A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 307,971
Currently Running With Scissors:
289 Guests and 3 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tiny first post with tiny project (condom box)  (Read 6879 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2005 07:45:59 PM »

As everyone else usually do, I've been browsing through here for ideas for a very long time, but figured "hey, I can add something even if it's really uninteresting".

So. I've done funnier things than this I believe, but I don't have those things around atm.

My boyfriend and I are very fond of these all-to-expensive tiny mints that come in very pretty metal boxes here, called o\zon. And since they're so nice, why not use them?

(no, this is not a makeoverthingy, though I AM uncertain about the category of forum I'm currently in, but I don't really think it's a bag or purse... Huh)

Anyways. Many people here have made tampon containers and stuff, but I don't really need that, but I thought "hey, why not make a nice condom-container instead, 'cause who doesn't need that".  Grin

To keep your interest, here is the end result first:

The sign is chinese, and according to worldlingo translation engine, it means evil spirit. I don't think my handwriting is too good though. It's special request from my bf. I made his first, and I'm gonna make one for me in a bit, with cut-up jewellry and stuff on it.

And since I myself am very fond of step by step images, here they are Smiley (in contrast to everyone else I put the desc above the image and not below)

Boxes!

Don't forget to remove the portioner-thingy:

It took a few coats, this paint doesn't wanna stick on metal...

Prettiness:

Add stuff (though they barely fit, but I've managed to put three in there):

Well then, if I'm all too boring, just boo me out Wink Maybe I'll get terrified enough not to show you my cat-sofa once I get a hold of pics of that one.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005 07:14:08 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

...oh, if it wasn't clear, I'm rarely completely serious. Smiley
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005 07:56:09 PM »

haha no boo's here! good idea! and def, if u find picks of the cat sofa, please post
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
PpCakes
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005 08:23:42 PM »

Its very pretty and it make me want to make one  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

visit my blog, its full of crafty awesome things, and life!

xo
http://ckscribbles.blogspot.com/
PixieSkull
Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2005 04:06:16 PM »

That's not a bad idea in the least. How do the condoms fit in there, though, is my question. Do you use the long thin contained ones or the normal square ones?

creative use, I must say
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2005 07:09:00 PM »

Actually I think all condoms here in sweden have packaging of the thin, long kind. Generally there's only one brand avalible, though different models, but I've only seen two models Wink People don't really want to use anything that's not approved by RFSU, the national association for sexual enlightenment. That sounds really weird in english.
  I had to fit these in diagonally, 'cause the boxes are only about 5, maybe 6 centimetres. (2-3 inches something I believe that is) Four centimeters in the other direction. One cm high along the edge.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005 07:10:31 PM by Melladh » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."

Vildhavre
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005 02:16:30 AM »

You should have painted the chinese word for condoms on it Wink If there is one.. hm, maybe it was that very long stuff.. oh well, it was really cool =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Will swap for a DIY handmade paper kit!
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005 06:37:09 AM »

The chinese word for condoms consists of three signs, meaning "evade", "is pregnant" and "wrap", so it was really cool, just a bit long. (according to worldlingo)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michaelasmom

Nobody is born a bigot..........

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005 12:13:01 PM »

ok, now I am inspired and off to find the symbols for 'no' and 'is pregnant'
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Any idiot can handle a crisis.  It's the day to day living that wears you out."  -- Anton Checkov
libra

He's so in touch with his innerfish.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005 01:22:10 PM »

bravo!

Good job on your first post and on the project.  I appreciate you putting a pic of the completed project first, sometimes when there are many many photos, I never get to see the project because I get pissed and shut down IE.  (I have a horribly slow connection) Your post is so user friendly!

And we all know that it's bad to keep a lonely little condom in a wallet because of the friction and heat right?  Well who needs to with a metal condom box?  And if this fell out of your purse in front of your mom, she wouldn't have to die of shock!

I'm 24 and married and my mother would still die of shock.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Poser Meow
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005 02:30:38 PM »

Very very cool! I think 3 condoms might be too few for me to carry around  Grin , so you might want to think about ordering from these guys: http://www.specialtybottle.com
I made marble magnets for this past Christmas and put them all in little blank altoid-like containers.

Awesome idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Creative minds have always been known to survive any kind of bad training."
- Anna Freud
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Etched Glasses
Horror Movie Crafts
August 24, 2016 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...