A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 300,916
Currently Running With Scissors:
581 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My room is officially better than all yous beeches'!(imghvy)  (Read 23318 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Petrifiera
« on: January 09, 2005 07:31:48 AM »

A har har. Maybe not, but my room is now pretty cool. Wink I wasn't sure where to put this, so I guess this is the best place. It went through a big transformation...it's actually CLEAN!!!!!1 :shock: My room used to have just plain white walls. I HATED them, so I'd find whatever I could and would put it up on my walls to give my room more color. In doing that, my room was all different colors and no matter how I 'cleaned' it, it always looked so cluttered. I got a good amount of money this Christmas, so I decided I wanted to redo my room. I've been having trouble for the past few months getting myself to actually do my homework at HOME. Now, I think I'll actually  have the initiative to do my homework in my room since it's actually clean, and I actually have a working atmosphere. Anyway, enough with the chit chat--here's a tour of my very much improved room! Mucho gracias to my brother Jason for helping me. ^^

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour.jpg
My dad took the liberty of taking my picture as I was getting high off painting designs onto my walls after painting my room with Jason.

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour01.jpg
Here we go! ENTER!

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour02.jpg
What you see when you enter and turn around. I lub my exit sign. Aren't I so clever?! And butterflies, trails, and hearts!

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour03.jpg
The right side of my room when you enter. I have a bunch of crap lol. Those 2 doors to the right are my closets. And on my walls: My name (which I screwed up on and is partly covered lol), butterflies, a checkered path, my usual AIM smilies I make, stars, spider webs, and a spider.

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/closet1.jpg
My main closet. Not really all that glamourous.

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/closet2.jpg
My other closet. Some DIY clothes are in a pile below all the hung clothes. -_-" lol

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour04.jpg
Turning left after going around the bed in the middle. The circles on the walls remind me of The Ring. XD Some stuffed animals over here. I still have my kiddish side to me, come on!

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour05.jpg
The left back side of my room. My drawers, etc. Haha...I based my walls off of my Myspace profile background...and you can see it as a black/white background on my No_Evil theme. Jason painted that spider...it looks so evil compared to mine haha. Oh, and my dead roses I got from Erik for last year's Vday...but they were alive then haha. I guess I have a fascination for dead flowers. I can't bring myself to throw them out. XD

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour06.jpg
The window and that side of my room again.

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour07.jpg
My stuffed animals! I majority of them are Jason's old ones though. He didn't want me to throw them out lol. =P

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour08.jpg
The left front side of my room. That's not my real sewing machine...just a sewing machine table with a not-working sewing machine in it that my bro got me from Salvation Army the other day. My dad is going to try to fix it, but my real sewing machine is hidden beside my desk lol. I have yet to clean off my desk, as you can see.

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour09.jpg
View of that side of my room from my door. And thanks, Julia, for the boa! It goes well in my room. XD

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour10.jpg
And my bed which is in the middle of the room. Notice the ghetto canopy my bro put up for me lol. He removed the top bunkbed for me because I'd always bump my head on it. XD I love my new bedsheets/comforter. Has to show some Asian side of me...though I'm not Chinese. -_-" lol

http://www.petrifiera.net/photos/room/roomtour11.jpg
The Exit. Hope you enjoyed the tour! If you haven't found out already, my favorite colors are black and yellow-green. Mmhhmmm.

Here are pictures my old old room: http://www.petrifiera.net/albumroom.html
It didn't really look like that before I redid it...I'd rearranged it after these pictures, but these are the only pics I have, but this is how my walls looked. XD It was way messier than in these pics though, that's for sure.

Well, that's it for now! Feel free to show off your rooms, too. Smiley
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012 11:55:31 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working image(s) to link(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Veggiechick
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2005 07:51:12 AM »

Nice colours! (I like it how they are the inverts of each other) You are quite the talented artist! Everything you drew is lovely I think the exit sign is a nice touch - very wity. Wink And I like your ghetto canopy - I briefly entertained the idea of doing it to myself until I realised that I actually used my top bunk so it was actually kind of functional.  Undecided My one question is how you did the butterflies on the walls - it looks like a stamp, but I suppose you could have free handed them? Anyways... your room is definetly uber cool now! Enjoy living in it!   

Oh... and if I ever get around to cleaning up my room I'll post pics. I'd love to see pics of everyone elses rooms! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DrewsUSAgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2005 07:53:54 AM »

What an awesome room!  The corner with the swirleys & butterflys is my fav...& the smilies....  =)   
You could make $$ doing kids rooms ...heck I'd lik my rom like tht & I'm in my 30's
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005 08:20:30 AM »

I'm kinda allergic to those colors (everything that needs to be spruced, and stuff that's almost rotten through, in this country always has that color for some reason, so you get the association thing after a while) but I completely adore the design. I'd so want to paint my room that way. If I still lived at home and had a "my room". *sigh* Oh, the daydreams... Smiley
Anyways, all and all: I'm very impressed by the designs, and the way they fit so well together. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
vintageoceaner

you and i misbehaving

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005 09:32:14 AM »

love it!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ayame
Psycho Jrocker

Hurry up hurry up wrist cut show

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2005 09:57:15 AM »

To be truthful, I thought you were full of it when I read the title, but you totally proved me wrong  Cheesy I want your room, it would be suc ha lovely place to just sit. O_o You could do like a real-life tour and make people pay money, I know I'd go  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Petrifiera
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2005 11:03:55 AM »

Haha, thanks everyone!

The butterflies are done with sponges. I cut them out of a regular sponge also, so yeah. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rabid.dustbunny
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2005 11:17:12 AM »

Dang! I'm very impressed by the whimsy and freedom in your designs. It can be scary to actually commit to painting freehand on a wall. Good for you. I love everything about it and will keep it in mind if I ever get to a place where I can paint my daughter's walls (@%&!#$ rentals!)
I think you should take it to the next level now - I'd paint that furniture, esp. the bed, maybe a crisp white and hang some "fairy lights" (a.k.a. white christmas lights) around the bed. You could hang some fabric in front of your closet and maybe find some metal or plastic baskets/buckets to put some of your stuff in to create a more "together" look...
sorry, can you tell what a pain I am to my kids? ^_~
Anyway, I think your room is gorgeous! What a good job. I wish you could paint MY room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The mighty oak was once a little nut that stood it's ground.
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005 03:55:10 PM »

That's awesome. I've wanted to do something very similar for years, but renting doesn't allow for much freedom, unless I want to pay for three times the paint to cover it all up afterwards.

I agree with painting the furniture, that's the best way to get your room to go with itself. All my furniture matches now, and that makes my room totally come together.

I love the Myspace curly walls Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
pelibem3
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005 03:33:30 PM »

i so want your room!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Lorin

live fast, die pretty

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2005 04:22:37 PM »

oh wow! how cool!
I love the butterflies
I wish I could paint my room..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

_Lorin
elissamichelle

i'm happy just because.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2005 07:09:41 PM »

wanna come paint my room?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pickledkitty
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2005 11:56:31 PM »

I know that the drips on the butterflies were probably an accident, but I really love them like that! And the swirlys are George-ish, and the stars, and all....wow! Good job, kudos on your brother for the help, and keep doing amazing stuff!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitster88
aka christinanne

ch-ch-ch-ch-ch cherry bomb

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2005 09:04:49 AM »

oh wow...i want to paint my room now, a task ive avoided for a long time do to the work involved (taking down panaling, one new section of drywall ect) but this is actually inspiring, id probably use the same colors too though, im afraid you are my color soul mate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Look what youve done to me now, youve made me perfect
RoxRock
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2005 07:07:22 AM »

wow, I really like your walls!  I like how on every wall the designs are different.  I love the randomness!  awesome job  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Someday we'll find it,
The rainbow connection,
The lover, the dreamer, and me...
cheekymamaof2
It doesn't feel like exercise when you're wearing chiffon.

Forget Stitch n Bitch. Nurse n Knit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2005 07:13:52 AM »

the color would drive me batty...not at all relaxing like MY room...but I LOVE the designs on thew walls. I could see something similar in a rich chocolate paired with a sky blue...or a pink. Or...what about red and gold? I like. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BOYCOTT SEW FAST SEW EASY!
visit www.freetostitchfreetobitch.org
my blogs can be found at livejournal (cheekymama) and blogspot (cheekymamaof2)
brokenlove

POLARBEARS=♥

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2005 04:50:28 PM »

Woah. I am really like amazed. That's gorgeous. I think this is how I'm going to paint my room. Mad props, y0. Tongue lol. I'm doing chocolate brown and pink though. Yeah. Mine's gonna be cooler xD haha. To me at least. Yours.. I'm still in awe, that's beautiful. Again, wonderful. BTW, what's your name? I noticed "MAR" on the walls. My name's Marlana, I was just curious. K, I'll shut up now. L8r Gator!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Scentsy Consultant
http://scentsy.com/marlanadyer

Etsy graphics designer
http://marlanaleigh.etsy.com
tikkytak2006
Katie Marie

.the angel of music is very strict.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2005 06:26:37 PM »

beautiful..how did you achieve the drippy effect? Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.kmlphotography.piczo.com
*i'm just an aspiring photographer taking it one beautiful sunset at a time*
I Hot Glued My....!
What will they craft up next!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2005 01:57:15 PM »

Take A Bow! I must put a step on doing my room now so, I can post Pics 4 everyone 2 c!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

thrifty_mermaid
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2005 02:10:56 PM »

i love your walls!! esp the spider!! soooo awesome!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

so clear, like the diamond in your ring cut to mirror your intentions, oversized and overwhelmed, the shine of which has caught my eye...
pawnshoppromises
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2005 11:46:14 PM »

Awesome room, and great color choices!

My boyfriend has that same AFI poster.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I <3 Personal Swaps and can crochet pretty much anything! PM me!

My Etsy
My Ravelry
My Wist
Ria421m
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2005 10:47:41 AM »

so cool, love how the butterflyies drip...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wESTcOASTcHIK

uR tAlkIng tO MRS MARSHALL MATHERS!! EMINEM *MWA*

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2005 02:27:12 PM »

awesome. omg i HAVE THE EXACT SAME BIG BEAR.(i got when i was 2)  mine is named mr. bear wahts urs?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

::Tina you fat lard come get some dinner::

Step by step, heart by heart,
left right left we all fall down like toy soldiers
Bit by bit, torn apart, we never win
But the battle wages on for toy soldiers
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2005 04:03:41 PM »

I LOOOOVE the swirlys in that one corner.....I might have to steal that idea Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
its_TRAGICx
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2005 09:49:47 AM »

i love it   Cheesy
i'm thinking of painting my room, i love how your corners look.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
lullababy
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2005 11:00:16 AM »

I love the paint job, but the room itself could be more organized.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
SidekickFancy
...and then there was Fancy...

Funny how it feels when there's nothing to say...

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2005 10:19:52 AM »

WICKED...that's so awesome...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Happiness can be found in the darkest of times...if one only remembers to turn on the lights.

You can lead a heart to love, but you can't make it fall.

http://www.wists.com/thegyrlwholived
sewcherry

I live for LOST...go HOT doctor GO!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2005 12:11:19 AM »

Amazing corner detail you are so talented.  I think you should take those pics and send them to the paint manufacturer and maybe they'd feature you in a newsletter or something.  totally cool. Shocked
THIS ROCKS   Logged

when life gives you lemons, make lemonade, and add some gin!
kiltlover4224
"Quotation is a serviceable substitute for wit"-Oscar Wilde

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2005 07:33:17 PM »

Whoa-OAH. I love it man. Similar tastes. I have a lime green room w/ road signs everywhere. Yours is seriously my favorite of all the other rooms posted.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I could state a clever line or write some artsy verse
But then that would just be another minute wouldn't it?
GinaTy05
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005 10:49:23 PM »

AWESOME ASS COLOR AND DESIGN!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Sometimes you're flush and sometimes you're bust, and when you're up, it's never as good as it seems, and when you're down, you never think you'll be up again, but life goes on." - Blow
schmitaa
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2005 12:29:12 PM »

Love the colors together.  My fave parts are where the walls meet and the butterflies Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ttchica78

Left handed hooker

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2005 12:35:37 PM »

My favorite part is the spider coming down above the dresser!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BethyG

bang bang bang. the bigger, the better.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2005 01:58:32 PM »

love it. the colors arn't me, but their amazing. i love your swirls!!! love love love. amazing. great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The boys i mean are not refined
They cannot chat of that and this
They do not give a fart for art
They kill like you would take a piss
They speak whatever's on their mind
They do whatever's in their pants
The boys i mean are not refined
They shake the mountains when they dance
swisslymiss
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2005 10:32:04 PM »

I read the subject line and I just thought, "Wow, this girl is pretty conceited" but I completely don't think that! The room is so entirely awesome that I can't believe I thought that considering how true you ended up being! Congrats on the awesome room. I like the swirly-s!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Oh how I love to blow bubbles down mainstreet!

"Summer has come and passed, the innocent can never last..." - Green Day
MerBearTRS
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2005 06:00:21 AM »

awesome. omg i HAVE THE EXACT SAME BIG BEAR.(i got when i was 2)  mine is named mr. bear wahts urs?

Me TOOO!! his name is bear bear i got him when i was 4 cause everyone calls me mer bear!! AHHH thats so cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged
knitrrgrrl
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2005 08:58:02 AM »

I really dig the colors you painted on the walls. Smiley Very daring!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chic
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2005 10:23:22 PM »

It's so whimsical and creativeee! How long did it take you to paint everything, cuz it's amazing!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

f18 anyone? PM me. =)
mynameisjonas
« Reply #37 on: July 22, 2005 07:01:44 AM »

that's really awesome, i love it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
toxic_candy1
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2005 11:21:58 AM »

This is the coolest room ever!!! Cheesy I love the colours and swirls and everything! Was wondering if you still had the butterfly stencils?? Amazing work! And very creative/clever ideas!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

tequila mockingbird
PrincessAmanda
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2005 11:21:14 PM »

i will agree that your room is pretty sweet... i love the color combination that you went with, and it is a HUGE improvement from the pictures of your old room. it has so much more personality.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

OTSS! OTSS! ONLY THE STRONG SURVIVE!
whatsernamee
« Reply #40 on: November 05, 2005 06:58:03 PM »

I completely love it... and I have the same afi poster as you. Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Alex Campos
« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2005 03:18:59 AM »

i like how you painted the corners, it looks really good.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Photographer: Alex Campos
xr.com/alexcampos
Crooklyn
« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2006 12:56:56 PM »

That is a cool room.  Nice job.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Costume Chick since '03
MeganMayhem

We're Kings among runaways <3

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2006 09:09:42 PM »

Couldn't help but notice your little Gogo Yubari mace-thing on the wall... How awesome! I love the colors! I would never have the guts to use those colors in my room.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
orangecoolaid
« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2006 04:15:57 PM »

super cute
where did u get the stars at the end of ur bed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
abitlooney
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2006 04:37:40 PM »

i love the whimsy swirls and your inhibition to just painting whatever you wanted. i also would have never thought to paint a room yellow and brown. kudos.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
margaretmeletha
« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2007 03:24:37 PM »

I LOVE your myspace inspired corner...I had the same idea for my apartment but the management won't let me paint Angry

haha I also have a huge vase with dead roses i've gotten...i just dont want to throw them away! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
eschewed xx
Barbara-Anna

my hands open my eyes open, and I just keep hoping

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2007 06:15:16 AM »

I LOVE the colors. It came out really spectacular.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make Grilled Breakfast Pizza
Chef Shows Off Goat Cheese Fondue
Chocolate Chipotle Pork Tenderloin
How to Make Hot Chicken Wings
Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...