A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 300,903
Currently Running With Scissors:
616 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitchalong 2008  (Read 34609 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

jojo

Sweet Mother of Pearl!

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 06, 2008 07:16:29 PM »

Wow...everyone's making amazing progress!  (Hanging head in shame and running over to my stitching chair to get some work done...)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Koeniou
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2008 03:53:44 AM »

Hi,

I discovered this place earlier today, and just caught up with the thread.

Last November I bought this pattern: Teddy Bear Tree Skirt

I finished the big main bear for Christmas, and I'm going to finish it and give it to my future mother-in-law for this Christmas.

I've been plodding along since then and now I'm up to here:

First half completed, with the starts of the backstitching:

« Last Edit: October 12, 2008 07:42:59 PM by Koeniou » THIS ROCKS   Logged
panul
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2008 05:07:13 AM »

It's looking great! And there's still quite a while until Christmas.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Koeniou
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2008 06:02:11 AM »

Yeah. I actually hope to finish by the end of this month. My mum just informed me that she wants me to make something for one of her friends as well before Christmas. Plus I'm doing a quick project to do for my sister in early September. Busy, busy, busy.

I finished the bear head tonight and I'll probably finish the other foot tonight too. Then only two bears to go + some presents. Go me go.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crafts4others
« Reply #164 on: September 01, 2008 08:07:25 PM »

I don't know if this is considered a big project, here is what they will hopefully look like when I am done. There are 4 napkins and on the table runner the Snowman w/his sign he is on both ends of it. I am making it for my sister and her family for Christmas.

http://www.herrschners.com/products/product.aspx?sku=540056
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slksnell
« Reply #165 on: September 08, 2008 12:23:06 PM »

That's really cute, my mom loves snowmen. I'm looking forward to seeing pics of it as you work on it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cirobi
« Reply #166 on: September 24, 2008 08:06:22 PM »

hey everyone!  it's been ages since i poked my head around here, so i thought i would stop by to say hello.  I do have an update on my project, but silly me downloaded the pictures to my laptop instead of my desktop so I will post the pictures in the morning.  I've spent a large part of the last three months doing on and off work with my project (a dimensions kit with a wizard and dragon).  My back surgery went extremely well, but I did nothing but cross stitch while reclining on my couch for the first two weeks post-op, haha.  It was a great way to get somewhat caught up, but probably not the best way to do so.   Grin  I looked through the progress updates folks posted and everyone's projects look fabulous.  Have a good night everyone and I'll post my pictures first thing tomorrow. 

~Cirobi
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty" ~The Cruxshadows
cirobi
« Reply #167 on: September 25, 2008 08:48:30 AM »

Hi everyone!  as mentioned, here are the progress shots for my big project.

Here is an image from the Dimensions kit cover of what it'll look like when I complete it:

When I picked up this project this summer, only the head of the wizard and the yellow shine from whatever spells he's casting were completed.  This image is where I was after doing nothing but reclining on my couch for about 2 weeks straight after I returned home from the hospital following my back surgery at the end of June.

This is approximately where I am now.  I took this image yesterday morning (9/24/2008) but got more done in the lower left corner while watching Dancing with the Stars and some UFC fighting with my bf.

Here's a close up of the bottom of the wizard:

And a close up of the dragon's tail and the rock it's standing on:

I'm currently working mostly in the lower left corner because the colors are lighter and easier to work with in the evenings when the lighting in my house is crappier/dimmer.  When I get chances to work on it during daylight hours I focus more on the darker colors of the dragon and rock since daylight works best to see the color differences.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty" ~The Cruxshadows
panul
« Reply #168 on: September 25, 2008 09:09:56 AM »

Wow, you're really coming along with that! I did a large project on black a couple of years ago and I found it really difficult. It's really a must to have a good light.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kittykill
Global Moderator
Guest Blogger
Needlework Moderator
Occasions and Holidays Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I got 99 problems, but a stitch ain't one.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #169 on: September 25, 2008 09:17:02 AM »

Wow! That is crazy! Great job so far.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog!
My pinterest
Proud member of SEEN: the Society of Ernestly Embroidering Nerds
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Behind the Scenes of Laura’s Prom Makeover
Angelina Jolie Goes to the Dark Side
Johnny Wujek Spills Prom Tips and Trends
What To Wear On A Date Versus A Night Out With The Girls
What To Wear On A Date Versus A Night Out With The Girls
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...