A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,551
Currently Running With Scissors:
315 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Chew Toy: Can it take my dog's wrath?  (Read 5464 times)
Tags for this thread: squirrel  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

catlee07
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2008 08:17:57 AM »

kongs are good! at my work we fill them with peanut butter or canned cheese and the dogs love them! Even though some dogs chew them, they've stood up to any dog that comes in! Even mastiffs!

ps-cute doggie!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

heatherxxll
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2008 10:24:03 AM »

Stuffing two Kong's, hiding them,

This is a great idea! I've never thought of hiding Bowie's Kong, or freezing the peanut butter like Jaeda suggested. I don't know what they make those things out of but he hasn't been able to dent that thing yet.

Throwing a few dog biscuits around randomly, turning on music for them (they like singers and standards, we left rock and roll on once and we came home to a real mess, they rocked out all day!).

This is a hilarious mental picture, I can soooo see 2 doggies going nuts while rock music plays! I leave the television on for Bowie, and he does seem to mellow out more when Animal Planet it is on as opposed to any other channel. And I'm very sorry about your couch, mine has only gotten into a couch CUSHION, and he only tore open a seam to get the stuffing out, so it is easily reparable. I definitely agree with you that they do these things because they're bored, and that it doesn't make them bad dogs.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sprinklez
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2008 09:05:19 AM »

I have to say your dog is beautiful!

I used to have a dog who chewed up things like crazy. We would buy big bags of stuffed animals at a thrift store for a quarter, or whatever. It's usually pretty cheap. We would also take old socks and tie a knot in them. The only problem is, she would occasionally tire of her own stuffed animals and go after mine, since it was all the same to her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MegaMan
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008 07:24:41 AM »

This is amazing! My German Shepherd loves squeaky toys but they always end up in a million pieces in the backyard. This seems like it'll last quite a while. I'm making one today.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
serenityfey
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008 08:09:58 PM »

I've noticed it's often the fabric that rips, not the stitching, so jeans are a good idea! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spikelvr44
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2008 03:35:06 PM »

great idea. i agree with blue_concubine, everything i've heard about keeping dogs buzy agrees with that. sencondy, i wouldn't recoment tennis balls, i've read the rubber lining contains lots of chemicals that are not good for your dog. they do make dog tennis balls but they cost more. good luck with the toys, hope it holds up!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murbeck
They call me a redneck, and I reckon that I am

"the chief enemy of creativity is good sense"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008 12:03:46 PM »

We always hit up the claw machines (DH is a claw machine whiz) and thrift stores for toys for our kids (aka the muts) but I might have to consider doing this with the tons of extra jeans that I was just about to take to good will!!!  And filling it with more jeans and scraps is so clever too because it's thicker and you still don't have to spend money on filler! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"You are ALWAYS smiling"
"That's because I'm happy"

Facebook
I'm Wistful
I'm pinteresting!

What good is warmth without cold to give it sweetness?
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2008 10:28:58 PM »

I usually go to the dollar store and get stuffed animals. My monsters can destroy anything. We had to take Kato to the vet one time and have a piece of Kong removed from his stomach where he ripped it apart. I like the idea of jeans-they are pretty sturdy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MissChelly
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008 12:51:19 AM »

Aw man- I hope it can take his playful wrath... I know how you feel. Roxy won't destroy other things, but she's always killing her toys.

Here's a playful dramatization: http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a157/drowningmermaid86/Pets/Roxy/mindofaserialstuffedanimalkiller.gif

For a maltese, she's got some crazy chompers! I've bought her a kong, but she doesn't seem to like those. Sad So if your toy works for your pup, then I know there's hope. haha. Hopefully you'll update us soon. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
QuixoticGirl

Im so in love it's disgusting.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2008 07:01:50 PM »

Ooh, geat idea!  I should try this.  My Golden/Shar-pei mix is the Master of Unstuffing things...sometimes she unstuffs her toys through such a tiny tear in the seam I have a hard time figuring out how she did it!  I have in the past, re-stuffed it and sewed the hole closed! saves money : ) 
Lately I have been making her enjoy the empty "carcass". Lol

I have pleanty of old jeans tho..: )
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Hide Your Under Eye Circles
Beauty Prep School: DIY Soft-Hand Scrub
The 7 Makeup Brushes Every Woman Needs
Beauty Test Lab: Nu Face Eye Lift
How to Apply Fake Eyelashes
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...