A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I actually finished something! It's a shawl.  (Read 1467 times)
Tags for this thread: shawl , wrap  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gamayun
I'll be back someday. Just not now.

View Profile
« on: November 29, 2006 11:58:40 AM »

2-skein knit triangle scarf, free pattern from Lion.  In some random color of Homespun I grabbed on impulse.  

The original photo was pretty dull (brown shawl + brown sofa = invisible Tongue) so I messed with the lighting on that last picture.  Here's a closeup of the pattern that hopefully shows the color more accurately.

This was my first major knitterly undertaking and I'm pretty pleased with it.  And it's so nice to wear at work when the air conditioning is blasting and it's the middle of winter....
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010 12:10:50 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed a coding issue » THIS ROCKS   Logged
boygirlparty
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006 12:00:29 PM »

i'm so impressed! years after i learned to knit, i'm still just making scarves. this is great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.boygirlparty.com: illustrations and fun stuff by susie ghahremani
http://shop.boygirlparty.com: the shop at boygirlparty.com
dair

Cute but psycho - things even out!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006 01:56:17 PM »

very nice - would you mind sharing the link for the pattern?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

onecraftybitch
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006 02:21:15 PM »

I like it!

Can you fill us in on some details? What kind of needles and what size? How big is it?

I too would be interested in the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marleah
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006 03:08:11 PM »

The striping turned out so nicely. Great job!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

artsygal

Come see my yarns!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006 11:25:12 PM »

Lovely!

I've made the exact same shawl about 2 years ago - and it's still one of my favorite knits. Mine lives at work to ward off the AC in the summer and help out when the heating doesn't seem to want to work in the winter. And while I'm not normally a fan of lionbrands homespun, this pattern is just perfect for it, I think. So nice and cuddly and soft and stripes beautifully!

Here's the linky to mine Smiley

http://www.artsygal.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=8&pos=2

I can't really tell - did we use the same colour? I bought mine as mill ends so I have no idea what the name of the colour is or anything like that.

Jas
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handpaints by Artsygal - a collection of unique and inspired handpainted yarns - is now open for business! Visit www.artsygal.net to see my yarns for yourself!
gamayun
I'll be back someday. Just not now.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006 07:36:12 AM »

Okay, found the link! 

http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/khs-triangleShawl2.html?noImages=0

You might have to sign up for their e-mails to access the patterns.  Oh well, if it's spam, it might as well be yarn-related, right?  Cheesy

Artsygal, I can't tell if ours is the same color or not - my yarn came from the clearance bin and I tossed the labels so I don't know what it's called  Embarrassed  Yours is beautiful and much less wonky around the edges than mine!

Homespun isn't my fave either.  It looks nice and it's very soft and warm, but it's a pain to work with - there's a thin thread wrapped around the rest of the fuzzy strand and my needles kept wanting to get tangled between them.  But it does look pretty.

Onecraftybitch, it was done with size 13 (9mm) needles and a random crochet hook for the edge - pattern calls for K (7mm), I think I might have used an H because it was all I had - and it's about as long on the top edge as I am tall, so about 5 feet 4 inches or around 163 cm.  When I wear it the point of the triangle covers my butt.

Thank you everyone for all the positive feedback!  I feel all warm and fuzzy!   Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
onecraftybitch
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2007 10:16:59 AM »

Thanks for the link and the details. I just picked up some more homespun ( it was on sale) so I may have to start this.

Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Meet Katherine Parr in Queen’s Gambit
The Sacred River by Wendy Wallace
Jonathan Alter Talks About The Schmooze Gene
The Center Holds by Jonathan Alter
5 Ways to Slow Aging in Your 20s
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...