A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,801
Currently Running With Scissors:
645 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Buy Nothing Swap Round 2 Gallery!  (Read 13262 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

MandyLikesPie
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2008 10:05:43 AM »

Here are the photos of my fantabulous package from iheartcapnhook! She spoiled the heck out of me and I love everything she sent (and I'll get a lot of use out of it too!). She's got some crazy sewing skills. Shocked So here we go:

First, an adorable patchwork wristlet with matching bunny card holder. She also put a knitted bunny in the bag. CUTE! I <3 bunnies.  Grin

Wristlet:

Card holder closed and open:

Bunny!

She also sent an awesome handbag and notebook combo in fabric that I adore. I'm going to be the best-accessorized girl at work!

This is so thoughtful and must have taken forever to make. My kitchen has a berry and pie theme, so she made me a "four and twenty blackbirds baked in a pie" mat. How incredibly creative is that? I love it and it is promptly going up on my wall. Of course the only photo that turned out was the one my cat stuck her nosy mug in.

And finally, because I love all things strawberry, a gorgeous old-fashioned strawberry apron! Because every girl needs an apron.  Wink

Thank you so very much Marci! I love every single thing and didn't get anything done yesterday because I was having so much fun playing with it all. Wonderful swap.  Kiss

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2008 10:23:38 AM »

iheartcapnhook has made you some gorgeous things there MandyLikesPie  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
loopylamb
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2008 02:38:54 PM »

Wow, what spoilage! Amazing work on the blackbird mat, it's gorgeous.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2008 03:11:07 PM »

Wow Mandy!  Everything is so lovely.

Iheartcapnhook, that's some beautiful work!   

THIS ROCKS   Logged
tazzell
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2008 03:18:31 PM »

Loving that blackbird mat as is your cat obviously Wink

Right here are the pics of all the wonderful things kookaloo_Star totally spoiled me and my young uns with.  I warn you now there are a lot of pictures...because there is a lot of things Smiley

A big box was waiting for my at my local post office and once I'd popped it open I was greeted with this sight.

Kookaloo decided to share her amazing skills with my two daughters.
Big one is thrilled with her gift and after I'd convinced her that yes it really was for her and not me she proudly took it into town with her today.

Wee one is super thrilled with her snoodies and has already warned me off borrowing them but today she relented and said I could if I wanted.

Of course she had to try out the slippers before she'd even changed out of her dance class gear.

And then I started opening mine.

Not one but two amazing hats and a gorgeous scarf.

3 amazing bags that will help me in my continuing bid to refuse plastic bags in the shops.

A pin cushion!  I've never had a proper pin cushion and this one is lovely, my pins will now be liberated from the little box they've been stuck in forever and now proudly displayed ready for action.

And it doesn't stop...
A beautiful apron modelled here by eldest daughter Wink

And not one but two needle rolls, one for crochet hooks, sweetie that she is she even included 2 hooks for me.  And a needle roll again with needles supplied.  The material of both is gorgeous.

Here's the whole caboodle.  I am so super spoiled.  Thank you again and again K you've made 3 girls very very happy.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2008 03:20:27 PM by tazzell » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Taz

'Life must be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards' - Soren Kierkegaard

My wists
http://www.wists.com/tazzell
My blog
http://cutitandpinit.blogspot.com/

Trends may come and go but I'll always be a crafter.
MandyLikesPie
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2008 03:54:45 PM »

Holy smokes, Tazzell, you and your girls hit the jackpot! Amazing work Kookaloo_starr! I think the bags are my favorite. And I've gotta ask, how ginormous is your stash?  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Kookaloo_Starr

the best things in life aren't things!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2008 04:14:21 PM »

Grin Glad y'all liked what I sent Taz'  Smiley

I really wanted to make wee one some pjs with the fabric I used for inside her pink scoodie but my overlocker was having none of it  Roll Eyes SOOOOO pleased that the felted slippers fit her too, they should keep her tootsies toasty  Wink
I'm sure there were other things I wanted to say but I get distracted *lol*

Mandy, you really don't want to know how big my stash is....the things I made for Taz' and her girls didn't even make a dent in it  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Use what talent you possess - the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best"

50 in '14
loopylamb
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2008 05:11:16 PM »

Well I'm feeling enlightened. I just had to do a search to figure out what the heck a scoodie is! A scarf-hoodie. Very cool. All of my hoodies are attached to the sweatshirts they are part of, how very uncool of me. Must get with it and get me a scoodie. Awesome job Kookaloo_Starr!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

serendipity_sarah
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2008 07:18:27 PM »

You've got some Fantastic skills Kookaloo_Starr! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beckster
Never met a needle I couldn't work with

Coffee and yarn are my two best friends.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2008 07:31:00 PM »

Wow.  Very cool stuff!  I need to get to work!!  Wink Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

FUN FUR IS MUPPET MURDER!!! 
Wist: http://wists.com/br549xt93
Ravelry: rebecky
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Sew a Cashmere Hot Water Bottle Cover
Create a Recycling Bin for Newspapers
Holiday Garland Decorations 101
How to Make a Christmas-Tree Table Topper
Professional-Looking Holiday Flower Containers
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...