A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,752
Currently Running With Scissors:
586 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WOW!!! 20,000 members!  (Read 13304 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

slick
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2004 09:55:16 AM »

As a newbie, I want to let you all know that I really love craftster and appreciate all the encouragement and inspiration I get from y'all!  Craftster is awesome; I'm totally addicted, and please don't stop posting just because there are a few not-so-nice people responding.  There's nothing else like craftster around.  I love that in general people are NOT trying to sell you something; we're all just sharing ideas, and it's super cool!!!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadkate
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2004 02:17:40 PM »

MissRoo was the one to turn me on to Craftster, (That is a real gift! She is an endless resource of great ideas) and it made me remember the days when I had more time to do crazy, non-job related, fun craft ideas...I think that it is WONDERFUL forum that allows people from all over the world to connect and share inspirational ideas. I love to share ideas with people and I think that encouragement of others is important. Maybe I'm going on and on here, but I feel really passionate about this board and the great people who contribute to this comunity. Kudos to Leah for her insight, vision and commitment to this great forum. (Whew.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
NynaeveAS

I'm pretty enough for both of us.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2004 03:48:18 PM »

MissRoo et al are right.  I really like the encouragement that everyone gives and it means a lot from other crafters.  When friends and family say they like stuff, it is nice but it means more sometimes from people who know how the item is made.  I'm pretty much a single crafter since my crafty family members are spread out.  

In the main, I just ignore the bad comments because they are probably just coming out wrong due to the "electronic fluz".  I also ingore the post # because you never know what type of posts they are: good job, question, comment, project, help me or moved a post thread.  Wink  You're all great and keep posting!  Your input is helpful!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissRoo
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2004 03:51:35 PM »

Thanks, beadkate Grin
Beadkate is my crafting mentor. There is nothing this woman can not do! She started me off on doll making years and years ago (artsy, FUN dolls). She makes jewelry (of course), she knits, she sews, she's a fun person to be around, and she's a fantastic cook. She's also a savvy business woman! Oh, and she's literally family for me (which means she's obligated to like my crafts Wink ) We live quite a distance apart now, but keep in touch through Craftster Grin!

[edit - I posted this simultanously with NynaeveAS's post here. I agree with everything she says!]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2004 04:01:18 PM by MissRoo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
beadkate
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2004 05:55:07 PM »

Oh, geez...MissRoo.  Kiss Those are very kind words...You come from a long line of crafting divas (and divos if you count your bro.) When our two branches of crafty families crossed, we were bound to be super-creative. We had many good times making up interesting stuff. Now that we live farther apart we can still share ideas on this forum and we get to craft with a whole bunch of other people, too. I tell all of my students in my classes to check out the creative community on craftster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
divasteph

The crafty diva is on the loose!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2004 09:01:30 AM »

i was just as amazed i was a top 15 too - I never really cared what my "title was under my name" was - i just liked posting when it felt necessary - i really enjoy everyone's posts - from the positive feedback, questions we have all wondered and forgot to ask, and amazingly cool projects - i get a lot out of this board and i enjoy spending a good portion of my online time here... I only hope now and then i give back as much as i recieve...
i hope no one posts just to make their board status rise ---
but this is really the first time i have ever been a top poster on a board...
so i am kinda excited about it --- what an acomplishment ...lol especially when there are freakin thousands of crazy users on this board...lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

elephantfanatic

real girls shoot guns!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2004 05:50:12 PM »

wow! i only joined this site last month, but you guys are amazing! i mean you really rock!!! such an inspiration to me! and you have the best ideas too! THANK SO MUCH!!!!!! love ya forever Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"All Cinderellas have their midnight." Thomas S. Monson.
Lothruin
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2004 07:06:23 PM »

I've been a member for exactly one month today.  I knew I could see how often someone had posted, but didn't know until just now reading this thread that there was a ranking list.  Surprised to see myself in the top 15, I realize that here, as in the rest of my life, I'm probably more chatty than I ought to be.  I'm always weary of joining new forums, because I tend to have a love me/hate me kind of typical reaction, and I do tend to be long-winded.  I'm always afraid of stepping on peoples' toes, especially long-time board members.  I just have to say, I have never felt this was the case on Craftster, and that says so much about all the people who post here, new and old.  What a terrific, creative bunch of people!  Thanks guys!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2004 10:40:19 AM »

i cant believe i saw my name in the top 15.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Garbage Collector

Are we there yet?

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2004 06:32:50 PM »

As of a few minutes ago, Craftster has 9997 members.  Craftster will be hitting the 10,000 member mark within the next hour probably. 

Yay Craftster! 

Congratulations Leah.  Thank you for all your hard work and this wonderful community you created.  We should have a one year anniversary party ... maybe in the new chatroom if that does become a reality ... wouldn't that be fun?  Smiley

« Last Edit: July 21, 2004 06:37:06 PM by Garbage Collector » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make DIY Embellished Tassel Shirts
5 Creative Halloween Costumes You Already Have in Your Closet
Kate Middleton Wears Sexiest Dress Yet… While Pregnant
7 Little Black Dresses for Under $25
Culottes: How to Wear Them
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Bird Feeder
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
I See London; I See France!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...