A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
344 Guests and 10 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ANY sock KAL anyone?  (Read 5502 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mooshie
« on: January 17, 2008 09:26:40 AM »

I have a pair of fuzzy feet that I need to make for DH, these are basically just very large socks that are then felted, so I count them as socks.  then I want to knit some real socks.  I've died half my yarn for them, today I plan to dye the rest of it.  I have even picked out my patern:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEsummer06/PATTbaudelaire.html

aren't they pretty!? 

so, as soon as I finish these fuzzy feet, and dye my yarn I'll be casting on for these. I'll also be knitting these 2 at a time in order to avoid 2nd sock syndrome.

anyone else want to join me with whatever socks you'll be making?  I thought it'd be fun to share our socks!   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008 03:41:30 PM »

I LOOOOVE socks - yay. 

I am making a pair of monkeys right now so I'll use those as my KAL if thats ok. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008 03:51:41 PM »

wow! you're way ahead of me! lol

that looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

mooshie
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2008 10:23:38 AM »

ok, I'm casting on for DH's slippers today, I decided that they really ARE socks, so I'm just gonna start this KAL with those, and do my socks after the slippers are done.  anyone want to join me?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrochetNinja
Meow

My ravelry username is CitrusFruits!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2008 01:09:43 PM »

I am having second sock syndrome with this pattern:
http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall07/PATTbacktobasics.html
I am hope to get it done before the winter is over, lol!   Grin  I can't wait to see what your fuzzy feet look like.  What yarn are you using?  Speaking of which, I'm using skacel trampoline sock yarn (That might be close to that actual name.... or not), and it is in tigery colors.  I should probably post a picture of the first one soon......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wist
My  Ravlery username is Citrus fruits!
"Anywhere is walking distance if you have the time"
-Steven Wright
redwitch
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2008 11:32:22 PM »

Great idea! I am most of the way through my first Pomatomus sock, going slow because I am distracted by knitting a present for someone. Doing one toe-up, one top-down so the scales are symmetrical... toe-up one first so I can use up all/most of the wool instead of having leftover bits. Hand-dyed by moi. Greenish. I am loving these already... hope the second one goes faster, the twisted ribbing is a bit awkward even though I knit Continental. Pictures on the weekend maybe...

Love the Monkeys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
flaky

A fundamentally amoral use of faux fur.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2008 05:14:53 AM »

such a smartie, redwitch!  I never would have thought to knit one toe-up & the other cuff down for the pomatomus socks!   I want to try those soon & will keep that little trick in mind.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2008 08:28:23 AM »

redwitch, is there a pic of this pattern somewhere?  I'm confused as to why you'd want to do the socks that way, but if I saw a picture maybe I'd understand.  sounds really cool though. 

my slippers are nearing completion.  I may have them ready to be felted by today.  we'll have to see how it goes.  I have several inches on the instep, and then the toe decreases left to knit, but they're both on one circ, and it's very simple, so I'm hopeful.  I'll have to post pics soon Smiley

I'm glad you all have joined me in this.

here's a pic of these slippers on the needles 2 at a time. 
« Last Edit: January 22, 2008 11:51:02 AM by mooshie - Reason: add photo » THIS ROCKS   Logged

redwitch
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2008 08:36:52 PM »

Pomatomus from Knitty.com, way cute... you will see what I mean! If you want to do the similar heel flap, flaky, in the toe-up one (rather than subbing a short-row heel) let me know I will try to work out what I did and post it, it's a pretty good replica of the top-down one IMO.
Sarah

THIS ROCKS   Logged
mooshie
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008 07:31:28 AM »

OH! I get it now.  I would love to do these. could you post what you did when you have a chance?  I won't be making them immediately or anything, but I would love to do them some day!

oh and I'll be felting DH's fuzzy feet today! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Cook and Serve Lumpia
Make Sesame Chapati Bread Dough
How to Make Sesame Chapati Bread
Baking Sesame Chapati Bread
How to Make Chicken Adobo - Part 1
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...