A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,898
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My Pet Swap Gallery  (Read 27830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

SampsonsLynnie
Now Presenting...

Supergeek

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2008 09:26:33 AM »

Wow! That's a lot of stuff!  Grin

Too bad they don't seem to enjoy their "hats" more... Those expressions are priceless!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

« Reply #151 on: February 20, 2008 09:44:16 AM »

LOL! Josey and Buddy are too cute with their "hats" on. That's so great that you got a recipe book. Awesome stuff.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
doo_leroux
Cross Stitch Diva

Heya!

« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2008 09:59:59 AM »

Christ......I hope I made enough. I don't think I did. One thing is small but took me too long to do. Stupid hindsight.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Big project Stitchalong 2009 - Ongoing
Tea Towel Tour 5 - In Progress
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #153 on: February 20, 2008 10:10:55 AM »

Yeah, what she said
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #154 on: February 20, 2008 11:08:39 AM »

omg that package got there fast! so now i'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon being nervous until you can pick it up after work... eeek i hope you like it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
acidtrix
hell yeah

To the Bat Tank!

« Reply #155 on: February 20, 2008 11:13:42 AM »

and in response to doo_leroux's comment about size of items - I had NO IDEA how to judge this! I haven't a clue about how what i sent would be classified. i'm assuming its based on time spend and not physical size. but, for example (and this has nothing to do with my package), you make 2 ferret hammocks, one for each of your partner's pets, does that count as one item or two? just curious for future swaps...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check me out at www.acidtrix.com
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #156 on: February 20, 2008 11:18:46 AM »

It is time spent and not size. Something small may take you 4 hours where something "large" may take 15 minutes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #157 on: February 20, 2008 12:15:37 PM »

and in response to doo_leroux's comment about size of items - I had NO IDEA how to judge this! I haven't a clue about how what i sent would be classified. i'm assuming its based on time spend and not physical size. but, for example (and this has nothing to do with my package), you make 2 ferret hammocks, one for each of your partner's pets, does that count as one item or two? just curious for future swaps...
2. For example, Both myself and dragonslair requested at least one if not 2 hammocks from each other. That's 2 items. Size is dependent on time spent most of the time, and for me it's also the quality. I made a rule for my self I would not send something I was not happy with. So I also rate it that way too. If it's a nice quality item over something that's been sort of "slapped together." then I think it's a larger item.
Some people may be able to produce that sort of item all the time. For me it's more of an effort. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #158 on: February 20, 2008 02:14:07 PM »

The hours are a general guideline for size. Since there were so many different animals and sizes/numbers. I really left a lot up to you and your partner.

That's tough call about the hammock thing (or crafts like the hammock). I made 2 of each item for my partner (she has 2 dogs) and I counted them as one item, but that's just me. I think it depends on the organizer and what they are considering items and what you and your partner work out. This swap is a little different because there are so many different animals whereas swaps that are more concrete will have more rigid guidelines about size, hours spent, crafts to make.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
newyorkdoll
« Reply #159 on: February 20, 2008 03:24:34 PM »

Finally, I had my photoshoot with my kitty Cosmo tonight! I had pneumonia and missed the first 2 weeks of my last semester of college, so I was in bed with Cosmo being my nursemaid and doing as much crafting as my codine-laced prescription cough medicine would allow.
taking everything out of the box, Mr. Nosy investigating...

Sooo, here are my amazing swap items from the wonderful Annacharlotte!
I go upstate (I live in NYC) to visit my parents every other month-ish, and Cosmo comes with me, because my parents love him. Annacharlotte made me a bag to carry all his stuff in (and some of mine.)

And it's REVERSIBLE!

A matching pillow that also matches my apartment! Note all the cat hair that takes over anything black.

An exploration tunnel that makes crinkly sounds- makes Cosmo go crazy!

He absolutely REFUSED to go in it when I was taking pictures. He usually only goes in there when no one is looking. He drags it around the apartment, jumps on it, opens it with his nose and paws, goes through once, then drags it to another part of the apt. This is him jumping all over it so it would crinkle.

A NECKLACE! It has a long silver chain, and looks so classy. When you look close, the charms are Cosmo portraits of my kitty on it. I LOVE it! I couldn't take a picture of it without His Highness trying to take it away from me.

CAT TIES!!! So exciting. Since I got a sewing machine, but am so not mechanically inclined, my cat ties came out retarded. Annacharlotte made gorgeous ones! Matching, of course.

His dramatic,  modeling pose:

Three, washable, reusable, refillable bags (matching fabric!) with organic (Annacharlotte and I both like organic things) catnip.

He is under a year old, still a baby although getting huge, so catnip is just starting to affect him. He was sitting on my bed, licking it, then rolling around for a few mins, then coming back for more. Note the catnip all over my bed...

A whimsical shadowbox portrait of the kitty. I LOVE this! If I HAD to pick a favorite item, this would be it.

This shows the dimention of it. You can't see it well in the picture, but there are circles sewn into it with rainbow, metallic thread:

I was going to put it on my wall somewhere, but it looks great on my bookshelf, it's on the upper right corner. Fat Cat can be seen taking one of his many naps on his chair:

Cosmo admiring his goodies:

Don't I look gorgeous in my tie? PS: It's reversible!

All the goodies:

Cosmo and I thank Annacharlotte SO MUCH for all of our beautiful, thoughtful, and wonderfully made swap goodies! She spoiled us!

Love, Jaime and Cosmo

« Last Edit: February 20, 2008 03:29:23 PM by newyorkdoll » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages."
     Thomas Edison
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 39 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Giuliana Rancic Helps a Cancer Survivor Cut Off 45 Inches of Hair
Restore Smooth Texture and Beautiful Color to Dry, Over-Processed Hair
How to Do a Low Rolled Updo for Holiday Parties
VF COLLECTIONS: Kristian Aadnevik Spring/Summer 2015 - London Fashion Week
Get Hot Holiday Hairstyles
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...