A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 302,046
Currently Running With Scissors:
483 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: so im on ravelry now....  (Read 563 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

dj dizzy Dayna
« on: January 13, 2008 02:59:32 PM »

I got my ravelry invite 2 days ago. Ive enjoyed it so far, but im wondering if offers anything that i can't get right here on craftster?  What do you guys think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2008 03:59:34 PM »

I'm in love with both equally. I love craftster because I do a lot of different things and there is a lot of diversity, ideas, and feedback. However, Ravelry helps keep me organized. I'm notorious for switching projects in the middle and when I come back to it I do not know which hook I started with, losing which dye lot (or brand!) my yarn started out as.....Their projects page has let me start to get organized and now I know the sweater I'm working on is a 6.5 hook, so I don't have to panic about it later! I also like there pattern browser because it puts a lot of ideas at your finger tips.

Short form: I like craftster community and diversity better, but ravelry keeps me organized.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dotsamantha
getting better at being happy

"All I hear is Easter Bunny, Easter Bunny"

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008 06:18:52 PM »

I just got my invite yesterday, only took 12 days. I was looking forward to the organization also.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

http://www.ravelry.com/people/dotsamantha
chaoticallycrafty
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008 08:19:09 PM »

I got mine a couple days ago as well. I am loving the organizational aspect of the site. I still love craftster though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

xo, Rayne
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008 08:20:57 PM »

it is taking FOREVER for my ravely invite, it has been 3 weeks already.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
dj dizzy Dayna
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2008 08:45:09 PM »

yes you guys are right. I think it will keep me more organized. I would just rather have one site to go to instead of two, but if it is benefiting me then so be it. It took me about 2 weeks to get my invite, didnt think that was too long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dotsamantha

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2008 10:51:22 PM »

I checked the "antsy" link a few times, I thought it was longer, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time."

pjherbert

He is such a little stinker!

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2008 08:49:01 PM »

Hi all - I got my invite the other day and got on, same id, but I haven't done anything with it. I will need to get in there and surf around. I also need to get a flicker account so I can post pictures.  I do feel like craftster is much easier to see what's new and comment about it and craftster will always be my first love! lol Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dotsamantha

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2008 12:23:46 AM »

I'm using ravelry for the organizational/ reference aspect, but my home is primarily here, for sure  Kiss
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008 11:48:10 PM by dotsamantha » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2008 11:15:25 AM »

yup to me those are very different. Craftsters' forums are way better. But ravelry wasn't created just for forums so that's to be expected. Ravelry is to help you organize and find what other people have made with the same yarn. Also to see how many other people stash the same yarn etc. It's also nice to pull up a pattenrand see who used what yarn to make it.
So to me ravelry goes hand in hand with craftster beacuase they work so well together.
You find a pattern on ravelry you like and read about 3 different yarns people have used to make it. so you come to craftster and ask about the pro's/cons of each yarn for this pattern. Then make your item, show it off on ravelry and craftster etc. Smiley

And I love knowing what size hooks and needles I have. I tend to put my hooks with a WIP and then forget I have them. lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vintage Style Makeup Makeover
Short Hair Styling Makeover
Long Hair Makeover
Home Makeup and Hair Tips
Wedding Hairstyle Ideas
Latest Blog Articles
Book Review: Handmade for Baby
Tute Tuesday: Warm Those Piggies!
Which Came First?

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...