A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Twisted Ribbies (5 firsts in one project, thanks for your help!) *pattern pg 2*  (Read 2236 times)
Tags for this thread: pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ragdoll193
« on: January 19, 2008 03:22:36 PM »

A week or two ago, I posted a question asking for help with cables and changing a pattern around so they would fit.

I just finished the hat and I'm very proud of it. I did screw up in a couple places, and forgot which row of the cable pattern I was on at one point (I think I figured it out though) but I'm still very happy with it.

this one shows the color best

this one shows where I held the cable needle to the back instead of the front and didn't realize it till two rounds later

and this shows the top. I made up my own decreases for it. it also shows how I didn't have enough stitches to do another set of cables, but I had too many to continue to have just one rib between cables.

The first in the project were:
-hat (well, started first. I finished another plain ol' stockinette stitch hat in two days between time working on this one)
-knit in the round
-cables
-making up my own pattern (other than a couple scarfs, but that doesn't count, they were simple)
-having to do decreases in order to have the right stitches to start off the cables

I can try to make up a pattern (minus my mistakes) if anyone wants me to.

this is the thread where I asked my questions: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=219144.msg2359113#msg2359113
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008 01:34:55 PM by ragdoll193 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
♥the military will not stop me from crafting♥
cdngreenie
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008 05:07:04 PM »

wow!  Congratulations on your accomplishments!
That is one heck of a complicated cable pattern.  You should be really proud!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ragdoll193
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008 05:18:49 PM »

Smiley thank you!

I got the cable pattern itself out of Super Stitches Knitting. It's a four rib braid. I figured it might be easier to use a preexisting cable pattern than make my own when I haven't done them before Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Liberry Booked
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008 03:13:54 PM »

Omg this is gorgeous!! If you could post the pattern that would be awesome. I want to make one of these and wear it everywhere. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.etsy.com/shop/magicalmiracles
(Check me out Cheesy)

http://magicalmiracles.co.cc
( I have my own website to blog on about craftiness! :DD)
chick-wiff-sticks
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2008 03:59:55 PM »

That cable looks so complicated! It's beautiful!
And congrats on all your firsts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.intherealworld. moonfruit.com
We need an artist! Visit the site and try out!
ragdoll193
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2008 08:19:53 PM »

i didn't actually use a pattern. I can try and figure out what i did, but it'll have to wait till tomorrow when i can figure out which cable book i used, but i did a few rounds of ribbing then, cable, rib, cable, rib after decreasing in the right spots and.. i'll try and figure it out for you. I wound up giving the hat to a homeless shelter with children because it came out more child sized than adult sized, if you can tell in the pictures
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Liberry Booked
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2008 07:17:37 AM »

Thanks that would be awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(Check me out Cheesy)

ragdoll193
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2008 12:39:22 PM »

so i found the cable that i used, but i don't know if I'm allowed to post it, since it came out of a book. even though i knit in the round and it has instructions for flat. it is a "basic" four rib braid, so i dunno what there is for copyright or anything

ps, i'm glad you posted back otherwise i would have forgotten about it again
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Liberry Booked
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2008 06:28:38 PM »

I would think that if you altered it from the original it wouldn't be a problem, but if there are issues with that do you think you could message me it instead? I realllyy really love this hat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(Check me out Cheesy)

ragdoll193
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2008 08:14:47 PM »

i'm working on it. i think that since it wasn't a pattern that someone else made, but just a simple cable pattern that is in multiple books, integrated INTO a self made pattern, i can post it when i figure it out. not having the hat, this is more difficult than it should be (i've also never written a pattern, but i feel i can)

if you want it to be child sized (since i donated it, i don't have any measurements) you can get started with CO 84 sts and work 2x2 ribbing in the round for about 2.5 inches (adjustable to your desired length, that's how long I did mine) if not, you need... a multiple of 20 sts. I personally worked it on size 7 or 8 dpn's with patons classic merino wool yarn in dark grey i think (don't take my word for it) again, not having the hat and never swatching, i don't know the gauge. it was worked with the intent of not having holes in the fabric that were bigger than the yarn is around.

ps i will check on the yarn, i believe i still have the label
« Last Edit: July 15, 2008 08:23:28 PM by ragdoll193 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

^♥^
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Criss Cross Crochet
How to Crochet Granny Squares
Creative Birthday Card Styles
Creative Wrapping Paper Styles
How to Read Crochet Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...