A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,696
Currently Running With Scissors:
574 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Gogol Bordello shirts!!!  (Read 2765 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Miss Cuddlefish

Keep your heels, head and standards high.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008 07:28:08 AM »

Gogol Bordello <333

Awesome job, verrrrry clean. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Scruffster

Scruff adds character

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008 07:18:48 AM »

Wow. will definately be making myself some of these! I didn't know about those stencil sites. Will be thieving many a stencil!

BTW, just to make you jealous.... bought my gogol bordello gig ticket yesterday... they play 2 days before christmas!

Also, would you not think about making stencils out of something more reusable than freezer paper? I know their not gonna be as sturdy/ reusable as a screen but you should get more than a 2 stencils at least! Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't think we have freezer paper in Ireland... well not that I can find anyway!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2008 05:39:40 PM »

Wow. will definately be making myself some of these! I didn't know about those stencil sites. Will be thieving many a stencil!

BTW, just to make you jealous.... bought my gogol bordello gig ticket yesterday... they play 2 days before christmas!

Also, would you not think about making stencils out of something more reusable than freezer paper? I know their not gonna be as sturdy/ reusable as a screen but you should get more than a 2 stencils at least! Maybe I'm just jealous because I don't think we have freezer paper in Ireland... well not that I can find anyway!

I'm going on to buy mine now... i saw they are playing in Ireland 5 days before Christmas (on my Borthday!!)  then NY 2 days after Christmas (hopefully i will be there!!!)

I used freezer paper because it was a new tecnique for me. i've made silkscreens in the past and this was a total instant-gratification kinda thing! I just sat there cutting my stencil while listening to GB and chatting with DH while he palyed around on the laptop. Then 20 min later i was painting it in. I got 2 shirts from one stencil and 1 from the other. It was fun but I won't do it too much. I did make DH a Tom Waites shirt for his bday last month using this technique.

have fun at your show, hopefully Eugene won't have jetlag when they get to NY Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scruffster

Scruff adds character

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2008 02:07:37 AM »

Ah, rechecked my ticket and it is indeed 5 days before xmas! Kick ass seeing them on your birthday! Have fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkasapeach
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008 04:08:08 PM »

ooh sick, I love them
Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cozyjosy
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2008 01:10:15 PM »

oh yay!! i always have to  Grin Grin Grin when i hear them..
and nice prints!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
artsyPEACEFROG
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2008 09:50:56 PM »

i love these!!!
i saw them in concert Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
curli

bringin' crafty back

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2008 05:40:40 AM »

Very cool! That band is beyond cool, as are your stencils.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

^_^
enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2008 12:09:21 PM »

thanks all, i listen to them All The Time lol and and happy to have tix to finally see them!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

enchantedwhimsies
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008 02:11:53 PM »

Ah, rechecked my ticket and it is indeed 5 days before xmas! Kick ass seeing them on your birthday! Have fun!

hey, how was the show? were they wearing like teddy bear heads or something? What was that about? I was entertaining a house-full of relatives for my birthday on the 20th but thinking of that show lol and I just saw a clip on youtube. I'm still excited/exhausted from the show last night in NYC. I posted some pix http://www.flickr.com/photos/85466700@N00/ and a short clip of Eugene quoting ALex from Everything is Illuminated on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjCVWovfqi0&eurl=http://www.youtube.com/my_videos_edit2
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Narine Nikogosian Offers Hints to Stop Aging
Meet Dr. Jim Loehr
Jeri Smith-Ready Reveals Her Previous Occupations
Jennet Conant Talks About The Irregulars
Philippa Gregory Talks About Margaret Beaufort Part 2
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...