A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 303,936
Currently Running With Scissors:
654 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Location Shout Outs!  (Read 18204 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sweethelena

Red shoes are hot.

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2005 12:52:59 PM »

Hi guys - since there are always posts on here like "anyone here from _______?", can we do a location exchange?  I'd hate to think we might be missing crafters who live close by! What do you think?

I'll start - I'm from Frostburg! (Allegany County)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2005 02:11:36 PM »

Hey Holly- I just checked out your website!  I'm in Silver Spring
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2005 12:09:35 AM »

Perry Hall/White Marsh here!!  (Baltimore County)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
flossie
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2005 12:04:32 PM »

Bethesda! (sort of near Silver Spring, in Mont. county!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerEyes
Super Flirt! *wink*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2005 05:02:37 PM »

I'm from Baltimore, hon!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get sh*t done!
peka

"Not all who wander are lost" JRR Tolkein

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2005 12:10:38 PM »

Hello out there in Maryland!

My partner and I are about to move to Baltimore - yeah -(if I get the job, the phone interviews have gone good).

We were wondering if y'all had any good tips for people not at all familiar with the area, ya' know - is there an that is better or worse area to look for housing, where are the best crafting/yarn shops, what are the best music venues, any fun off-the-beaten-path resturants or such,  I guess anything that would be helpful. I have not been to Baltimore yet and my partner has only been there once a few years ago, I am really looking forward to getting up there and scoping things out.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all have.

Elizabeth
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tigerEyes
Super Flirt! *wink*

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2005 05:39:47 PM »

Hello out there in Maryland!

My partner and I are about to move to Baltimore - yeah -(if I get the job, the phone interviews have gone good).

We were wondering if y'all had any good tips for people not at all familiar with the area, ya' know - is there an that is better or worse area to look for housing, where are the best crafting/yarn shops, what are the best music venues, any fun off-the-beaten-path resturants or such,  I guess anything that would be helpful. I have not been to Baltimore yet and my partner has only been there once a few years ago, I am really looking forward to getting up there and scoping things out.

Thanks in advance for any info y'all have.

Elizabeth

For most of what you're looking for check out The City Paper: best of Baltimore edition.  As for housing, I would check out midtown, fell's point, canton, and charles village.  You just may have to search around for good areas but the ones I gave are good starting points.

Added info:  I usually go to A Good Yarn, located in Fells Point, for all of my wool yarns-http://www.agoodyarn.com. As for art supplies the major two stores are Pla-za Arts and Utretch.  There's also the MICA school store.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005 08:38:16 AM by tigerEyes » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I get sh*t done!
kate conspiracy
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2005 05:56:02 PM »

Baltimore! Hampden/Medfield neighborhood. I second the CityPaper recommendations (they have great rent listings, I don't know much about house buying though)- I moved to Balto. from Minneapolis is 2002, if you need any "moving here from outta state" advice pm me and I'll pass it on Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2005 06:06:34 PM by kate conspiracy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2005 11:18:07 PM »

Ooh!  I can help!  I'm in real estate!

It all really depends on where you're looking, to be honest.  If you're looking for suburbia, then the suggestions provided by these members aren't going to help you. 

However, if you're looking in the city, then these suggestions are right on the money!  If you want to PM me, I can hook you up with my boss (I'm an assistant to a Realtor) who knows lots about both suburbia and the city, particularly the areas that were mentioned.

I'm not too up on the good places to shop for yarn and whatnot...  I don't do yarn craft!  But I know that the other MDers here will take good care of you regarding that!  They don't call us Charm City for nothin'!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
peka

"Not all who wander are lost" JRR Tolkein

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2005 10:48:15 AM »

I just love craftster! Thank you so much for the most helpful advice. I find out tomorrow if I need to begin the process in earnest or not. My fingers are crossed. It is really helpful to know some names to look out for and stuff like that. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I hope to be seeing you all soon on the streets of Baltimore.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Stitch a French Knot
How to Apply Iron on Transfers
How to Tie Dye a Bikini
How to Do Stitches on the Sewing Machine
How to Use Dye on Garments
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...