A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 297,727
Currently Running With Scissors:
585 Guests and 41 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: most successful x-mas gifts!!  (Read 7017 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

yellowpurplezebra

Commuting Crafter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2008 02:55:54 PM »

Last year I made 3 scrapbooks - 1 for each sister and 1 for my parents. They were full of us growing up and had all the family in tears on Christmas day!

A few years ago I made my sister a safety pin bracelet. Now I know that you all know how to make these but all my family thought that this was the most amazing thing they'd ever seen and they still talk about it! It was nice and my sister nearly didn't get it as I wanted to keep it! I think it was the colours - dark purple and navy blue with the silver - they looked great together.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gamemom42
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2008 02:47:38 PM »

One year I made survival kits for three of the teachers in my school.  I bought clear, dollar store tool boxes, decorated each with sharpies ( pics of rulers, apples, scissors, the usual... and the teacher's name) and filled with about 20 emergency items such as sunglasses, umbrella, tampons, aspirin, nail file, comb, candy, etc.  Everything came from the dollar store.  That was several years ago and all three teachers still use their kits.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kstaron
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008 06:06:39 PM »

there are a few things i make every year:

glazed pecans: my FIL gets agitated if he thinks I won't have time to make his pecans

Scrapbooks: these always go over well, plus its something for people to look at when the conversation dries up

homemade bath goodies seem to go over well

I think one of the coolest things I made for a gift was a terrain set for warhammer 40,000.  I had a whole box of sets my husband could use to set up terrains for the game. He was impressed even though he decided not to get into the game very much.

This year I'm making alot of handbound books decorated with stuff interesting to them, a small scrapbook for nearly everyone,  and since the very first grandbaby is here I'm making stuffed animals and totes from her baby clothes.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rakechan
little Picture drawer person

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2008 01:40:51 PM »

Generally I've found that childish things go down very well with grown ups -

I made a personalised fuzzy felt kit (complete with special box) for my boyfriend a couple of years, which still gets talked about now! Smiley Dr. Who scarf went down very well with my dad, and customised sock monkey (a heavy metal one, made out of a black sock!) was a hit with my bro.

The godzilla of all beanbags that took me 2 years to make for my boyfriend was also a hit...

Love the idea of homemade colouring books... might have to do something similar for my friends this year... hmm...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw in the Manga Style Kawaii
Manga Drawing Tips
Manga Drawing Techniques
How to Develop Your Own Manga Characters
How to Draw a Manga Head Shape and Facial Features
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Manicure for Halloween
"Z" is for Zombie!
Meatless Monday: Honey Roasted Parsnip Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...