.  While I like sparkling water, which doesn't have any sweeteners or anything else for that matter, I find it a bit too fizzy.  So I generally do a mix of half water, half seltzer, a few drops of lime juice, and a sprig of mint.  You can also mix 1/2 a glass of juice in, or even iced tea.  I try to limit my sugars and caffiene, so watering it down with sparkling water makes it feel like a treat and keeps you drinking, but has few to no calories. 

And I'm so going to try the cucumber water now!   
« Last Edit: October 08, 2008 10:21:23 AM by jennieingram » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mistress Jennie's Etsy | Facebook | Pinterest | Harry Potter Craftalong

It does not due to dwell on dreams and forget to craft.
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2008 01:09:24 PM »

Drink tea! All sorts of lovely ones that are different flavors. I also use blueberries, grapes, and kind of berries, really, as ice cubes. Sugar-free candies can work, too.

Also, I drink drinking water or bottled water sometimes when my water gets extra-rusty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
megmoira
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009 10:48:00 AM »

I'm weird, I can't drink anything too cold without getting the dreaded brain-freeze. My 'iced' tea is sun tea from off of the counter, I drink hot tap water (during the winter, at least).

My favorite water additives are tazo's wild sweet orange tea (four bags to a 2 Qt pitcher) makes a nice strong orange Jello flavor for the summer, and Linden tea (leaves and flowers) for colder weather, but we'll see how it ices once the snow melts.

Congrats on keeping your resolution so far!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*~Assisted by my kitty, Isabella the Destroyer.~*~
cat2007
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2009 01:46:40 PM »

i just read the first page so if this has been mentioned sorry.

Stevia (here in US  at GNC stores-health food ) is an excellent way to add natural sweetness to your water without calories  or the side-effects of the aspertame/sweet n low/Splenda/ Sucralose.  using just  1/4 tsp will sweeten a gallon of tea, it can be used in baking, it comes in liquid, powder and tablet forms.

Artifical sweetners from Crystal Light (peach tea- which i love love love) did dreadful things to me (headaches all the time and mood= mainly anger), and I actually tested myself by stopping drinking it for 2 wks (not changing anything else in my diet but that one thing) and within 5 minutes of my partaking again of the Peach Tea I developed a horrible headache, did some research and found a site (which I can't find the link to now) which convinced me that I wasn't loosing it when it came to the side effects FOR ME (everyone will be different but for me) it was not pleasant. 

here are some things I've used in water:
frozen strawberries
frozen blueberries
lemon juice (Sicilian brand)
sliced peaches

good luck on finding something that works for you.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Onlybluemomma
« Reply #46 on: February 11, 2009 02:34:08 PM »

i didn't read all the replies.. but try a slice of lemon,lime or even some orange slices put into your glass
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Kurt Eichenwald on His Book "500 Days: Secrets and Lies in the Terror Wars"
Adam McOmber on The White Forest
Tips on Foods That Will Help You Stay Toned
SQuire Rushnellon His Book Divine Alignment
Michelle Hodkin on the Evolution of Mara Dyer
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...