A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,317
Currently Running With Scissors:
484 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: It's about time I stop lurking and post my jewelry (super pic heavy)  (Read 2001 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ailurophile

Corduroy pillows - they're making headlines!

View Profile
« on: January 17, 2008 09:48:24 PM »

This only the tip of the iceberg, I've made much more since I started beading 3 years ago at the age of 13. I've tried just about everything, but I like beadweaving the best. These are just some projects I like, what do you think?

I made this for a contest at my not-so-local bead store. We were given the freshwater pearls and allowed to use anything else. I used sodalite chips, Toho seed beads, Nymo thread, a mother of pearl focal, and a sterling plated clasp. I used a double scallop technique from some book on the bade and a circular netting technique from some website (I probably should be able to cite these, but I know I could find them if I looked). The mother of pearl disc is 75mm or something. I was surprised at all the similarities between entries, 3 or 4 other people used sodalite also, and another person used the same MOP disc (but it was still radically different). I didn't win the contest, but I still love this necklace. This was probably my third biggest project ever, but I don't remember how long it took.

This is a series of beaded cabochons I made. I fell in love with a bunch of dichroic cabs at my not-so-local bead store and had to make something out of them. These pictures really do no justice to the colors, especially of the pink and blue cabs. The purple-ish set was actually a gift to my mom because, well, she just never gave it back she liked it so much.

I don't like this much, but it was fun to make. I used peyote and 4 hours of when I should have been doing homework to make this bracelet to fit over the hand without a clasp. It came out a lot live those silicone bracelets everyone wears nowadays. The strength bead came off an old broken bracelet.

Hey, it's not seed beads! This is pretty cool, considering I'm not much a fan of blue. It makes the most awesome jingly sound I've ever heard! It took just about forever to make all the little charms and attach them.

I made this with right angle weave out of rhyolite ships and embellished it with freshwater years and a pewter Tree of Life charm. The clasp is sterling plated. One of my favorite necklaces.

I made this in a class that taught the basic spiral stitch with accent beads. I used black Toho seed beads and 4mm chrysocolla rounds. I think the clasp is pewter. I love this bracelet, it took 2.5 hours.

This is the only good picture I have of this necklace right now. I'm not sure what the stone focal thing is, but I fell in love with it. I also have a brownish one somewhere waiting to be made into something. The faceted stones are smoky quartz with 11/0 Toho seed beads and 15/0 Rocailles. It had a square sterling plated clasp, but the male end of the toggle wasn't big enough so I need to find a better clasp.

These are my best projects that had pictures readily available. They're all pretty old because I haven't had time to make anything with 3 AP classes this school year. I hope you enjoyed looking at my stuff! Cheesy
« Last Edit: March 26, 2008 01:09:29 PM by batgirl - Reason: to comply with Craftster rules » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want to leave this world like I came into it: screaming and covered in somebody else's blood.
pharmgirl
Handmaker of all things!

I like makin' stuff. :)

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008 09:59:00 PM »

What talent!!!  These are extraordinary.  I do a small amount of beadweaving/beadwork and it takes a long time to do "simple pieces," so I know you have put a lot of time and work into your pieces.  BRILLIANT!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!
Minicorgi

corgicorgicorgicorgicorgicorgicorgi

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008 10:28:47 PM »

Gorgeous!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flowers and Lemons
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008 11:13:13 PM »

Wow those are beautifull!  Shocked
I love the pendant in the upper one and the silverish pendant with the tree in it. Cheesy It is a tree, right? Too bad they don't sell those in my country. Really, I've been making jewelery for 2 years now, or maybe 3, and I know allmost every bead and pendant available in my country. Everybody uses the same..  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Leah_Danielle
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2008 08:26:56 AM »

gorgeous gorgeous georgeous!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Do what you love. Fuck everything else. -Little Miss Sunshine

We accept the love we think we deserve -The Perks of Being a Wallflower
doxiemommy
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2008 02:56:26 PM »

I love the tree of life one and the bracelet!! I want them both *cries* they are soooo pretty!Great job and keep it up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Etsy-  http://www.Astroma.etsy.com
Wist-  http://www.wists.com/doxiemommy
SALE IN MY SHOP AND IF YOU CONVO ME WITH THIS CODE I'LL GIVE YOU FREE SHIPPING
ship2acrafster

I'm a big loser 45lbs and counting!
beadgirly
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008 03:38:17 PM »

I love seed beads!  They are my favorite to work with.  It take a tremendous amount of time.  These are beautiful.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Beadgirly
runnermom100863

Sew like there's no tomorrow.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2008 08:18:28 PM »

What gorgeous pieces!  Your work is superb!  I love the green tree of life necklace and the black and green bracelet.  I wish I knew how to do the bead weaving!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I miss my doggy~Apollo~He'll forever be in my heart

my etsy shop ~ www.lillaka.etsy.com
KiSKi
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008 07:27:50 AM »

Your work is beautiful, woww, such talent from someone so young!! can't wait to see more from you!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ceep
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008 07:43:53 AM »

Have to chime in on the compliments.  Love your designs and it looks like your workmanship is of high quality.  You would not know that you have been doing this for only 3 years and you're still a teen.  Don't price your stuff too low, it really is good. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Scrapbooks with Leeza Gibbons
Martha Stewart Makes Candlesticks with Josh Duhamel
How to Create Monster Salt Crystals
How to Make Homemade Snow Globes
Snow Day Crafts for Kids
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...