A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,318
Currently Running With Scissors:
466 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Location Shout Outs!  (Read 20455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sead
« Reply #80 on: February 27, 2006 08:30:18 AM »

Any other Haggers?

i drive through there every year on my way to oakland for the autumn glory festival.

do you ever watch yes, dear?  the guy on there went to frostburg, he's always wearing frostburg sweatshirts and stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #81 on: February 27, 2006 10:44:55 AM »

Any other Haggers?

i drive through there every year on my way to oakland for the autumn glory festival.
do you ever watch yes, dear?  the guy on there went to frostburg, he's always wearing frostburg sweatshirts and stuff.
Wow, that's cool. I have not seen the Yes, Dear reference yet. Earl is set "somewhere" in Maryland. A few weeks ago there was an episode where he went to Frostburg to return a laptop computer he stole. The web page for the show does not tell _exactly_ where Earl is set, but they do explain that the creator is a graduate of Frostburg State. Cool! I wonder what the connection is for Yes,Dear.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
corinne_x3
« Reply #82 on: March 05, 2006 08:37:46 AM »

I live in Annapolis but I'm in Reisterstown every other weekend.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ChibikoKy

C is for cupcake and it's good enough for me.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #83 on: March 05, 2006 10:03:35 AM »

Frederick here. It's not so bad, Frederick's pretty big so I have a JoAnns for fabrics and a Michaels and an AC Moore...and there's a bead shop over by AC Moore too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Currently working on: Otakon 2010 Azumanga Daioh cosplay
Alton Brown/Good Eats swap
Samurai themed t-shirts
kitschycoup
Modest Mom

Tim Gunn is MY homeboy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #84 on: March 05, 2006 10:46:57 AM »

Frederick has some really great crafty type stores! The JoAnn there is sooooo much better than the one up here in Hagerstown. I swear that the JoAnn here is the armpit of hell. The employees are A++++ - all super sweet, but the store itself is crum.
I wish that Hager would get a good craft/art/fabric store. All we have is the JoAnn and WalMart  Tongue for fabric. I always hit the JoAnn in Frederick when I go down there. Are there any other new fabric stores in Fred? I moved up here about 5 yearsago - so I'm not too hip to what's new there.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Being cool is not a competition - It's a cause!!" ~ me

The universe is shaped exactly like the earth. If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were.
eraffert
« Reply #85 on: March 08, 2006 08:38:49 AM »

I live in Baltimore City, in Govans, which is between Charles Village and Towson. I'm pretty much just a knitter. Woolworks is the closest LYS, but I really like A.C. Moore of the big craft stores, because they do have some nice hand-dyed wools and some more exotic alpaca blends.

I still haven't been to an Atomic Knit Nite, but it's always on my calendar and I always mean to go.

I didn't know My Name is Earl was supposed to be set in MD! That's funny!

For anyone who is following the Deeeeeeeeep V Neck Vest thread in the Knitting forum, Eunny lives in MD.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Zelda.Suicide
« Reply #86 on: March 08, 2006 09:12:55 AM »

does anyone know anything about the capitol heights area?

we're starting to house hunt, and my husband wants to move closer to dc
we'll be first time home owners, and we cant afford too much (we dont think)
everything up here (in columbia) is so expensive, sadly, i love this area

any suggestions or any advice welcome
THIS ROCKS   Logged

strgazr
« Reply #87 on: March 10, 2006 08:00:59 AM »

I live in Westminster but I'm in Frederick alot and work in Towson.   Zelda I don't know Capital Heights very well but I do know that Columbia can be pretty expensive.  Check out washingtondc.craigslist.org the real estate section is pretty active and there are new houses posted every day.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

snazzypants
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2006 01:44:57 PM »

Earl is set "somewhere" in Maryland. A few weeks ago there was an episode where he went to Frostburg to return a laptop computer he stole. The web page for the show does not tell _exactly_ where Earl is set, but they do explain that the creator is a graduate of Frostburg State. Cool! I wonder what the connection is for Yes,Dear.

They were both created by the same guy - Greg Garcia.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
robbedbyapickle
« Reply #89 on: May 09, 2006 08:38:52 AM »

I live in Annapolis but I'm in Reisterstown every other weekend.

i'm an annapolis...ian too. i've never really found any cool funky craft shops in the area besides michaels and jo anns, which really aren't that cool or funky in the first place. have you had better luck than me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"sometimes we love with nothing more than hope. sometimes we cry with everything except tears. in the end that's all there is: love and its duty, suffering and it's truth. in the end that's all we have-to hold on tight until the dawn."
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...