A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,508
Currently Running With Scissors:
448 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANY sock KAL anyone?  (Read 5501 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Lunatic84
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2008 05:32:07 PM »

Ok, I finally have found my cord!  Here is my very first sock!

love to hear your comments about it...working on the second one now Cheesy
« Last Edit: February 24, 2008 05:33:30 PM by Lunatic84 - Reason: better pics » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008 11:20:10 AM »

lunatic84,
those look great! I love the colors.  I actually want to make some simmilar socks.  how long did that first sock take you? it seems that short socks would go quite fast Smiley

*sigh* I still haven't blocked my socks, but I like to cheat so I don't think I'll block them hehe.  so I'll just post pics of my socks when I can get them in the same room with the camera. 

and, I have another pair that I whipped up to post too!  they're baby socks, so they went really fast, but they're still socks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunatic84
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008 02:40:30 PM »

My first sock took about a week working on it most of the day Saturday, most of Sunday and on 3 of my lunch breaks at work.  It was my first time working with yarn that small though ( I crochet, and never have worked with anything that small Tongue).  The pattern was so great, very easy to understand.  I found it worked up quite quick for my first sock.  I started the other one yesterday and only got to work on it in the car on the way home from my parent's last night (almost 2 hours) and I am already working on the decrease to begin the foot.  I'm a little upset that the stripes aren't exactly the same way as the other sock...I even cut about 4 feet so that I would be starting with the same amount of the starting colour.  On the plus side...I still have quite a bit of the skein of Paton's that I started with!
I can't remember if I posted the pattern or not, but here it is just in case:
http://fpea.blogspot.com/2007/04/free-pattern-friday-footies.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lunatic84
« Reply #33 on: February 29, 2008 08:15:47 PM »

Woo Hoo!!  I just (literally just cut the yarn and weaved in the ends) my first pair of socks!!!  I'll post pics as soon as I can!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tygra
« Reply #34 on: February 29, 2008 10:04:31 PM »

ok, so i am *FINALLY* posting some pix of my socks in progress.....

here's the way the first one started:

and here's how it turned out:

i'm very happy with that first sock! it fits like a ~*dream*~ and the colours are really pretty.

however........as previously mentioned the whole row after row after ROW of plain knitting made me go a little batty and subsequently abandon the second sock.

but i've dragged it back out again and i vow to finish it by the end of march.
i've placed it in a spot near the television so that i can see it every time i sit down and it will taunt and shame me into working on it while watching stuff.
hopefully this strategy works, lol.

here's what i have so far on the second one...

i'm using fleece artist "best merino sock" yarn.
it's delicious to work with.
and i'm using the pattern on the back of the label, which is a great first pattern.
i've shortened the ribbed cuff as you can see, but everything else follows the pattern as written.

how is everyone else doing?

Lunatic84 - your sock looks great! i can't wait to see how the second one turns out for you Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

übercherry goodies make you feel übercheery inside!
http://ubercherry.com
http://ubercherry.blogspot.com
Lunatic84
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2008 12:39:27 PM »

I love the colours of your socks tygra!!!

Here are the pics of mine:

THIS ROCKS   Logged
colorlessblue
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008 03:43:28 PM »

i just finished my first pair. i started it before i saw this KAL, and i'll post about tomorrow, when i have good pics, but i'll join the KAL with some jaywalkers monkeys that, i foresee, will take too long to finish.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008 04:18:52 AM by colorlessblue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I'd rather be a climbing ape than a falling angel."
Terry Pratchett
http://colorlessblue.blogspot.com/
mooshie
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008 02:34:37 PM »

ok, sorry this took so long.  I haven't loaded pics from my camera in 2 months eek!  but here are my first socks.
pattern: baudelaire from knitty: http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTbaudelaire.html
yarn: essential sock yarn from KP in burgundy. 2 skeins w/ some left.
alterations.  I didn't make them as long as the pattern, and they're a little looser than I wanted.  but I love them

and here's a pair I knit for one of the twins.  I don't know the yarn real well, it was acrylic, and actually more of a DK weight than fingering weight, and I made up the pattern as I went, maybe I'll post it sometime if someone is interrested.
here's toddler socks:
I don't have an action shot. they still won't keep socks on their feet long enough to get a picture.

I've already started on another pair for me.  I'm making this one up as I go too, and I'm a little past the toe.  they'll either be short socks, or ankle socks.  I'll post pics of them hopefully soon

tygra, I love your sock.  can't wait to see the other one. 

Lunatic84, your socks are so cute. they're actually what inspired me to make my short socks. what's up next for socks for you?  you're a pro!

colorlessblue, I'd love to see your monkeys.  let us know when you cast on Smiley

toodles for now
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rainiable
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2008 09:31:05 PM »

mooshie, your socks are lovely! That baudelaire pattern looks difficult.

I think I might have time this weekend to make socks! (They're my favorite things to knit, but I haven't in ages!) I'm going away for the weekend and I can't bring my sewing machine, so I've gotten my yarn and DPNs all ready... I can't wait! I hope I haven't forgotten the basics Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2008 10:28:43 AM »

can't wait to see what you get done this weekend!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Play Dough for Kids
How to Make a Beach Sand Photo Mat
How to Create a Pig Puppet
How to Create Your Own Dragon Puppet
How to Make a Shadow Puppet
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...