A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 296,744
Currently Running With Scissors:
452 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Big Project Stitchalong 2008  (Read 32392 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Mienna
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2008 12:07:20 AM »

I love that Lucky Fan! That is too neat.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

HSG
Global Moderator
Glass Crafts Moderator
Guest Blogger

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Oy Vey!

Margaritas & Facial Masks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2008 04:21:21 PM »

Thank you all for the compliments on my pieces! That will motivate me to go pick them up, and work. Smiley

I am in love with that challah cover. I have a thing for pinecones, because my mom does. You know how that goes.

Awesome work. I love the stain glass design too.

Could you explain what the symbols all mean and what a Challah is?

I'm Jewish, and Challah is the bread eaten on our Sabbath/holidays. When the blessing is made it is covered, and the Challah cover is used for that purpose.

The "Mizrach" is the English translation of the Hebrew word meaning East. When Jews pray they face east which is the direction of Jerusalem which is where the Holy Temple was, and the "Waling Wall" remains. So this piece would be hung on an East wall in the home.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008 05:40:09 PM »

I'm in for this stitchalong! I've been working on a rather large cross-stitch of Gustav Klimt's "La Vierge":

Yes, I'm an overachiever at times.  Roll Eyes Why couldn't I just pick something suitable for the beginner that I am?! I know I needed an image that would keep me interested, if I am to stay motivated enough to complete it, and this is one hell of an interesting image.

I started this piece last June, with a chart I made on darklilac.com, and I work on it sporadically (much less now that I'm a craftster addict!).  I'm about a third of the way through with the first side of the x-stitches, and getting that done is my goal for the year...I want to learn lots of stitches this year and improve what I already know, so that next year I can do a nice job of the finish-work, which won't necessarily be strictly cross-stitch, when I know what I'm doing. It would be gorgeous with lots of satin stitch and different textures, but it's on aida cloth so I don't yet know what my options are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

100 swaps completed! Thank you, Craftster family!
Mienna
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008 06:35:22 PM »

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see in progress pics.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008 12:42:28 AM »

That's beautiful! I can't wait to see in progress pics.

Here y'go!

It's just a bunch of speckles and blobs, for the most part.

A series of progress pics to the project's completion would make a great animated avatar, btw. Not for this project, but ones that are easier to see.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008 03:02:51 PM »

That's awesome! How big is it? It looks quite sizable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

calluna
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2008 03:25:44 PM »

That's awesome! How big is it? It looks quite sizable.

It's about 2.5 x 1.5 feet, on (I think) 16-count cloth. Monstrous, but fun.  I love your fuzzy bunny, Mienna!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mienna
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2008 03:37:03 PM »

Oh my goodness, that's big. I love my fuzzy bunnies too, they're both sweet and have so much personality. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Immaculata
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2008 12:05:52 PM »

I failed my goal for 2007, although I'm almost done. I'll post some pictures when I have more time.

I have several goals for 2008:
* Completing the linen sampler that I failed to complete in 2007 (almost done)
* Completing the Country Life Sampler from Cross Stitch Collection that I failed to  complete for my dad's birthday on December 30  Roll Eyes (3/4 done)
* Starting a Little House Needleworks sampler, I already have bought the pattern. (The moon and the stars twinkling over my head are hung from the night with invisible thread)
* Finishing a Winnie the Pooh initial that I've been wanting to make for forever. (Halfway done) I got this kit when I was 11, from my grandma, made a big mess of it and somehow managed to save the pattern, so I'm re-doing it again.
* Making a Tatty Teddy mailart for my aunt's birthday in April. She was the one who learned me to stitch but she can't stitch anymore because of physical reasons so she deserves a nice mailart. There's not many people for whom I'd make something as time consuming as a mail art, but she'll appreciate the work that went in it.
* Actually, I had some 20 more plans  Roll Eyes Tongue

See, that's why I never manage to do everything I'm planning to do.  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

troll1984
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2008 07:43:09 AM »

I'm new to craftster and would like to join this. I've been working on this cross-stitch since Sept. '06. I now have a little one, so would like to get it finished for him. The original goal was to have it done before he arrived, but that didn't work out.

http://www.janlynn.com/ahpimages/195-06001.jpg

I don't have any pics of my progress yet, but I'll get that up soon.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ashley's Wife, Austin and Allie's Mommy!

My Photography, My Blog, My Shop, My Wist
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 2 of 8
Art of Chinese Cooking - Food Basics Part 1 of 8
How to Make a Sushi Roll
How to Make Sushi
How to Make a Sushi Hand Roll
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...