A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 296,614
Currently Running With Scissors:
524 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Fun with Fleece  (Read 4599 times)
Tags for this thread: hat , mittens , fleece  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

procrastanator
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2009 12:09:24 PM »

Just learning?  You're learning pretty quickly!  Love the top hat, especially!
why thank you  Grin I am picking it up pretty quick and loving it!

The top hat was a challenge.  I ended up using cardboard from a frozen pizza box for the rim, next one I am going to use wire so I can reshape it as need be.  The ultimate goal is to sew a fleece suit to match the top hat muwah ha hahaha hahahaha

you're making a fleece suit? you're my new hero, the top hat alone is amazing but a whole suit, wow....just wow.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mntsuklaa
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2009 01:26:41 PM »

The mittens are cute!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
McJulie-O
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2009 02:06:20 PM »

Awesome work.
Love the top hat and skate covers.

the top hat is awesome!
i didnt even think of makin hockey skate covers! great idea, im gonna have to steal that idea haha

Thank you  Smiley

Just make sure you line them with an old towel because otherwise the blades will slice right through the fleece.  Also I just sewed a tunnel around the top(not sure if there is a sewing term for that) and then threaded the elastic through and then tied it at the end.  Evidently if you sew the elastic in eventually it wears out and they won't work anymore, if you just have the elastic tied in then you can tighten it once they start to wear out or even replace the elastic.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Brilliant idea, I have a huge problem with elastic wearing out in things, so I'm going to have to try this.

there is a tool that you can use to thread it through...starts with a B...ummm....well i can't remember what it is called; I just used a safety pin.  Attach the safety pin to one end of the elastic and push it through.  Bigger the safety pin the easier it will be.  Oh and don't forget to pin the other end down!  It sucks when you are almost done all that threading to find that you've pulled the other end through and now have to start all over!

Bodkin- tool for threading elastic through a casing
Just an idea: don't cut your elastic until it's threaded all the way through; if it needs to be a certain length just mark the length with a sharpie right on the elastic and cut it AFTER all the threading is done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
manlyman
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2009 08:52:20 PM »

you're pretty much the coolest guy EVER for endeavoring to learn to sew, especially with the results already being pretty kick-@$$. your girl is very lucky!

great job!

why thank you  Smiley

she was looking over my shoulder as I red your post and she agrees with you  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am learning to sew and figure skate, I've never felt more manly in my life!
manlyman
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2009 08:54:12 PM »

The top hat was a challenge.  I ended up using cardboard from a frozen pizza box for the rim, next one I am going to use wire so I can reshape it as need be.  The ultimate goal is to sew a fleece suit to match the top hat muwah ha hahaha hahahaha

you're making a fleece suit? you're my new hero, the top hat alone is amazing but a whole suit, wow....just wow.

I asked for a suit pattern for xmas, I am going to try my hand at a regular one first (which should be an awesome disaster, but that's how I learn best) then I hope to make a matching fleece suit which I plan on snowboading in with my top hat of course.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manlyman
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2009 08:55:25 PM »

The mittens are cute!! Cheesy

the mittens are one of the more complex things I have made, but over all not to tricky.  They did however turn out way smaller than I had planned.  Still fit my girl just fine though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

manlyman
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2009 08:58:54 PM »

Bodkin- tool for threading elastic through a casing
Just an idea: don't cut your elastic until it's threaded all the way through; if it needs to be a certain length just mark the length with a sharpie right on the elastic and cut it AFTER all the threading is done.

Bodkin!!! that's it! Thanks  Smiley
I remember shopping for one and it was like 3 or 4 bucks and I said screw this I have safety pins at home! hahahaha I'll get one eventually though.

Great idea for the elastic I'll have to remember that next time for sure.

I love the sharing of ideas on here, this community rocks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

saucyseamstress
« Reply #27 on: December 20, 2009 11:20:50 AM »

My husband says watch out for the static electricty when you wear your suit    Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Le Mieux
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2009 04:27:48 AM »

i am so looking forward to how the suit turns out....my bro is a snowboarding nut so i smell a birthday present coming on!!

awesome creations too! i love the skull fabric  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people

http://www.wists.com/harbles
http://miss-chlo.blogspot.com

UK Swap - sent!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...