A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 301,981
Currently Running With Scissors:
624 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Silly Swap North America Swap signups/signups closed stealing til 2/24  (Read 24830 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bettflow
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008 08:23:41 PM »

Hummm.......I thought about making my project first and then signing after it's finished.  But, considering my forgetful brain, I'm afraid I'll forget to sign up and it'll be too late, lol.  Soooooo, fixing to go send my questionaire in right now.  WE'RE GONNA HAVE A BLAST WITH THIS ONE!!!
bettflow
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bettflow
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2008 08:26:38 PM »

Well, I'm totally new to this type of swap.  But I think what the 5 claims is about is that when we start claiming the item we want, we are allowed to change items 5 times.  Like, when we put in a claim for an item, someone can come in and take that item away from us, so we can reclaim it or change our minds and claim another item.  Atleast this is the way I understand it.
Hope this helps and that I don't have it all figured out wrong, lol.
bettflow
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2008 08:57:28 PM »

ok Craftydeb - you changed your avatar and I am having a hard time recongnizing you! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BertaBerta
Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2008 11:19:43 PM »

I'm in another swap that doesn't wrap up until the 17th; but I'll be working on my item, and I'm so in for this.  The last ones looked like a blast.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bold, One of a Kind Jewelry, Fiber, and Yarns: bertaberta.etsy.com
Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008 04:04:08 AM »

Yes - you got it pretty much right about the claims - you get 5 chances to get what you want -

And yup - changed the avatar - I do that fairly often.  That geisha will probably be in this swap - I need to make sure I can get a bubble envelop big enough for her - she is a bit oversized for all the bubble mailers I have on hand!
Leave it to me to make something slightly too big for my own good  Cheesy

If anyone is wondering why their name on the front has an asterisk by it instead of a claim number - that is my way of reminding myself to leave feedback for one reason or another!

Deb
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008 04:05:01 AM by craftydeb » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
AngelBearMom
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008 09:34:32 AM »

I'm in on this swap, I'll send my info after Feb 5th. Smiley

I have my item 50% done.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pjherbert

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008 04:03:54 PM »

Ok, what do you all want? What do you all want to fight for? I want to post something spectacular so everyone will fight for it..... Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008 04:38:57 PM »

pjherbert - that is the big question - nobody knows what will be fought over or not!  last round there were a few hot items - and a lot of people that didn't make a claim at all - I guess just loving watching what was unfolding at the bitter end...

I don't think there is a rhyme or reason - and if your item isn't fought over that doesn't make it less desirable - I just made something that I would completely enjoy making - and I did.  I would do it again in a heartbeat - so I would have to say make something that you would enjoy making - because that is what crafting is all about - when you start to take orders the fun goes away  - take that from a designer... it's fun to do it until you are told you have to do it!!
 Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
pjherbert

« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008 05:42:43 PM »

pjherbert - that is the big question - nobody knows what will be fought over or not!  last round there were a few hot items - and a lot of people that didn't make a claim at all - I guess just loving watching what was unfolding at the bitter end...

I don't think there is a rhyme or reason - and if your item isn't fought over that doesn't make it less desirable - I just made something that I would completely enjoy making - and I did.  I would do it again in a heartbeat - so I would have to say make something that you would enjoy making - because that is what crafting is all about - when you start to take orders the fun goes away  - take that from a designer... it's fun to do it until you are told you have to do it!!
 Grin

Isn't that all the truth!! Everything I make I want to keep. Smiley I finally just tonight made myself a kleenex cozy after I have made 30+ and given them away I didn't even have one for myself! I do now and I am quite pleased about that quick simple little project. What satisfaction you can get out of a 10 minute project! I am so looking forward to this, I told the girls at work about it and they can't wait to see everything!    I have a few things I am thinking on, I will have my decision by tomorrow on what it will be and let the crafting begin!!! (ooohhh how I love this Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008 05:59:58 PM by pjherbert » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dreambelle
Beta Sigma Phi

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008 09:37:57 PM »

I'm waiting to send my questionnaire in until I receive my feedback from my first swap. I'm very excited about this one! This sounds like fun and after reading the instructions three times I think I understand how to do it! I already have my idea but might change it since there is so much time left.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 33 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
What to Wear Shopping
Music Festival Outfits
Bra Fit Essentials
Does Your Bra Fit the Right Way?
High Street Edit: How To Wear Flares (Day And Night)
Latest Blog Articles
Summertime Sweetness: Fruit Salsa & Cinnamon Chips
Fire Up the Grill: Jerk Steak
Tute Tuesday: July 4th Light Up the Sky Hat

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...