A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 301,998
Currently Running With Scissors:
370 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Snowflake Fingerless Gloves  (Read 15525 times)
Tags for this thread: fingerless_gloves  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CailynDragon
« Reply #70 on: February 18, 2008 05:24:34 PM »

Do you think they would be something that a new knitter would be able to accomplish? Hmmm, I think I should commission a pair instead. Methinks they are above my knitting capabilities; still at the scarf and kitchen cloth stage.

I believe in you!  If you take it one stitch at a time, it's not really that complicated.  It depends on how adventurous (and patient!) you're feeling... Hm, in the interest of not being hunted down by an angry knitter for bad advice, I say take a couple of colors of yarn (any kind) and try knitting some vertical stripes or the palm pattern as a trial.

In your pattern, I noticed that you weave in your ends 10 to 15 stitches and start a new yarn so you overlap 10 stitches.  This is more than I've seen from other patterns and discussions, and personally, I feel more secure overlapping more.  Did you do this because of the type of yarn you were using in the gloves or is this something you do all the time?

I saw this tutorial a while ago, and it seemed to be a good way to save myself some time, because I hate weaving in ends.  Now, if I possibly can, this is the only way I do it for any project.  Plus, by adding the new colors at the end of the previous row, there aren't any holes at the join. 

I'm crazy careful with ends.  I try not to tie knots, so I like the extra security of more weaving.  It's a personal choice, I think.  Palette will felt itself a little as it's worn, securing the yarn tails even more, so I guess I didn't really need to be so careful, but....  Tongue

i am a newbie and still trying to understand how to navigate and see stuff. like I'm lost! where is the pic of the fingerless gloves?

Under the last post on the page, there are page numbers to jump forward or backwards.  The pictures are on the first page.  Hope that helps!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My new knitting blog- I'm so excited! http://dailyskein.wordpress.com/
pixie5
lover of fabric, beads, and paint

keep on keepin' on

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2008 05:57:43 PM »

those are beautiful!! i'm jealous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

they could catch us, or they could kill us, but they can never crush our spirit

www.waterlizard.etsy.com
roundhouseknitter
« Reply #72 on: February 19, 2008 05:05:21 AM »

Oh, name-calling amongst colours:  when will they learn?

Seriously though, these are really gorgeous; I must make myself a pair!

Hello jagger! I don't see the picture(s) or the instructions. Can somebody put them back up? CailynDragon said to jump to page one but this is page one! Would love to make something that sounds so pretty! Thanks. Have a good one.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
jagger

The restless shall go and the faithful shall stay

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 19, 2008 05:05:39 AM »

I saw this tutorial a while ago, and it seemed to be a good way to save myself some time, because I hate weaving in ends.  Now, if I possibly can, this is the only way I do it for any project.  Plus, by adding the new colors at the end of the previous row, there aren't any holes at the join.

Thanks for posting this link.  It's exactly what I needed, since I also hate weaving in ends.  Very helpful in illustrating what to do.  Cheesy

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe he won't fight."  "Will he bleed?  That's all we care about."

Is he willing but not able to prevent evil?  Then he is impotent.  Is he able but not willing?  Then he is malevolent.  Is he both able and willing?  Whence then is evil?  --Epicurus
jagger

The restless shall go and the faithful shall stay

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 19, 2008 05:12:55 AM »

Hello jagger! I don't see the picture(s) or the instructions. Can somebody put them back up? CailynDragon said to jump to page one but this is page one! Would love to make something that sounds so pretty! Thanks. Have a good one.

I'm not sure...for me, that post is on page 7.  Are you using the 'new' icon to view this thread, cuz that would take you straight to the new posts, skipping the original.  Just above or below the thread, there should be all the page numbers.  Try clicking on #1. 

HTH
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Maybe he won't fight."  "Will he bleed?  That's all we care about."

Is he willing but not able to prevent evil?  Then he is impotent.  Is he able but not willing?  Then he is malevolent.  Is he both able and willing?  Whence then is evil?  --Epicurus
roundhouseknitter
« Reply #75 on: February 19, 2008 05:21:49 AM »

oh my gosh girl, they are super! funny thing, I frogged a sweater with a snowflake motif and just before I tore it all the way, I thought, "let me go ahead and put this pattern down on paper". I'm glad I did 'cause its good to preserve such pretty things, am I right! Thank You so much for sharing! Oh, by the way I did a search for your gloves and the pattern was a PDF. No wonder I couldn't find it, duhh! I'm learning my way around, I'm learning! (think I read somewhere, "search before you post"! ooopps)
Again thanks for sharing. beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hello vera

Not all who wander are lost

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2008 06:04:22 AM »

Id go blind trying to knit something so beautiful. Id buy these in a heartbeat. Im a big fan of these
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crazyframes

prrrrrs make the world go round!

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 21, 2008 10:09:47 AM »

Wow! Those are truly beautiful. I've been looking for a project to try color with and think I just found it! Thanks for the post!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chick-wiff-sticks
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2008 08:07:35 PM »

That has to be the best colorwork I've ever seen!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.intherealworld.moonfruit.com
We need an artist! Visit the site and try out!
beccacc
« Reply #79 on: April 02, 2008 04:59:59 PM »

i cant remember if i commented before but
THESE ARE AMZING
thanks so much for posting a pattern if i one day suddently become amazing at knitting and fair aisle then i HAVE TO make these
theyre so pretty and i love the color choice!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out paperstache.etsy.com for papercrafts, cards, illustrations, prints, custom orders, etc!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Manga Drawing Tips
Manga Drawing Techniques
How to Develop Your Own Manga Characters
How to Draw a Manga Head Shape and Facial Features
ART BASEL 2012: An Inside Look at the Best Exhibits From the Miami Art Fest
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...