A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 296,680
Currently Running With Scissors:
453 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANY sock KAL anyone?  (Read 5412 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mooshie
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2008 06:57:30 PM »

my sock yarn arrived today! Smiley so I'll be starting my socks shortly! Smiley 

how are everyone else's socks coming?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

greenapples

I have a knitting obsessed baby boy!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: February 02, 2008 06:19:37 PM »

I'm in! I'm currently on my 4th and 5th pair of socks for '08 (3 pairs of finished plain stockinette socks - one pair each for hubby, DD and a pair for myself).

My two pairs in progress are a pair of Monkeys (one repeat and toe left to knit on first sock) and a pair of Jaywalkers (half way done the leg). I'm hoping to have the whole pair of Monkeys finished by the end of next weekend Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like something I've made? I'm always up for personal swaps - just send me a PM!
mooshie
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2008 02:21:57 PM »

wow! that's a lot of socks! I've gotten about 1/2 way done with my firtst toe so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tygra
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2008 07:43:04 PM »

i'm in! Smiley

i'm actually on the second sock of my first pair ever!
i'll try to take pictures later this week of the first sock and my progress on the second.
i must warn you though, they are very boring and plain.
i'm already vowing to never make such a boring stockinette leg AND instep ever again!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

übercherry goodies make you feel übercheery inside!
http://ubercherry.com
http://ubercherry.blogspot.com
mooshie
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2008 01:02:14 PM »

so far I have gotten my socks both onto one long circ, and am knitting them both at once using Magic Loop.  I'm just about to start the heel.  how are everyone else's socks comming?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008 12:29:03 PM »

I'm finally working on the heel of my socks.  I didn't knit all weekend.  but they're getting there.  how's everyone else's comming?  any pics yet? I can't wait to wear mine.  I'm hoping to wear them out on valentines day.  I'd better hurry huh?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2008 08:25:20 PM »

I finished my socks tonight! even have them on my feet right now. but I can't take pics until my camera's dead battery is done charging.  they turned out pretty good for a first pair I think,  I haven't blocked them yet, and I did get a little "laddering" from using the circular needle.  I think I should've used a longer one.  but since they're lacey socks it doesn't seem to matter too much. Smiley  I'm happy with them.  I'll post pics when my camera is operational again. Smiley
how are everyone else's socks coming?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milwjamie
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2008 07:30:27 AM »

Hey! Finally stopping back in.. Yeah I got 2nd sock syndrome... but was helping my fiance's mom cast on/work on a toe last night for the same socks I am making, so it has made me (finally!) want to finish sock 2! So I think that is my project for this morning Smiley
Glad to see everyone's socks going well, and that mooshie's sock yarn finally arrived!! YAY!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lunatic84
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008 06:50:36 AM »

Hey all!  I think I am going to join my first KAL!  I just learned to knit a few weeks ago, and I just finished my first sock! Yay!  I decided to start small with f.pea's footies ( http://fpea.blogspot.com/2007/04/free-pattern-friday-footies.html ).  I'm using Paton's Kroy in tutti fruitti jaquard and it looks great!!!  I just finished weaving in the ends and I am about to cast on for the second sock...I've been warned that if you don't cast on right away you never will!  I will post a pic as soon as I find the cable for my camera....I think I may have to clean to find it  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amdm
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008 08:32:53 AM »

I am so impressed by your knitting skills. Although I have been knitting for decades, I have never learned to knit in the round, nor can I do grafting. BUT I love knitted socks, so I make the cheater's version - knitted on 2 needles, with the toes cast off and sewn together. I know that the circular, grafted versions would be much sleeker and more elegant, but I still love my socks.
        I am waiting eagerly to see  photos of more socks.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Seasoning A New Carbon Steel Wok - Chinese cooking
Prepare an Onion in Chinese cooking - Part 2
Prepare an Onion in Chinese cooking - Part 1
Prepare Broccoli for Chinese food
Prepare Bok Choy for Chinese food
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...