A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,859
Currently Running With Scissors:
831 Guests and 40 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANY sock KAL anyone?  (Read 5138 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunatic84
« Reply #40 on: March 06, 2008 06:14:18 PM »

I think I am going to cast on 2 different pairs of socks tomorrow on the drive to my parent's house.  I'm making socks and/or mittens for everyone for Easter this year, so I better get going, 3 more pairs to go lol.  I think I am going to modify the Patons Kroy Jaquard and Stripes socks into short socks for my mom and Briggs and Little heavy socks for my Dad...not sure what to make my boyfriend though!  Any ideas?  He hates thick socks lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2008 08:29:23 AM »

well I've finished the first sock in a pair of ankle socks.  I'm making this one up as I go, so I wanted to be sure this would work b-4 commiting to 2 socks! LOL  I'll post pics when the 2nd one is done since I decided I like the 1st one enough to make a 2nd.  the 2nd one is almost 1/2 way through the toe so far.  how are everyone else's socks comming?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainiable
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2008 08:43:52 AM »

well, I've finished everything except the kitchener stitch for the toes, and it looks like that has to wait until I go home to my needles next week.
Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #43 on: March 25, 2008 10:29:04 AM »

ok, I finished my socks!  they're so cozy feeling. and they turned out just right for me I think.  There's a picture on my blog here:
http://michellesdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/03/socks.html
(sorry I thought I loaded the pics on photobucket, but I didn't so I can't get to them from this computer)

they're the last ones on that post.  the green ones. enjoy!

how are everyone else's socks comming?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colorlessblue
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2008 01:39:20 PM »

ooops, i forgot to check! mooshiem i cast on the monkeys right after i wrote here, but seeing as i was unexcited about it, i didn't comment. and i thought i'd be over the first one fast, and would post one complete sock already, but i got distracted with other knits and just let it over my bed... the pattern is great, of course, my lack of enthusiasm comes from the fact that i used it for a cell phone cozy already, so it's no challenge for me... and the yarn is the same that i used for pomatomus. (i didnt know how much i'd need and bought 2 balls. turns out one ball is enough for one pair, with a little bit of leftovers).
so right now i'm a little past the gusset.
i love everybody else's socks, though! and i have a baudelaire on queue, because i wanted to try alpaca yarn, no matter everybody in the world telling me it is too warm for the tropics, so i ordered a ball to make black alpaca baudelaires for my friend who lives in an alpaca farm in usa! and, because i'm stubborn as a donkey, i ordered a pink ball too, to make _something_ for myself. probably hedera.
heh. and that's because i don't like knitting socks...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
mooshie
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2008 08:40:22 PM »

well, I'm working on another pair of socks, but I've stalled on them for a while.  I thought maybe checking up with others might help motivate me to finish these socks.  they're the Chevrolace socks from knitty.com, here's a link to the pattern:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEwinter07/PATTchevrolace.html
but I don't have the right yarn and needles for the pattern, so I changed the stitch number on the pattern to fit my feet with the yarn/needles I do have.  So my socks don't look exactly like the pattern, but I still like how they're comming along.  I need to get these done too, because I have 2 skeins of hand dyed yarn that I want to work with!  but I need my needle from these socks to knit the others! LOL 

so who else is working on socks that needs encouragement?  please join me! Smiley
thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best and Worst Beauty Trends of 2013
How To: A Punk Hairstyle You Can Easily Rock
Nicole Scherzinger Makeup Look Tutorial
8 Fashion Mistakes That Instantly Age You
January 2014 NewBeauty TestTube Reveal
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...