A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,747
Currently Running With Scissors:
422 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Slipper Swap (Sign-Ups Closed; Send Outs 02/29/08)  (Read 6599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Fruitloops
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2008 11:10:35 AM »

Oh awesome! Thanks DisneyFan for getting the partners together already Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DisneyFan
I Love Disney, My Husband Loves Shakira!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2008 12:19:24 PM »

Getting all of the information and sending it out is my LEAST favorite part of organizing, but now, we can just get to swapping and chatting.  I went ahead and closed sign-ups.  We have an even number, and there weren't any other shows of interest this morning, so we're on our way now!

I'll introduce myself:  I am DisneyFan--aka: Lynne.  I'm 32, almost 33, married 2 1/2 years to my husband, and we have an 11 1/2 year old from my previous marriage.  Baseball season has begun already, so the next 7 months, or so, revolve around this.  It's a good thing because I get a lot of crocheting done during practices and games!  Our family is nutty about visiting Disney parks and are planning our next trip for Jan 2009--so that I can run the Walt Disney World Half Marathon.  I've already forked over my $100 for registration, but I feel like the more people I tell, the more responsible I feel for getting off my butt and going to run 2 miles tonight to prepare for a 5K in three weeks.  Baby steps--I only started running 4 months ago, and I've never been an athletic person, but I enjoy it.  I swear, if I can do it, ANYONE can do it!  So, aside from running, Disney, and baseball, I love watching movies, reading books (lately, they've all been running books), playing games like Yahtzee and SkipBo, and traveling. 

Okay--enough about me!  As I said in all of the PMs I sent out, if there are any questions or concerns throughout the course of the swap, please let me know!!!  If you get a strange "feeling" about your partner--with regards to a possible flaking--let me know as soon as possible.  Don't think of it as being a tattle-tale, think of it as being proactive!  The sooner I get brought into any problems, the sooner we can fix them!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I took up running so that I could eat more, not because it feels good.  haha
marylini
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2008 01:34:49 PM »

DisneyFan--you are so organized, thanks for being our fearless leader.

I am excited about this swap because i have never made slippers before and like to be forced into situations to try something new....otherwise i'll just make the same things 500 times because i know how! hopefully my partner, outofthequestion, will benefit from my adventurous spirit! anyway...there you have it.

i am also super excited and stressed right now because my first try at directing a film (i am usually an actress) got me into a rather large film festival, that will be in march...i'll add the website down below when i get it up and running. i am super stressed and so now i need crocheting and crafting in general more than ever! save me from my nerves, craftster!!

so thats a little about me.  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.myspace.com/yeastthemovie  My directoral debut
www.myspace.com/marybronstein   me
www.myspace.com/photolini  photocomics i do
www.spout.com/butterknife   web-series i do
www.frownlandinc.com         a movie my husband did that I'm also in
pinkleo
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

~*HPC Headmistress*~

lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch

« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2008 07:37:17 PM »

Hi Fellow Slipper Swappers!

I am so excited to be doing my first swap; thanks again DisneyFan for organizing.
Let's see...a little about me...I'm 34 years old.  I will have been married 12 years on Feb. 29th.  I am a mother of two-a son, 11 and a daughter, 4.  I am a SAHM and full-time student (striving for BA in English).  Besides being a craft-a-holic (which takes up most of my "free" time), I love to read, travel, and play games (Wii play, guitar hero, card games, pogo.com).

Hope everone has tons of fun with the swap!

Happy Crafting!
pinkleo
« Last Edit: January 26, 2008 07:40:10 PM by pinkleo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

hotgluegert
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2008 11:36:57 AM »

HI to all our slipper fans I am 51 and was married 30yrs  my ex hubby found true on the internet haha and left ..... I have moved on thank God I have  a great daughter who helps alot I am in a wheel chair for the most part so have plenty of time for crafting and have recently become addicted to swaps lol ,,,so welcome newbies .....This should be a fun one I actullly get teased by my family for some of my wacky slippers I collect them like some people collect shoes .... Can't wait to start .... 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If your living like there is no God you had better hope your right
hollyis
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008 12:25:40 AM »

is anyone not knitting or crocheting their slippers?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sending letters, finding buttons, my new vegan chocolate ice cream recipe, coffee, getting mail.
hheever
Hooked on Crochet worked for me.

Help, I started crocheting, and I can't stop!!!

« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008 05:15:24 AM »

ok, my excitement level for this is unbounded!  My slipper part of the package is DONE, once I started I just could not stop.  Now I just have to figure out what other goodies my partner is going to get.  I have some definite ideas!  Does anyone know how the sending and receiving works?  Do I send as soon as I am done, or do I need to wait, or what?  I am just so full of newbie questions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic-Buffy Summers

Mine is much more advanced-Xander Harris

I-I like my women like I like my coffee, er, covered in bees! [to the bees] All right, back off, back off! Argh!" -Eddie Izzard

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss-Rent
jessvict
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008 06:25:58 AM »

WOW hheever, Ive only picked out the yarn.  Embarrassed I'll be crocheting my swap slippers. Heres a little about me: I'm 30 and have been married for 41/2 years. I have a blended family. (he had 4 kids and I had 1 when we met) Somehow I make time for crafting. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jennyleigh

So many projects. So little time.

« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008 06:47:39 AM »

hhever, you are fast!  I'm still thinking about the type of slippers I want to make for my partner and how I want to make them.

My experience with swaps is this:  When I am ready to send, I contact my partner to see where they are in the process.  I personally think it's less stressful for both partners to send around the same time.  But that's just me.

I am 44, married for 20 years, sahm to 15 yo daughter and have a 4 1/2 yo Westie named Max (What was I thinking?  Smiley  ).  I enjoy sewing, crocheting, knitting with a knifty knitter and paper crafts (including scrapping and cardmaking).  I was a paralegal before I quit work to be a sahm in 1998.  I also love music, reading and working crossword puzzles and sudoku.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hheever
Hooked on Crochet worked for me.

Help, I started crocheting, and I can't stop!!!

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008 07:23:24 AM »

hhever, you are fast!  I'm still thinking about the type of slippers I want to make for my partner and how I want to make them.

I guess my mania worked to my advantage this time!  I just could not stop!  Since crocheting is the only method available to me for making the slippers, it was really not a hard choice.  I mean I could have hand sewed, but that take me so much longer, and my arthritis does not like hand sewing.

Since I am the crazy super poster, I guess I should tell y'all a little about me.  My name is Faye, I live in Baltimore, I am 32 (as of last Sunday), and I am currently working a contract with the State Gov't.  I really like it, but it is due to come to an end soon, and would like it to be made permanent.  I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up, but I am trying to figure it out, and in the meantime, I do this, and I teach drivers ed.  As I mentioned above I have some weird mutant arthritis which is, thank G-D under control (most of the time) with an infusion treatment that I get every 6 weeks.  I get my love of crafting from my mom, who taught me when I was little.  I am determined to learn how to knit, as that was my mom's craft of choice, and I never had the patience when she was alive. 
So I am sure that that is WAY more than enough info about me, and I am sorry if I overshared.  I should go pretend to work now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Your logic does not resemble our Earth logic-Buffy Summers

Mine is much more advanced-Xander Harris

I-I like my women like I like my coffee, er, covered in bees! [to the bees] All right, back off, back off! Argh!" -Eddie Izzard

Forget regret, or life is yours to miss-Rent
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Grilled Sandwiches - Rueben Part 2
How to Make Grilled Sandwiches - Rueben
How to Fry Chicken
How to Bake Chicken
How to Make a Basic Chicken Rub
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...