A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 305,035
Currently Running With Scissors:
431 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Spring is here! Time to make some new friends! :)  (Read 25200 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #240 on: December 02, 2009 05:53:29 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/blog/?p=5921

No Coast is the weekend! I will be there with Rackycoo both days in area A, next to the Current. Please stop by and say hi! If you wear a Craftster t-shirt you will get 10% off your purchase. We will be selling Craftster t-shirts. Even if you aren't buying, come by and say hi! We *may* go to Town Talk for a drink after the show on Friday (if we aren't too exhausted), so if you see us in there feel free to join us! Happy shopping (and selling, if you have a booth!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
hollydaze

Best things I ever made.

View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 22, 2010 12:59:40 PM »

OK, Minnesotans - we can all come out of hibernation now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We're not totally at the mercy of the wind, or of life.  Wind is essentially a chaotic phenomenon, but you can still sail in it.
Cuttie_2008
« Reply #242 on: May 27, 2010 02:09:36 PM »

Haha sounds good! Someone fill me in? I've been gone from the thread for a few months, stupid life getting in the way of my craftster.. *grumble grumble*

Is there a meeting planned for summer yet?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my infantile blog! http://juliadawn.blog.com/
miss upsetter

In my experience, there's no such thing as "luck".

View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 19, 2010 09:50:16 AM »

I'm still relatively new to MN (minneapolis, specifically) and would love to do some meet ups and make some new friends. Meeting people here is so hard!

Anything planned anytime soon?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #244 on: August 19, 2010 11:28:38 AM »

We suck! Let's plan something! And welcome!! I have been here 5 years, it IS hard to meet people.

OK, folks, let's make it happen! How about Sat, 28th?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
miss upsetter

In my experience, there's no such thing as "luck".

View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 19, 2010 10:22:30 PM »

hi Batgirl! nice to "meet" you! I can't do the 28th because I'm doing house projects with my landlady while she's in town. lame!!

I'm glad I'm not i'm not the only one that feels it's hard to meet people here. So let me ask you, where are you from originally and what's your favorite craft styles (I guess that's how you put it?)?

I'm from phoenix,az and my favorite crafts are sewing, crocheting, cross stitch drawing, painting, and i'm now starting to dabble in woodwork, embroidery, and casting resin.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
batgirl
Global Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #246 on: August 20, 2010 04:51:56 AM »

I'm from Indianapolis and I moved here for a job 5 years ago. Phoenix? Get ready for a shock this winter! Smiley This is a good area for craftiness, we have tons of crafty culture. There's a guide to crafty resources on this board. I like to make jewelry, embroidery, a little sewing, mixed media, and general dabbling.

What about the 4th or 5th? What part of the cities do you live?

Anyone else out there? Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

50 Things
millik
Cap'm of the Nerd Brigade

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #247 on: August 24, 2010 08:52:21 AM »

Hello! I'm here!

I'm from Baltimore, but I've been here now for 10 years. (Watch out: it's a trap.)

I do hand embroidery, cross stitch, general home sewing (pillows, stuffies, etc.) and of course general dabbling, as well.

I may be going out of town for labor day weekend, but if not I will surely come to a get-together. Also, I work in Uptown, so if anyone ever wants to do lunch in Uptown, please let me know!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Cuttie_2008
« Reply #248 on: August 25, 2010 07:12:17 PM »

I'm here too!  Grin
I'm originally from northern MN. I moved to Inver Grove Heights 2 years ago, and Plymouth last year.
I dabble A LOT, but some of my favorites are crocheting, sewing, paper things (scrapping and card-making, etc.) and a bunch of other stuff too.  Smiley OH! And I love love love art in the form of food! Elaborate wedding cakes are totally my thing!  Wink
I think I'll be gone labor day weekend too..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my infantile blog! http://juliadawn.blog.com/
DoodleLou
I don't know what I don't know. But I want to know.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #249 on: August 26, 2010 12:50:09 PM »

Howdy!  I'm out here too!  But I way out here, as in not living in the cities.  I live out in the sticks of central Minnesota.  I live near Grove City.  It's the little dot on the map between Litchfield and Willmar.  If you know where those two towns are.  Grin

The kinds of things I do are: glass works- stained and warm glass,  PMC, sewing, crocheting, making jewelry and cooking.  My latest and greatest love is SOAPING!  I'm in love.  It's the greatest combination of cooking and crafting.

I had a met up with a couple Craftsters about a year and a half ago.  It was great!  We met up to exchange for SWAP we were in.  We had a wonderful time talking about how the non-crafty people in our lives just don't understand our addictions.  Wink

Actually we'll be in the cities during Labor Day weekend.  We're going to the State Fair!  Whoo-hoo!  I'll be wearing my elastic waist pants and my comfy walking shoes.  Look out cheese curds and pronto pups!  I'm coming for ya!

But if any of you city folks want to work your way out to the rural area, I'd be happy to try to organize something!  Litchfield or Hutch.  Both are great towns with wonderful places to meet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Self diagnosis: Obsessive, complusive crafty addict with AD/HD tendancies.

"The thing about glitter is if you get it on you, be prepared to have it on you forever. Glitter is the herpes of craft supplies." Demetri Martin

https://www.facebook.com/Feeding.the.Habit
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Scallops and Rice Recipe
Rock Fish in Cilantro Sauce Recipe
How to Make Chili Cinnamon Salmon with Mango Salsa Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 2/2
How to Make Smoked Salmon Hash Part 1/2
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Thrifty Dog Bed
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...