A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
449 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slipper Swap (Sign-Ups Closed; Send Outs 02/29/08)  (Read 6689 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2008 06:12:07 PM »

There is no such thing as oversharing!  Unless, of course, you tell us about how badly you need pepto due to nausa, heartburn, indigestion, upset stomach, and diarrhea.  lol  That, my friend, is too much information!  lol

I've had a couple of swaps where I was nervous about what I was sending, so I was glad when partners sent first so that I could gauge my package on that.  lol 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
Fruitloops
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008 09:41:00 PM »

I'll be sewing! I love love love to crochet, but I think it would be fun for my partner to recieve something a little different (since she crochets too Wink )

I'm a sahm also; I've two spirited (that's the polite way to say roudy lol) boys, ages 5 & 2. Oh I'm 22, we homeschool the oldest (we've just started kindergarden curriculum) and when I'm not doing mommy/household/homeschool related activities I can be found sewing, crocheting, dying, felting or attempting to spin yarn lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Kayly666
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2008 09:06:23 AM »

I'm so excited for my first swap, I've been on craftster for a long time (this account and I had a previous one I forgot the password to) and I've always wanted to do swaps but I was worried I wouldn't finish up in time, this one I knew I could do because I've had practice with those slippers.

A little but about myself: Well, I'm 19yrs old, (which makes me a little intimidated because you all seem to have kids hehe), um when I was in highschool I was captain of my cheerleading team, while going through my goth stage at the same time. As a result of that little contradiction nobody has ever let me forget about it. In place of children I have 2 cats, Snowflake who I've had since I was 3 and is very old, and Chloe who we found living in a car in our garage last year who has since ballooned up to a whopping 23lbs (which is pretty good for a stray hehe) and an American Eskimo Dog, Nikita who I've had for 6yrs. I started university at York this year but it was an 1hr45min commute each way by bus so I dropped out and will be starting at Durham College in the fall of this year. Right now I'm working in a call center as the OnStar lady which is pretty good but sometimes scary when you get an emergency call of somebody dying. Other than that I like doing 19yr old girl things, hanging out with friends, excercising my newfound legal right to legally drink in bars, so on and so forth.

Wow, I think Im now winning for way TMI

Question: Now it said to communicate with your partner when you recieve their info so do I just PM her and be like "HI I now know where you LIVE, but don't worry I wont hurt you I'm just going to send you slippers" ?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

<a href="http://www.livejournal.com/users/next_big_thing1">Next Big Thing</a>
<br>
Unless otherwise stated items I post on craftster are available at the above website.
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008 01:18:28 PM »

Grin I'm done with my slippers; I knew just the pattern I wanted to use.  Good thing since hheever is my partner Cheesy.  Now I'm working on another goodie.   

Shout out to hheever!
She is fun as a swap partner, so attentive.

Off to work on my secret goodie project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marylini
« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2008 07:30:46 PM »

kayly666-- i was a full blown hippie, costume and all, and also on the cheerleading team and blew everyone's mind. so funny. i hope you wore your goth makeup during games!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/yeastthemovie  My directoral debut
www.myspace.com/marybronstein   me
www.myspace.com/photolini  photocomics i do
www.spout.com/butterknife   web-series i do
www.frownlandinc.com         a movie my husband did that I'm also in
hheever
Hooked on Crochet worked for me.

Help, I started crocheting, and I can't stop!!!

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2008 07:57:10 PM »

Ok, is it sad that this is the most fun I have had in a LONG time?  My life is kinda hectic right now, but really making stuff for Pinkleo has been so much fun, and it has given me focus.  I needed that!  I made a fun little project while I got my remicade infusion today, now I have to think if I want to do something else or not! 

p.s.  My friend saw the slippers and now she covets!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic-Buffy Summers

Mine is much more advanced-Xander Harris

I-I like my women like I like my coffee, er, covered in bees! [to the bees] All right, back off, back off! Argh!" -Eddie Izzard

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss-Rent
hollyis
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2008 04:51:03 AM »

this swap's awesome.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sending letters, finding buttons, my new vegan chocolate ice cream recipe, coffee, getting mail.
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2008 01:11:38 PM »

I just want to make sure---everyone HAS had some sort of contact with their partner, right?  I'm crusing along on my slippers.  I'm glad people are having fun.  I really like low-pressure swaps where I can just craft something relatively quickly and send it off!  I'm getting close to being done with mine--I've just been busy the last couple days, so maybe tonight I can get it done.  After I go shopping tonight for more running socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
hotgluegert
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2008 06:40:37 PM »

Yikes I am starting to feel behind so I forced my big butt to go to hobby lobby today for supplies so I can start mine tomorrow unless no sleep tonight if my vicadin doesn't work then I will craft alot more lol..... slowwwwwww down hehe
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If your living like there is no God you had better hope your right
outofthequestion
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008 07:35:13 PM »

I am excited about this swap because i have never made slippers before and like to be forced into situations to try something new....otherwise i'll just make the same things 500 times because i know how! hopefully my partner, outofthequestion, will benefit from my adventurous spirit! anyway...there you have it.

lol marlini... i'm sure it will be great... just so you know... i haven't crocheted slippers before either, and i also crochet the same things over and over, so this might get interesting LOL
THIS ROCKS   Logged

goin' crazy, and lovin' every minute...

http://www.crochetcastle.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Best & Worst Beauty Of 2014
VF COLLECTIONS: Tommy Hilfiger Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
VF NEWS: Elie Saab Spring/Summer 2015 - Paris Fashion Week
British Man Spends $150,000 to Keep Up With Kim Kardashian
5 Makeup Tips to Look Younger
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...