A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 298,764
Currently Running With Scissors:
564 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tin foil from hershey kisses  (Read 3047 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

VoodooToaster
« on: January 30, 2004 10:27:29 AM »

I thought of decopauge, but on what, and would that work ok?  There are really neat colors of purple and deep red in the bittersweet kisses for Valentine's Day, and the wrappers are piling up on my desk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jcis27
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004 11:13:55 AM »

i've seen these rolled into little balls and made into beads... very nice dark jewel tones, we were just commenting on them the other night as we chowed down. Kiss
THIS ROCKS   Logged
aeroplane
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004 01:14:40 PM »

my (little) brother has this habit of peeling the wax part from gum wrappers and using the tin part to "tag" people's cars, desks, walls, etc... if you smooth it to a surface with your fingernail, it's almost impossible to get off (trust me, there's been one stuck to the bumper of my car for over a year now).

betcha could do the same thing with hershey's wrappers.  to snazz up ANYTHING.  like a cheap version of metallic paint.  i'm seeing it on glass things like candle holders, mirrors, windows, etc, but i think it would work great on anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004 01:54:14 PM »

actually, unfortunitly, the silver part from gum wrappers only stick by themselves because it's still still sticky from the glue that was holding it to the paper.  so, hersey's wrappers won't do that.

BUT.....  I have successfully used them to cover notebooks.  you just have to use double stick tape or the like.  (elmers tended to peel off.  I would have tried other types of glue, but I had double stick tape handy and was impatient to boot.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

TinySoapyBubbles
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2004 04:53:25 PM »

VooDoo toaster: I really like the checkerboard wrappers for the mint hersheys that were out this past Christmas. I made beads out of them. Just used like 6 wrappers made the firt into a tight litll ball & wrapped & layyerd them.Used a heavey duty wooden skewer to poke a hole in them then dipped them in mod podege to seal.

Aeroplane & Kategirl : Do oyu mean lke the foil aroud stick of gum? Like Big Red Or Wrigleys?  I'm gonna have to try this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2004 05:39:48 AM »

Aeroplane:   We used to do that all the time in school!   The teachers would get SO mad at us, because there were a few desks that were completely silver after a few years of everyone working together one one desk!   I thought it actually looked pretty cool!

Thanks for reminding me of it!  I don't know if I'll do anything crafty with it, but it's a great memory!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
AnnaReilly

Part cat-woman, part cat-lady...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2004 08:28:35 PM »

OOooh! OOooh! OOooh! Send them to me! LOL

I am saving chocolate wrappers and I am crudely sculpting a figure out of them to be my Chocolate Goddess for a chocolate shrine I am making! I'm calling her "Our Lady of the Chocolates."  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
~Scott Adams
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2004 08:39:34 PM »

I'm calling her "Our Lady of the Chocolates."  Grin

That's funny!  Maybe she could be called "Our
LaRdy of Chocolates"!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
BadKittyUSA33

I'm a kitty!!! A BAD ONE!!! meow...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2004 01:23:02 PM »

mmmmm.......chocolate.............mmmmm    ok well anyway i was thinking of using those wrappers on maybe a frame or something or maybe you could put them on glasses or something! mmmmmm......chocolate!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

(`'•.¸(`'•.¸*¤*¸.•'´ )¸.•'´)     
•.¤*  MOLLYWOOD!!!!!  *¤ .•      
°¤°(¸.• '´(¸.•'´*¤*`'•.¸)`'•.¸)   Rock on!
anwa
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2004 01:36:58 PM »

You could always use it on your walls Smiley Tedious yes but you could use that instead of gold leaf! I saw something similar on Trading Spaces where they gold leaf'd a dining room ceiling. It was awesome!

Also, if you can fold a dollar bill into a box I'm sure you can do something similar with the wrappers!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whatever's Clever! - prints, boxes and more!
Help support a starving student who is addicted to crafting!
http://whateversclever.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Cannibal Coincidence!
Kate Morton Introduces Her Novel The Secret Keeper
Michael Feinstein Plays "Love Is Here to Stay"
Kati Martin Reflects on Her Life - Happiness, Pain, and Loss
Dr. John Norcross on "Changeology"
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...