A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: With Daisies all in a row...  (Read 35888 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 03, 2008 01:11:48 PM »

I just wanted to share a bit of my progress.  I would never have been able to successfully interpret the symbol pattern without Kolibri's help.  Though in following both her writing, and the symbols, I just wanted to add a bit... (If you have a chance Kolibri, can you check my work Wink )

Row 6 is like Row 3, but starts a bit different:  Ch5, skip ch 3 sp, sc in first 2dctog.  Ch2, skip next 2 2dctog, sc in next 2dctog.  From this point repeat  * to * from "Row 3" ending with ch3, skip ch3 sp, scin 4th chain from 2dctog below, turn.

Row 7 is like Row 4 but starts: Ch2.  From this point repeat * to * from "Row 4" ending with sc in 4th chain from left of ch2sp below.

It's interesting that Jessica Tromp's pattern alternates a big row of daisies with a little row.  Kolibri modified it because she noticed that Sonnet Bird's was all with 2dctog, where the pattern uses just dc for every other row of daisies.  Thank you kolibri for picking up on that! 

So I'm not very good a actually crocheting yet!  Cheesy  Here's what my trial looks like, (don't mind the colors, they're just practice colors!)
My first row, (not exactly like sonnetbirds)

My try so far,

Hows everyone else doing?
(PS -  Outofthequestion, I totally understand the excitement!!!  Everyday I can't wait to finish work so that I can run home to crochet!  Especially when I find a pattern I can't wait to try!)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008 01:14:01 PM by nomij » THIS ROCKS   Logged
outofthequestion
« Reply #131 on: February 03, 2008 01:21:04 PM »

hi Nomij...

First of all... I LIKE those colors! And your crocheting looks GREAT... I'm on like my 5th row of flowers. I'm just using scraps of yarn, so its all different colors. I'm not sure what you meant about the different sizes of flowers?? I actually bought the pattern from the Afagans by the pound, so maybe its something different??? Anyway, it was a good idea to practice first, tho... I think I'm learning as I go... My first few rows might not look as neat as the rest of the afagan... I'd take pics, but I'm between cameras right now... Will post pics of my progress soon, tho... Smiley Thanks for sharing.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

goin' crazy, and lovin' every minute...

http://www.crochetcastle.com
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 03, 2008 03:08:16 PM »

definitely a cool afhgan in the scrappy mode. Yet ANOTHER pattern that I MUST have!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
sonnetbird
Life is full of adventure!

I see you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #133 on: February 03, 2008 04:54:48 PM »

Nomij, that is beautiful! I like those two colors together Smiley

outofthequestion, keep going! Can't wait to see yours, too Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The gal who smiles when things go wrong has just thought of someone to blame it on.
nomij
There are 10 types of people in this world...

...those who know binary, and those who don't.

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 03, 2008 06:38:36 PM »

Thanks Sonnetbird!  You are our inspiration!  Outofthequestion, the link to the jessica tromp free online pattern went 2dctog flowers then dc flowers, back and forth.  But the pattern in Sonetbird's book, (and now your book!) was only 2dctog flowers, so Kolibri made the changes when she transposed it for all of us!  BTW, I love how you said you were between camaras, the same way I say I am between Boyfriends! Lol!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kolibri
« Reply #135 on: February 04, 2008 05:36:21 AM »

Row 6 is like Row 3, but starts a bit different:  Ch5, skip ch 3 sp, sc in first 2dctog.  Ch2, skip next 2 2dctog, sc in next 2dctog.  From this point repeat  * to * from "Row 3" ending with ch3, skip ch3 sp, scin 4th chain from 2dctog below, turn.

Row 7 is like Row 4 but starts: Ch2.  From this point repeat * to * from "Row 4" ending with sc in 4th chain from left of ch2sp below.

Nomij, your trial peace looks so good, and you are so right about rows 6 and 7. Wonder why I didn't see that, but anyway now I added your corrections to the writtens pattern on page 10. Thank you!

You are all right about the free symbols pattern on the Jessica Tromp site. It originally has a row of "thick" daisies and then a row of "thin" daisies, but I adapted the written instructions with only the "thick" daisies as it looked more like Sonnetbird's to me Wink

Sonnetbird, perhaps you can share with us the secret of your beginning chain? It looks more nice and straight than the one I adapted from the symbols pattern.

Happy crocheting to all of you! I totally know how it feels, when you just cant wait to come home and grab the hook! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beatofadragon

just making the world better one stich at a time.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #136 on: February 04, 2008 03:17:54 PM »

i'm a little frustrated, i think i'm gonna put it down for a couple of days.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hey check out my tiny etsy shop

www.beatofadragon.etsy.com

btw i'm lookin to start making soap if there are any suggestions someone has for me please don't hesitate.
FantasyFlyte
« Reply #137 on: February 04, 2008 03:24:46 PM »

I'm about halfway done with mine, I'm experimenting with different colors and different types of yarns to kind of de-stash with it.  I really like it so far.  I have about 10 rows of I think 22 flowers, though I'm not 100% sure on the flower number, as I don't have it right in front of me.  I really like this pattern though because it actually looks really good despite what color mixtures/varigations you include, and changing the color every flower row keeps it fun and interesting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

123mensinger
« Reply #138 on: February 05, 2008 10:49:26 AM »

That is beautiful. Nice way to use up leftover yarn.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sonnetbird
Life is full of adventure!

I see you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #139 on: February 05, 2008 11:24:42 AM »

Sonnetbird, perhaps you can share with us the secret of your beginning chain? It looks more nice and straight than the one I adapted from the symbols pattern.

I really don't have a secret  Wink I think it may be the way I crochet, I'm constantly pulling and shaping as I go because I don't like blocking. I just pull on the chain as I form the first row so the half-flowers form correctly...
Hope that helps, I really don't have any magic secrets!
Oh-and I actually followed the pattern you translated (on p 10) for the sampler I did because I figured anyone who was working the pattern would want to see what it looked like. So it's the same one you're working on Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The gal who smiles when things go wrong has just thought of someone to blame it on.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4-Ingredient Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe
Light and Flavorful Tahini Cookies Recipes
7 Ways You Can Make Macarons Even Cuter
Celebrate National Peach Cobber Day With This Delicious Recipe
Homemade Rice Krispies Squares Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...