A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 302,794
Currently Running With Scissors:
729 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANY sock KAL anyone?  (Read 5394 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mooshie
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008 09:42:25 AM »

well, DH's fuzzy feet are finished, and they fit! that's a big plus because I felted them while he was at work.  I will post a pic, but I want to get one with them on his feet I think.  I'll post that as soon as I can get one, he's not here right now. 

and I hope to be casting on for my "real" socks by next week! 

happy knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008 01:45:18 PM »

two little monkeys covering my toes:

I used Maizy yarn - which is made primarily of corn.  How bizzare!   The yarn was splitty & a little difficult to work with - but I *can* put it in the washer/dryer - which earns it bonus points. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008 06:48:45 PM »

flaky,
those look great!! they're cuter on your feet IMHO.  good job!  where'd you find your yarn, that corn thing sounds cool!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2008 05:15:57 AM »

Thank you!!!   Maizy made by Crystal Palace & was just at my LYS.  I thought it was relatively inexpensive for sock yarn - I think it was about $6 per skein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
milwjamie
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2008 10:35:13 AM »

Hey! I'd love to join too!
Was actually looking to see if anyone else was making the fishnet knee highs from Lingerie Style Knitting (my current fave knitting book).
I started sock #1 two days ago. It is the farthest I have gotten on making any sort of sock!!

I found someone else's FO on a blog here:
http://sewnice.blogspot.com/2007/09/fishnet-knee-highs-knitting-lingerie.html
Heck, they might be here on craftster, I am not sure though! If they are I hope they don't mind me posting this link.

The pair I am working on are basic black, knitted in Eden's 100% bamboo. The yarn is super nice feeling but it does have a tendency to split. And lucky for me (not) I will probably have to make a trip to the yarn shop as I think 3 balls won't be enough to finish these up.
I'll try to post a pic when the first one is done!! Hopefully it will be tonight or tomorrow  Grin  I am such a nerd because I want to finish them before we go see Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow in Chicago next week!
Can't wait to see how your socks are going  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2008 08:43:55 AM »

those look like cool socks! happy to have you join us Smiley  I"ll be casting on for my socks as soon as my yarn arrives.  I decided to order something rather than use what I currently have.  hehe  oh pics of fuzzy feet are on their way.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

milwjamie
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008 08:23:00 PM »

Well I finished sock #1 on Sunday, so that rocks!! But now on to sock #2...ugh! Will post photo when I get a chance!! How are everyone else's socks doing??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008 08:51:11 PM »

my yarn still hasn't arrived.  BUT I've got pics of fuzzy feet, I just can't load them on this computer.  I'm hoping to see some yarn tomorrow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

redwitch
« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008 08:11:06 PM »

Finished one Pom last night, have not cast off because I want to do a few extra rows on the ribbing if I can, but won't know whether I have enough until I finish the other one. It's tight but I like my socks tight... but it's really tight! Hopefully a wash will fix that. Anyone have a suggestion for casting off in twisted single ribbing? I am thinking about twisting every knit stitch and then doing a normal tubular castoff?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2008 12:27:35 PM »

I finally got that pic onto my computer! so here's DH's fuzzy feet.  pay no attention to the holes on the side.  DH's feet are huge! so I think the slippers streatched out a little bit when he put them on, and this yarn felts beautifully, but I was using really big needles for this yarn. so I think the combination of it all made the holes appear.  there aren't any on the other 2 pair  I made, but they're smaller.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Chicken and Noodle Casserole Recipe
Crusty Grilled Rueben Sandwich Recipe
Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
Sizzling Grilled Beef Strip Steak Recipe
Super Southern Creamy Corn Pudding Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...