A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Misplacement  (Read 5287 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011 12:30:13 AM »

wow, you plan ahead anitacj, you must love Halloween!  What are you going to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011 07:49:43 AM »

Lets see a shrine,some pumpkins, a halloween yearbook,bats.Just the usual I guess (shrugs shoulders).  Undecided,Just whatever my mood is in at the moment. Roll Eyes.But it depends also if I find time and the weather cooperates.A lot of it has to be done outside. Roll Eyes.Yeah i love fall &Halloween a lot.But my dh doesn't want anything to do with it  Cry,He doesn't want me to decorate or anything  Cry,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011 07:53:11 AM by anitacj » THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011 09:33:30 AM »

Found my box cutter  Grin.Now to do some serious cutting  Grin.Oh good grief I found that now I can't find the duct tape or my glue gun  Roll Eyes.{tears hair out and screams} Angry.Can someone just shoot me?I had the shrine in my hand and now I lost it  Roll Eyes.I don't believe this.never mind I found it again  Roll Eyes.found glue gun  Smiley.Now if I can just find the tape and spray paint.Then I'll be good to go  Grin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011 02:25:40 PM by anitacj » THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011 09:33:26 AM »

poor anitacj  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011 02:15:46 PM »

Happens a lot to me. That's why no one in the family is allowed to touch craft stuff, and tools only under supervision. I mostly find the stuff I misplaces myself because I have a kind of pattern when doing this (although it doesn't say I find it in time), but if someone else places it "somewhere" it's gone.
But even if my kids don't take stuff, them being around my crafts usually makes things evaporate. I'm not kidding. Craft items can do that. It's the only logical conclusion. Grin Grin
I usually craft with project boxes and project bags, which keep all the craft tools, and I have a friend who can't understand that I need several sets of needles, measuring tapes etc so it stays with the project, but that kind of helps if I remember to put everything back into the box.
If not, well... then things go missing faster than the speed of light. Yes. That is possible. I must have some happy unfinished amigurumi that are on their way to Alpha Centauri.
Hm, when reading through this thread, I was remembering seeing seamstresses with their scissors on a ribbon tied to their necks or their clothing. That sounds like something I should try Grin
Or a craft belt, with lots of jump rings to chain tools to Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011 02:45:48 PM »

@Ruby Copperhead: I'm so happy I'm not alone! When I need something it's gone! Really inconvenient if you want to work on a particular project and you need just that thing to make it!
That craftbelt is a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BelovedGoddess
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012 05:06:52 PM »

I often blame the ghost for lost items.

I'm not joking, lose things off my sewing desk all the time.  Sit there thinking "I haven't moved, where could have gone?"  Later I'll go back and it's in plain view, right where I left it - where I had been looking in the first place. 

Though a lot of the time it's just me putting something down and walking away but some of those times there's no other explanation other than the fact that someone else had a hand in moving it, when there's been no one around to have actually done it. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012 08:27:49 PM »

Anytime I'm not sewing, I sew my empty sewing bobbins at the ready, but as soon as I'm ready to sew, those bobbins decide to play hide and seek. Grr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I found these 4x5 plastic picture protectors and I want to fill them up with YOUR art. Let's swap.

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
Sera unravled
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012 11:41:34 AM »

I lost my darning foot for my sewing machine, right before I was going to start quilting. I still have not found it. I have a feeling that I wrapped it with someones christmas present. Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marypoppins

Duct Tape Rules!!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012 10:45:17 AM »

I know that I have gremlins that live with me.  Just last week, the bobbin cover to my Brother vanished.  I had not changed the bobbin since the last time I used my machine.  It was just gone.  I looked all around: under the machine, under the table, even through the trash.

Two days later, I go to get something and there was the cover, on the ground underneath my sewing table!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't call it trash...I can make something with it!!!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Ways to Keep Your Face From Aging
Behind the Beauty: Dree Hemingway
Beauty Metamorphosis: James Kaliardos Creates a Mermaid-Inspired Look
Top Picks For Perfumes And Fragrances
How to Fix Your Self-Tanning Mistakes with Celebrity Tanner Jimmy Coco
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...