A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 302,565
Currently Running With Scissors:
510 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Misplacement  (Read 5614 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

naturalcreation
Love and respect for all of God's critters :)

View Profile
« on: January 11, 2008 06:08:08 AM »

(~^:&^)*&)&_*&)_&_)

Where did I put that bleepin' purse.

(or earwires, or black velvet)

and my stuff is organized.

Commisserate with me... don't you hate it when you misplace a supply right in the middle of a project?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
IceDragon
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008 06:02:44 PM »

I do the "I'll put this in a safe place" bit...and then never manage to find it again...

I'm a disaster, actually, when it comes to being organised.

(although I rather more diplomatically call it "organised chaos") Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~ Dream ~ Realise ~ Achieve ~ Be ~
DancinInTheDark
Klutzy Paparazzi! ;]

Yeah, Train rocks. Best band ever!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008 08:48:27 PM »

Oh, yes, I do hate that.  Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Me + Craftster = LOVE. Wink
Hey soul sister, ain't that Mister Mister playin' on the stereo, radio? -Train
http://prodegebanners.sitegrip.com/images/swagbucks-173x63Alt1.jpg
Buglady

Herding cats & chasing beads

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008 10:01:22 PM »

Every. Damn. Day!!! I think the cats move my pens, and pliers, and so on. About the only tools I don't lose are my knitting needles, because they are attached! (and I am sure I'm going to have to eat those words sooner or later...).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Bead Bugs, suncatchers & unique jewellery - www.theartfulsalama nder.com
New Etsy shop! www.theartfulsalama nder.etsy.com
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008 01:24:59 PM »

I have that too !!
with siccors and needles and measuringtape ...
"I'll put it here, than I'll see it right away"
*few moments later
*Where did it go???!!!!!!!*
And you won't believe it but sometimes it just lays in front of my nose !!!!!!!
I am sooo blind sometimes ...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

non.sequitur
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008 06:50:46 PM »

I seriously do this every 5 minutes when I'm crafting (or doing anything else, now that I think about it...).
Sometimes I wonder how much I could accomplish if I didn't spend half my time looking--and looking again, and looking again--for the scissors I just set down 2 seconds ago.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I did it, I did it, I opened an etsy shop! http://ragaloorose.etsy.com
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2008 10:29:49 AM »

I was always losing my knitting loom hook.  Always.  So I started holding it in my mouth while wrapping the pegs.  Sure enough, many times when I've done this I've frantically dug through my surroundings looking for it, all the while having it hanging from my lips.

*sigh*

And scissors!  It doesn't take me as long to find those when I lose them because I'm almost always sitting on them, so that's the first place I look now.  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

guineverefree

I love happy endings, they are so rare. - Aro

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2008 10:44:20 AM »

Um, yeah.

When I crochet I periodically lose a hook which isn't too big of a deal because I have plenty so I just go get one of another size until the first on turns up.

However, I have limited knitting needles and it's really annoying to lose just one in the middle of a project. Sigh, my couch thinks their tasty.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

I have to send it WHEN?!?

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2008 01:29:47 PM »

I'd like to add to that it's partner annoyance:
buying something you already had but forgot about. 
How many times have I bought something for some project only to find a duplicate in my stash already... hahahaha.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2008 03:31:07 PM »

So true, Retromiad.... I don't even know how many 5.00mm crochet hooks I have...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Willowe
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2008 04:05:49 PM »

Ugh, I have this problem with crochet hooks ALL the time. I think I'm down to something like 3 or 4. Sad I've taken to keeping them in my pencil case at school, just so I know where they are.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Current Swaps:
     -None Smiley

My Etsy
My Pinterest
kstaron
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009 06:26:56 AM »

I can misplace a craft supply without getting up. I'll have my seam ripper. put it down to get the scissors, go to pick it up again and POOF gone like the wind.  I haven't gone anywhere. I could not physically have put it anywhere out of arm's reach yet somehow I won't find it for another week.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj
wist:anitacj77

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2011 02:14:48 PM »

Going through this right now GRRRR.Need to find my needle for cross-stitch project.Can I find it Heck no.of course not.Now I have to turn LR upside down to try to find the darn thing  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

look at wists for my likes & dislikes
meanlook
Mean Look

You want to look this mean!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2011 12:15:40 AM »

Oh it drives me crazy to lose something I need RIGHT NOW.  And sometimes I don't even have to move.  So annoying.

I start throwing things.   Embarrassed
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2011 05:43:41 AM »

This year I have gone through about 10 stitch counters.  It was really driving me crazy, I would literally be sitting and knitting and suddenly my counter was gone.  They were even disappearing from my sewing box when I had it sitting next to me.  Then yesterday I was vacuuming and decided to move the radiator covers to do a proper job, and there were ALL my stitch counters, lol.  I assume the cats were stealthily taking them right from under my nose!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rottenlittleboys

Inspiration without application is moot.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2011 06:26:29 AM »

This year I have gone through about 10 stitch counters.  It was really driving me crazy, I would literally be sitting and knitting and suddenly my counter was gone.  They were even disappearing from my sewing box when I had it sitting next to me.  Then yesterday I was vacuuming and decided to move the radiator covers to do a proper job, and there were ALL my stitch counters, lol.  I assume the cats were stealthily taking them right from under my nose!

LOL! Cheesy

I loose sewing needles in the back of the couch all of the time. I also have three pair of sewing scissors, three measuring tapes, three seam rippers and two row counters. See a theme? I am currently down to one seam ripper and one pair of scissors. I don't worry, the others will show up sooner or latter.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sheriffkarli
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2011 12:02:37 PM »

This happens to me all the time! It drivs me crazy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my crafting blog and tutorials at www.madebykarli.com
Demi_Kitten
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2011 02:47:40 AM »

Being in student accommodation is the worst for misplacing things, I have one room to hold everything and this pretty much means I can't organise anything. I'm considering making myself a lot of little tote bags that will be labelled and will hold only the items written on the bag, at least this way I should be able to make something without losing something important half way through.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Athena: Today I was beat in a weaving contest by a mortal, so I threw a little bit of a hissy fit at her, so she hung herself...long story short she's a spider and everyone thinks I'm a bitch. FML
Retromiad

« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2011 01:46:03 AM »

Demi, maybe some of those see through stackable boxes would be a good idea for your dorm room.  I use several in my craft room and they are a real life safer for the terminally unorganized, lol.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011 11:36:36 AM »

arrrrrgh.I am going through this now  Angry,I can't find my box cutter.And i need to start my halloween decorations Roll Eyes,
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2011 12:30:13 AM »

wow, you plan ahead anitacj, you must love Halloween!  What are you going to make?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2011 07:49:43 AM »

Lets see a shrine,some pumpkins, a halloween yearbook,bats.Just the usual I guess (shrugs shoulders).  Undecided,Just whatever my mood is in at the moment. Roll Eyes.But it depends also if I find time and the weather cooperates.A lot of it has to be done outside. Roll Eyes.Yeah i love fall &Halloween a lot.But my dh doesn't want anything to do with it  Cry,He doesn't want me to decorate or anything  Cry,
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011 07:53:11 AM by anitacj » THIS ROCKS   Logged

anitacj

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2011 09:33:30 AM »

Found my box cutter  Grin.Now to do some serious cutting  Grin.Oh good grief I found that now I can't find the duct tape or my glue gun  Roll Eyes.{tears hair out and screams} Angry.Can someone just shoot me?I had the shrine in my hand and now I lost it  Roll Eyes.I don't believe this.never mind I found it again  Roll Eyes.found glue gun  Smiley.Now if I can just find the tape and spray paint.Then I'll be good to go  Grin
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011 02:25:40 PM by anitacj » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retromiad

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2011 09:33:26 AM »

poor anitacj  Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ruby Copperhead
Tutorial Contributor

« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011 02:15:46 PM »

Happens a lot to me. That's why no one in the family is allowed to touch craft stuff, and tools only under supervision. I mostly find the stuff I misplaces myself because I have a kind of pattern when doing this (although it doesn't say I find it in time), but if someone else places it "somewhere" it's gone.
But even if my kids don't take stuff, them being around my crafts usually makes things evaporate. I'm not kidding. Craft items can do that. It's the only logical conclusion. Grin Grin
I usually craft with project boxes and project bags, which keep all the craft tools, and I have a friend who can't understand that I need several sets of needles, measuring tapes etc so it stays with the project, but that kind of helps if I remember to put everything back into the box.
If not, well... then things go missing faster than the speed of light. Yes. That is possible. I must have some happy unfinished amigurumi that are on their way to Alpha Centauri.
Hm, when reading through this thread, I was remembering seeing seamstresses with their scissors on a ribbon tied to their necks or their clothing. That sounds like something I should try Grin
Or a craft belt, with lots of jump rings to chain tools to Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Riechan
~What is this feeling?~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2011 02:45:48 PM »

@Ruby Copperhead: I'm so happy I'm not alone! When I need something it's gone! Really inconvenient if you want to work on a particular project and you need just that thing to make it!
That craftbelt is a great idea!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BelovedGoddess
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2012 05:06:52 PM »

I often blame the ghost for lost items.

I'm not joking, lose things off my sewing desk all the time.  Sit there thinking "I haven't moved, where could have gone?"  Later I'll go back and it's in plain view, right where I left it - where I had been looking in the first place. 

Though a lot of the time it's just me putting something down and walking away but some of those times there's no other explanation other than the fact that someone else had a hand in moving it, when there's been no one around to have actually done it. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged

amalgam

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012 08:27:49 PM »

Anytime I'm not sewing, I sew my empty sewing bobbins at the ready, but as soon as I'm ready to sew, those bobbins decide to play hide and seek. Grr...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Have an UFO(Unfinished Object) that you want to see get done? Join the Finish My UFO Swap! http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=433415.0#axzz31MVlWM80

http://www.wists.com/liko_2000
http://pinterest.com/liko_2000
Sera unravled
« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2012 11:41:34 AM »

I lost my darning foot for my sewing machine, right before I was going to start quilting. I still have not found it. I have a feeling that I wrapped it with someones christmas present. Lol
THIS ROCKS   Logged

marypoppins

Duct Tape Rules!!!

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012 10:45:17 AM »

I know that I have gremlins that live with me.  Just last week, the bobbin cover to my Brother vanished.  I had not changed the bobbin since the last time I used my machine.  It was just gone.  I looked all around: under the machine, under the table, even through the trash.

Two days later, I go to get something and there was the cover, on the ground underneath my sewing table!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Don't call it trash...I can make something with it!!!
dewshinesdopp
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012 03:34:45 PM »

Oh yes.  I get the "organizing" bug, and try to put things away all neat and tidy, then lose things for MONTHS.  I have "reorganized" my craft room a dozen times, and found tons of cool stuff...only to lose what I was working on twenty minutes earlier.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Breegy

Craft On!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: June 26, 2012 09:42:05 PM »

Eck, I hate this. I used a roll of magnet strip last week and this week when I have a brilliant new magnetic craft idea, it's no where to be found! I've torn apart my whole house looking for it! And go figure, they don't have any more at my local stores, so I have to wait until I have a reason to go to the city and pick one up then!

Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Alabee
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2012 09:02:03 PM »

If I'm not crafting at the time I can tell you exactly where something is, but as soon as I start taking out things to use they disappear! And they either end up in my hand, right in front of my face or in really weird places - like my sewing scissors in my toiletry bag or paint brushes under the water heater.

On the other hand my best friend can call me up and ask me where her top/shoes/crafting item/official document is and I can tell her. Which is really really weird as we either spend time together out or at my place.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~ Douglas Adams
mrsflibble

will work for yarn

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2012 09:16:39 AM »

I now have an organised craftspace. and can find even less than before"!!!! where's my jar of eyes? my pot of lobster clips? where the heck is my size 4 crochet hook?!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pinwheel Cherry Pie Recipe
How to Make a Cornmeal-Berry Sheet Cake
How to Make a Tequila-Soaked Pineapple on Grilled Pound Cake
How to Make Grilled Pineapple Skewers with Caramel Syrup Drizzle
Pear and Vanilla French Toast Bake Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...