A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,223
Currently Running With Scissors:
414 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Where's your "sewing room"?  (Read 2288 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the_christine
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2008 10:58:48 PM »

I think you should switch the things around and send his record collection to the living room.  If it's like a wide hallway, then that's the perfect kind of space for floor to ceiling shelving to house all those records.

Yeah, I guess I should just tell him I'm going to be in his bedroom during the day.  He's in college, so not only is it a free place to stay - we also bought his ticket out here!  I just feel weird about it :/
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ravenladyj
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008 04:16:22 AM »

Shocked WOW you all suck!  Cheesy LOL I have a great space for my sewing area in one of our living rooms BUT WOW you all have SO MUCH!! I'm still building my supplies without much help from my husband the partypooper LOL (he tends to curb my spending habits a little too much for my liking LOL)....
THIS ROCKS   Logged
auroraskye

i'll make it to the moon if i have to crawl

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008 10:05:56 AM »

I'm lucky.. I have a sewing room. We have a three bedroom house with a dining room and a huge breakfast nook so our dining table is in the breakfast nook, we have a guest bedroom and my sewing room which doubles as my My Little Pony storage room.. Haha Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008 06:03:22 PM »

I live in Hawaii, too (Big Island), but we move around a lot, so I've had SEVEN different sewing rooms in the last 3 years.

When we have a spare bedroom, I use that, but my favorite was on an enclosed lanai; lots of room, lots of sun, lots of air.  Second fave was in the covered breezeway between house and garage.  In another house, I used an open lanai with a wide roof.  Least fave has been the on-and-off the dining room table. 

Suggestion: get a TV for the guest room, and use the living room when you have guests.

Lee
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008 06:12:56 PM by steiconi » THIS ROCKS   Logged
the_christine
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2008 07:59:57 PM »

Wow, when you had sewing on the lanai did you have and problems with humidity??

On and off the dining room table is definitely the least ideal.

We are looking at moving right now (just made an offer on a house), and I may end up with a dedicated sewing area... probably not a whole room, but at least part of one!  That's pretty exciting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
steiconi
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008 10:27:55 PM »

I have humidity issues indoors or out.  I keep my machine covered when I'm not using it, and don't seal up my fabrics.

Worse than humidity, our last home (the fabulous screened lanai) was near the volcano and anything left uncovered got coated with VOG (volcanic smog).  Tools rusted, jewelry corroded, and my ears (pierced 35 years ago and completely healed) got irritated from earwires stored in a room with only a tiny window.

Lee
THIS ROCKS   Logged
craftygal76
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2008 06:25:07 PM »

We live in a 2 bedroom 1 bath apt. but have a dining room & since we eat near the Tv i got the Dining room as my sewing/scrapbooking area. & dh even helped me!..i got an old sewing cabnet against one wall a $50 fold up table that is 7 inches & then another smaller table simular to that for my scrapbooking..i love my crafting space even tho i wish i had my own bedroom but its ok..this will certainly do..i also have plenty of shelves for storage & 3-7 drawer carts for my fabric & scrapbooking storage..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wife to Cary & mom to 5 awesome kids!
tamilyn
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2008 01:45:02 PM »

I say, move your husbands office AND the tv into the guest room. Then you can take over the living room with your crafting!  Grin Hee hee....

Is there room in your bedroom or kitchen/dining area for a hanging shelf unit with a pull down table surface attached to the front? When it is up it looks like a cabinet front. When it is use, it is a table with shelves above on the wall.

But, I still vote for my first idea!

P.S. I wouldn't mind if you were sewing in the guest room while I was there visiting! Hint! Hint!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lgreen
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2008 03:21:38 PM »

hello all,
Mine is out on the back of the house, like a deck but enclosed. It doubles as a bedroom for company too, but this year it is too cold.

I guess they will have to deal with the basement this time----small but warmer.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

need to find help....home improvements
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
2000 IKEA Hangers Transformed Into Art
Off Book: Product Design
Off Book: Visual Culture Online
Off Book: The Art of Typography
Architect Mark Wigley Says Data Visualization Is the New Art
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Molded Hot Glue
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...