A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,088
Currently Running With Scissors:
492 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: i <3 to Sew! Swap SIGNUP UNTIL 1/28 ; (MAIL BY 2/13/08).  (Read 13498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Charfish
Ever have a 24 hour hangover and feel like you just got off the tilt-a-whirl? Welcome to Pregnancy!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2008 04:11:11 AM »

Yeah!  I'm in! Smiley

I also keep my fabric in rubbermaid bins - mostly they are in categories of UFOs (unfinished objects) - one of my New Years Resolutions is to finish my UFOs or purge them - and who wants to purge? Smiley  We have way too many rubbermaids in this house - mostly of my craft stuff, baby clothes, baby toys and baseball cards (not mine - Hubby's).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2008 04:14:03 AM »

I sent in my info - and filled up my last swap spot with this one...
I see my name on page 1 so I guess it is safe to say I made the cut Wink

I can't wait to see who my partner is and what tastes they have so that I can rummage in my closet - my fabric used to be stored nice and neatly, divided first by washed or unwashed and then by fabric type and then by color... but now it is a nightmare. I am using this swap to take every bit of fabric out of my closet and refold, wrapping it around comic book boards so that everything is the same size and put it all back in there... yeah right! With my luck my partner will have the same exact recent tastes as me and the fabric I need will be on the floor, behind the embroidery machine stand!

crafty_dame - can't wait to see these patterns you have designed up!  Okay, not that I am saying that I would be paired up with you since I can not predict the future with any accuracy at all - just in general!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2008 04:27:16 AM »

mostly tops - a couple different hoodie designs, a few different tees, a dress, footless tights, that sort of thing. i like them! i haven't really posted them on here - i always make stuff for swaps and then forget to post by the time the person receives! i have a few of them on my blog, but i've even been bad about posting them there.

my fabric is in the process of being organized into rubbermaid bins. there honestly isn't any other solution! if all i had was cottons, the cardboard would work, but i have way too much jersey and fashion fabrics that wouldn't fold and display nicely. i've tried hanging it in my closet, i've tried folding it on built in shelves in my old closet - i just have too much! i've had my quilting cottons in two giant rubbermaids for years, and that's worked, so i'm putting everything else in tubs too. my plan is to organize by vintage (i have way too much vintage fabric and linens!), jersey knits, fashion fabrics, specialty fabrics and cottons.

my vinyl is the only one i'm gungho about, regardless of how messy my studio is, it's all stored on rolls to protect it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
edelC
Tutorial Contributor

find love everywhere

« Reply #33 on: January 23, 2008 08:56:37 AM »

another person from Europe here, Ireland this time, but to be honest I love swapping with people from the US and Canada, sure its expensive, but its interesting as the types of stuff you get are so different to what we have over here. And its so exciting to get stuff from all over the world.

OK I'll admit it I am a complete swap and fabric addict. My storage? A combination of wire drawer shelving units (from IKEA) they are great for fat quarters as you can see what is in them without having to dig everything out. Large lengths are in cupboards, shorter lengths in bins, sorted by colour as I tend to look for specific colours rather than fabric types. Scraps in an overflowing box under the sewing machine table. I have a LOT of fabric. (sounds very organised doesn't it, in truth it isn't, it is all over the place as it somehow never stays where it is supposed to be)

Looking forward to this swap!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfrenia

Yeah, that's me & isaac hanson.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2008 09:19:47 AM »

It kind of makes me feel better that no one else is organized either!  All my fabric used to be in rubbermaid bins, but now I just keep my batting & interfacing in one. I bought this table from IKEA where you could select what ends you wanted for the legs, and I have this little cubby thing, which is WAY too small and overflowing.  Anything that's a fat quarter or under is in a box on a shelf.

I can't wait for the fabric part of this swap Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy for bags & accessories:
http://www.stitchedcreations.etsy.com/
Jen Sews

Formerly known as lukenlarry

« Reply #35 on: January 23, 2008 12:07:35 PM »

I just signed up!  I am excited about this swap and I also love love new fabrics!!  I hope my partner will like animals and wall hangings.  I want to try a new project from this book

http://www.amazon.com/Quilters-Ark-Designs-Foundation-Piecing/dp/1564771970/ref=pd_sim_b_title_3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

emisaurus

« Reply #36 on: January 23, 2008 01:10:16 PM »

It kind of makes me feel better that no one else is organized either!  All my fabric used to be in rubbermaid bins, but now I just keep my batting & interfacing in one. I bought this table from IKEA where you could select what ends you wanted for the legs, and I have this little cubby thing, which is WAY too small and overflowing.  Anything that's a fat quarter or under is in a box on a shelf.

my organizing of fabric goes as far as:
cotton fabric in one box
flannel in another box
and any licenced character print in the bottom drawer of my sewing table.
haa haa
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfrenia

Yeah, that's me & isaac hanson.

« Reply #37 on: January 23, 2008 01:36:48 PM »

Just wanted to let you all know that 2 days ago I started the "Swap a yard of fabric" swap, and the link is here
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=221971.msg2394006#msg2394006

I might have to cancel it because in two days only two people have signed up, but I'd love to keep it going, so everyone that needs to purge their stash, SIGN UP!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit my etsy for bags & accessories:
http://www.stitchedcreations.etsy.com/
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2008 01:58:07 PM »

I would love to join that swap but I am maxxed out on swap slots... you took my last one already! Shocked

I think it will start to kick in after a bit - don't get discouraged!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
littlehajerika
« Reply #39 on: January 23, 2008 02:00:03 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=221971.msg2394006#msg2394006

I might have to cancel it because in two days only two people have signed up, but I'd love to keep it going, so everyone that needs to purge their stash, SIGN UP!  Grin

Yes! Please sign up everyone so it isn't cancelled. I know that getting random fabric could be more fun, but this is another great way to get new stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Clafouti
Apple Crisp Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
Easy Pear Tart Recipe
Caramel Bread Pudding Recipe
How to Make Instagram-Themed Cupcakes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...