A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
620 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Magic Yarn Ball Round 7 Gallery  (Read 18934 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

endlessly_intricate
« Reply #110 on: February 01, 2008 10:14:44 AM »

I received my yarn ball from Prickly Venus earlier this week.

the ball:

There were two skeins of yarn winded together.  I LOVE that color of blue so much!

I really like the awesome (and very much needed) felted crochet hook holder.

Thank you so much Prickly Venus!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #111 on: February 01, 2008 10:39:36 AM »

I received from DropdeadSuzie some time back, so here's the only two pics i could snap before my camera battery died Tongue.
Ball all wrapped up:

all the wonderful goodies:

okay, we got: the pattern was for a cutey-putey elephant amigurmi, and she even included the other yarn colors, AND the eyes!! okay, um...all the candy you see in the picture, yeah, those are empty boxes, cause they didnt make it far Cheesy. 2 japanese candies, choc wafers, hot choc mix, a crocheted cupcake, a elephant stuffie( i love elephants- his ears are flappy and he is so well stuffed and stitched!!) ice cream and penguin erasers, "zombie/stitches" heart pendant ( i love it!) a tiny composition notebook is enclosed in that brown cover!! so cute!! its with me now Cheesy a pack of purple heart foam sponges, OH!!!! crap! not pictured is THE cutest pair of berry earrings ( i wore them the next day) gosh, they are cute!!

it was tortore unwrapping it cause i wanted to just yank it all out so i could see Grin. this was a great swap!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

superhooker
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

like a crack whore, except with yarn

perfectly pleasing...in a dirty sort of way

View Profile WWW
« Reply #112 on: February 01, 2008 10:54:04 AM »

DropDeadSuzie always sends the best candy!  she sent me chocolate "coal" for christmas!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Step off, I'm doin the hump.
MEshelltakeone
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2008 11:01:03 AM »

yes!! the rice paper candy had an edible wrapper!! sooo cool!! and i didnt see much of the gummy band aids cause the boy ate them while i was fascinated with the japanese candy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2008 03:39:46 PM »

Get prepared to be jealous!!

So I told CrochetAdikt that I wanted to make a Harry Potter scarf, but she could send me one skein, and I would provide the rest - but she is an amazing partner and sent me all the yarn for it!!

Seriously, the yarn ball is bigger than my head!  I can't wait to find out what it inside of it - I had to hide it in my closet so that I wouldn't look at it and the urge to just unravel it all is sooo big right now!  I promised myself I would knit it out, but I have a huge grad school interview on Monday that I need to prepare for, so I had to hide it until the interview is over.

Thank you soooo much CrochetAdikt!  I will definatly be posting pictures of things as they fall out of my magic yarn ball!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

aeronberry

mmm...fishy kisses....

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2008 04:53:43 PM »

This was so much fun!  Sorry it's taken me forever to post pics, but here's the awesome MYB I got from SevsOnlyGirl:

(no pre-unwrapping pics, since I'm not very patient  Wink)

Everything together:  Lion Brand Chunky yarn in a really pretty shade of green, a pattern for a crocheted purse, a crochet hook holder (that I really needed!), a button necklace, various notions, Asian snacks, Chinese symbol patches, Chinese-themed buttons (so cute!), Asian-ish stitch markers, handmade soap and chapsticks (the cherry one smells so good!), a crocheted washcloth, a purse handle to go with the pattern, and some earring wires

here's a closeup of some of the small stuff:

THANKS AGAIN!  Everything's great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

edafedd - amigurumi patterns!
norea - jewelry, handbags, etc!
shop the swap!
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2008 10:48:57 PM »

so after being couped up all week with a cold, i finally decided i needed to get out today, so i went to pay my rent and by chance glanced down at the boxes sitting in the office and there was mine! and because i'm crazy, i like to go visit my insurance lady who i've become good friends with and she crochets so she's one of the only ones who understands my obsession lol. so i headed over there to unwrap my yarn ball w/ her b/c i just couldn't wait! the yarn color was AWESOME! a beautiful bright teal! and i got some really pretty stitch markers (one which my daughter put in her mouth and i couldn't find it for the longest time!!!), fake tattoos, and two headbands, some bubbles for my little girl Smiley, some mardi gras beads (and i didn't even have ta show my boobs!, wait a second...how did YOU get the beads kitty1256!?! lol), reg. skittles and a new choc. kind, starbursts, couple packs of hot chocolate, a really kewl lip gloss thats vanilla pepsi flavored in the shape of a two liter, a cute pouch, a really kewl pouch made out of two zippers (btw, can i get a tute for that??) a crocheted dishcloth, some crocheted flowers which i think i'm going to put on a tank top i crochet for my daughter, some pencil topper erasers, 2 headbands (oops i said that already!), one pink and one grey, i wore the grey one all night already Smiley, 3 button cards, and a crocheted amanita muscaria mushroom Smiley thank you so much! and don't worry, i'll be posting pics tomorrow! its too dark here to take pics. i can't wait to start crocheting my fingerless gloves Smiley
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008 11:29:54 PM by CrochetAdikt » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kitty1256
« Reply #117 on: February 01, 2008 11:20:37 PM »

hehe....i got the beads from a Little Visitor swap, when my troll Magenta went to Louisiana - you'll have to ask her how she got the beads.  =)

I started knitting today because - well - I couldn't resist finding out what was inside of my huge yarn ball!  And the first thing that fell out was this amazing pink tote bag with a guitar stenciled on it!!  I love it sooo much and I'm totally using it this weekend when I go to Chicago!!

Here's an action shot:

And a better shot of the bag:

There are so many goodies peaking out already, and I just want to stay up all night knitting, but feel like I should get some sleep.  Hehe.

Am I the only one not unraveling the MYB, btw?  There has to be someone else who is going to stay strong and resist the urge with me!!   Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

chibilightangel
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2008 09:05:15 AM »

I'm knitting mine out so far.. I've gotten the first 10 rows of my hat finished and still no goodies have fallen out so I have to stay patient.

Was getting really annoyed with knitting last night because I kept dropping stitches and then had to pull out 3 rounds because of a dropped stitch I missed that was going to mess with the cable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
CrochetAdikt

splish splash i was takin a bath

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 02, 2008 10:39:25 AM »

i could roll mine all up again if you want and pretend like i didn't cheat  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Improved Chili Recipe
How to Make Crab Cakes with Grapefruit Aioli
How to make Southern Breakfast
How to make Lima Beans
How to make Fried Squash and Zucchini
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...