A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 298,064
Currently Running With Scissors:
756 Guests and 32 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bigfoot?? Is it possible to live in the woods and still look good?  (Read 2476 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

lissaw70
Hi....my name is Lissa...........and I'm a craft junkie...........

Pretty please?! With sugar on top???.....<3

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008 01:18:25 PM »

Men can be such .......well.........you know............ Roll Eyes

I tend to wear a lot of over-sized tees an' stuff..........but it don't put my man off........... Grin ......he says he knows whats underneath........... Wink (It helps that he's a big guy too........ Grin)

I agree with the recons..........my suggestion would be to go through your closet..........I read somewhere that we only actually wear a rather small percentage of our wardrobes majority of the time.  The rest of it sits until special occasions or freak days when you're needing a change.  I would choose the items YOU like on you............and focus the recons similar to those items.  I know I have tons of clothes I've bought because I loved them in the store,  and got home and really don't care to wear........no matter how much in style they are.  Reconning the men's flannel's to a more girlie style would probably blow your dh's mind.......... Grin
(A halter-style for the summer gardening/4-wheeling possibly?........ Roll Eyes )

BTW...........my dh and I collect diecast cars.........and the '70's Plymouths were the coolest............. Grin
And I'm lovin' your Snotrod avatar!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mama was wrong..........idle hands lead to fantabulous projects!!
Verne
Verne'

faTshionista

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008 01:53:04 PM »

i just had to laff at that title. hehe.

what bout when you go out like on dates or whatever? you don't dress up for that? and just ignore those losers...more than likely they don't have anyone. dudes need to stop being so picky and childish!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008 01:59:29 PM by Verne » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Wildfyre
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008 09:32:20 AM »

I agree on the modifying what I have idea.. I just have a hard time finding a good tutorial or instructions. Most anything like that I find on here is geared towards tiny gals and it doesn't work quite right..

I was thinking about taking a picture of one of the shirts I usually wear and asking for advice on how to recon it. I can sew, but clothes are something I'm still not 100% confident on

BTW...........my dh and I collect diecast cars.........and the '70's Plymouths were the coolest............. Grin

Cool! My guy has thousands of diecast cars. I mostly just collect models of 60's and 70' Mopars for myself :-) I love Snotrod, I have a lil' diecast Snotrod that sits on my desk..

Speaking of 70's Plymouths.. my daily driver is a '71 Plymouth Fury 3  Grin It's awesome to meet another gal that  appreciates these cars  Smiley
what bout when you go out like on dates or whatever? you don't dress up for that?

Our "dates" are usually to junkyards or hiking out in the woods.  Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
lissaw70

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008 12:30:13 PM »

Cool! My guy has thousands of diecast cars. I mostly just collect models of 60's and 70' Mopars for myself :-) I love Snotrod, I have a lil' diecast Snotrod that sits on my desk..

Speaking of 70's Plymouths.. my daily driver is a '71 Plymouth Fury 3  Grin It's awesome to meet another gal that  appreciates these cars  Smiley
what bout when you go out like on dates or whatever? you don't dress up for that?

That's too cool.......... Grin
My dh and I started collecting diecast when we found out I was pregnant in 2003.............. (We both have grown children......... Shocked )
We wanted to collect all the cars from the year he was born......(2004) ......and it just snowballed from there...... Grin
Dh collects limiteds, rare and hard-to-find cars.........and me........I like the bikes.............. Grin
We visit a site online for collectors........ www.diecastaway.com .........y'all should come check it out.......my screen name there is likesbikes........... Wink ...........It's a cool site where collectors are able to "help" each other out with finding cars for their collections and such........... Smiley (Check out the RAOK section.........it's a blast!)
My son has ALL of the current Pixar car releases........in duplicate............ Roll Eyes (Some to open.....and a set to keep) .........thanks to many of the members there........... Smiley

And I'm just guessing ..........but from the sounds of your "dates" ..........you sound an awful lot like me.......... Grin
My family is just about as redneck as they come *we live in southeast Georgia*............. Roll Eyes ..........Since we're building a house........most of our "dates" lately have been to Home Depot and working on the house!........... Grin

I think finding/posting the clothes you have that you like..........and the ones you want to recon would be a great idea..........I'm sure the other folks on the site would have TONS of ideas............. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

batgirl
Global Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Part Librarian, Part Superhero

Stop Pinning, Start Making.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008 12:42:02 PM »

What about embellishing your "practical" clothes. You could buy plain tshirts with nice necklines (example: http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page?item=1270107&pagesize=3

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page?item=1430453&pagesize=3

http://lanebryant.charmingshoppes.com/pagebuilder/lane_bryant_product_page?item=1162478&pagesize=3)

and sew on appliques to make them more pretty & feminine without sacrificing practicality. You could make mens-style button downs a little more fitted and use pretty corduroy or microsuede.

Also remember, you aren't marrying your fiance's co workers. If you and your fiance like you as you are, that's all that matters! But makeovers are fun, and can make you feel great, so go for and enjoy it, but don't worry about those silly boys!  Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Just added lots of new items! Use coupon code "craftster" for 10% off! http://www.LilyLovesBernie.etsy.com
 50 Things
3littlechicks
Mom to minions

« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008 02:26:32 AM »

I agree on the modifying what I have idea.. I just have a hard time finding a good tutorial or instructions. Most anything like that I find on here is geared towards tiny gals and it doesn't work quite right..

I was thinking about taking a picture of one of the shirts I usually wear and asking for advice on how to recon it. I can sew, but clothes are something I'm still not 100% confident on

Ha ha!.....this totally sounds like my life too. You're not alone, girls! I like old GMC trucks though.... Grin.
It's really hard to think about how you look when you're hauling wood into the shed..I sometimes even *gasp* tuck my shirt into my pants! EEEEEEEEK! NOT attractive...usually my work clothes get wrecked fast, so I don't worry about them too much. I like dressing in "old time" styles, like little house on the prairie, if I'm looking for some femininity...
...of course for a night out it's different, but for just everyday, that's my usual style.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bluyedpoet
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008 02:34:30 PM »

First I want to say how rude those people.  I work in Geology so we get super dirty and rough and tumble digging for fossils and I am a curvy girl size 16.  My advice is wear comfy pants and keep the tops more feminine if your a size 22,  I am guessing that a nice V neck shirt will do wonders, just keep the V at a level you are comfy with. Go with cute feminine colors shirts and try to avoid the camo( I know how hard that can be)  With me and my D cups, I have something the size 2's dream of.  The tops that fit the breast then flare out look great.

I use my clothing to draw the eyes up and away from my hips.  A cute casual necklace (I make my own) and a pair of earrings added to any outfit.  Also there is nothing wrong with flannel, just try making a more girly colored shirt.  I still attend college and I can tell you in our Geology dept,  all the chicks wear girly flannels in pink purple and blue with jeans, usually unbuttoned with camisoles peaking out or v-neck t's.

Accentuate the Positive!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lissaw70

« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008 03:13:11 PM »

I just tell folks I'm not built like a 'vette........for speed.......... Smiley
I'm built like a diesel..............FOR THE LONG HAUL........... Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

punka
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2008 03:12:46 PM »

in our Geology dept,  all the chicks wear girly flannels in pink purple and blue with jeans, usually unbuttoned with camisoles peaking out or v-neck t's.

Ooh I like the camisole idea. My immediate thought was not very crafty but how about trying a belt over the shirt to give you more shape?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aliens_in_red
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2008 08:17:36 AM »

Hmmmm... I usually alter older clothes so I don't know anything about patterns, but here's my suggestion...

I never wear bras... just tanktops.  It's easier to move and work in.  Plain white ones work just fine (as long as you have something to dress them up).  Then, if you're still comfortable with button ups, you can alter one of your shirts to FIT your figure (giving you automatic girly-ness).  This is personal preference, but don't button your shirt all the way to the top.  If you're wearing that tanktop, button the shirt to the bottom of your breasts.  The shirt kind of 'pops' open at the breasts and I think it's really cute.  You can use plaid fabrics if you get dirty a lot... it will help cover the dirt a bit.

Anyway, I've heard a lot of suggestions that if you wear layers, it makes you look bigger than you are... but I'm already a size 22 myself... I ALREADY look big!  An extra half inch won't kill me.  Tighter layers on the bottom (that you'd feel comfortable moving around in), and a looser layer on top.  Remember for the top layer though... ALWAYS fit your features.  If you've got the curves, then show them off.  Pants that widen at the bottom really help too.

Curves=Girly
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Reunite Gondwanaland!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Crock Pot Turkey Breast and Gravy Recipe
Baked Macaroni and Cheese Recipe
Hearty Turkey Pot Pie from Leftovers Recipe
Garlic Cheddar Cheese Grits Recipe
Fantastic Tuna Melt Sandwich Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...