A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 302,371
Currently Running With Scissors:
676 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twisted Ribbies (5 firsts in one project, thanks for your help!) *pattern pg 2*  (Read 2721 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ragdoll193
« on: January 19, 2008 03:22:36 PM »

A week or two ago, I posted a question asking for help with cables and changing a pattern around so they would fit.

I just finished the hat and I'm very proud of it. I did screw up in a couple places, and forgot which row of the cable pattern I was on at one point (I think I figured it out though) but I'm still very happy with it.

this one shows the color best

this one shows where I held the cable needle to the back instead of the front and didn't realize it till two rounds later

and this shows the top. I made up my own decreases for it. it also shows how I didn't have enough stitches to do another set of cables, but I had too many to continue to have just one rib between cables.

The first in the project were:
-hat (well, started first. I finished another plain ol' stockinette stitch hat in two days between time working on this one)
-knit in the round
-cables
-making up my own pattern (other than a couple scarfs, but that doesn't count, they were simple)
-having to do decreases in order to have the right stitches to start off the cables

I can try to make up a pattern (minus my mistakes) if anyone wants me to.

this is the thread where I asked my questions: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219144.msg2359113#msg2359113
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008 01:34:55 PM by ragdoll193 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
cdngreenie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008 05:07:04 PM »

wow!  Congratulations on your accomplishments!
That is one heck of a complicated cable pattern.  You should be really proud!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008 05:18:49 PM »

Smiley thank you!

I got the cable pattern itself out of Super Stitches Knitting. It's a four rib braid. I figured it might be easier to use a preexisting cable pattern than make my own when I haven't done them before Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Liberry Booked
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008 03:13:54 PM »

Omg this is gorgeous!! If you could post the pattern that would be awesome. I want to make one of these and wear it everywhere. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/magicalmiracles
(Check me out Cheesy)

http://magicalmiracles.co.cc
( I have my own website to blog on about craftiness! :DD)
chick-wiff-sticks
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008 03:59:55 PM »

That cable looks so complicated! It's beautiful!
And congrats on all your firsts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.intherealworld.moonfruit.com
We need an artist! Visit the site and try out!
ragdoll193
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008 08:19:53 PM »

i didn't actually use a pattern. I can try and figure out what i did, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow when i can figure out which cable book i used, but i did a few rounds of ribbing then, cable, rib, cable, rib after decreasing in the right spots and.. i'll try and figure it out for you. I wound up giving the hat to a homeless shelter with children because it came out more child sized than adult sized, if you can tell in the pictures
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Liberry Booked
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008 07:17:37 AM »

Thanks that would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(Check me out Cheesy)

ragdoll193
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008 12:39:22 PM »

so i found the cable that i used, but i don't know if I'm allowed to post it, since it came out of a book. even though i knit in the round and it has instructions for flat. it is a "basic" four rib braid, so i dunno what there is for copyright or anything

ps, i'm glad you posted back otherwise i would have forgotten about it again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Liberry Booked
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008 06:28:38 PM »

I would think that if you altered it from the original it wouldn't be a problem, but if there are issues with that do you think you could message me it instead? I realllyy really love this hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(Check me out Cheesy)

ragdoll193
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008 08:14:47 PM »

i'm working on it. i think that since it wasn't a pattern that someone else made, but just a simple cable pattern that is in multiple books, integrated INTO a self made pattern, i can post it when i figure it out. not having the hat, this is more difficult than it should be (i've also never written a pattern, but i feel i can)

if you want it to be child sized (since i donated it, i don't have any measurements) you can get started with CO 84 sts and work 2x2 ribbing in the round for about 2.5 inches (adjustable to your desired length, that's how long I did mine) if not, you need... a multiple of 20 sts. I personally worked it on size 7 or 8 dpn's with patons classic merino wool yarn in dark grey i think (don't take my word for it) again, not having the hat and never swatching, i don't know the gauge. it was worked with the intent of not having holes in the fabric that were bigger than the yarn is around.

ps i will check on the yarn, i believe i still have the label
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 08:23:28 PM by ragdoll193 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Birchbox Favorites: Miracle Skin Transformer, Davines, Jouer and More
Birchbox November 2014: Sneak Peek
3 Skin Care Myths Busted
Is L’Oreal Magic Nude The Perfect Giorgio Armani Foundation Dupe?
The Right Way to Apply Cream Blush
Latest Blog Articles
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce
Mountain Views

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...