A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,115
Currently Running With Scissors:
717 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "dirty thirty" themed birthday?  (Read 36639 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

neverseenblue
« on: January 10, 2008 07:13:15 PM »

Does anyone have any ideas for what I could do for a "dirty thirty" themed birthday party?

I thought it might be funny to make the invitations be embedded in clear bars of soap (haha - get it...dirty??). But after that I am at a loss. I'm not really very good at planning parties...  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

BoxOfRocks
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008 08:36:55 PM »

Sometimes local adult shops throw sales parties akin to Tupperware parties.  I attended one once when an acquaintance threw one for a mutual friend's bachelorette party.

You could also make these butt cookies.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
slackferno
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2008 10:30:09 AM »

Serve "dirty" drinks like Dirty Martinis, Mudslides, and Sand in Your Shorts.
      Play Christina Aguilera's "Drrrty" cd.
      Paint tiny terra cotta pots with the theme and the date and fill them with potting soil.  Give them out as party favors with packets of wildflower seeds.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
neverseenblue
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2008 11:13:58 AM »

cute ideas slackferno!! I love the terra cotta pots/potting soil seeds idea. And the "dirty" drinks - brilliant! I like the idea of playing on the "dirt" theme.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2008 11:23:48 AM by neverseenblue » THIS ROCKS   Logged

neverseenblue
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2008 11:22:46 AM »

oh! and maybe I could make one of those "dirt" cakes - I remember having them when I was a kid - you use oreo crumbs to make the "dirt" - good ideas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

laceylovespink
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008 07:20:39 PM »

a cute parting gift would be a little bottle of bath bubbles (like the ones from bath and body works) with your own printed label that had 'thanks for attending XXXXX's dirty thirty' or something like that.

The oreo dirt cups would be cute around the cake...if it's an adult party you could use the gummy candy available at adult stores....or just the worms if not...

a fun game is to get the 'down and dirty' on the birthday boy/girl. Ask ten questions that no one would probably know to the birthday boy/girl before the party and then ask them to the party participants at the party and have them write the answers down. the person with the most right answers is the winner Smiley

another weird game would be to have little bags full of that moon sand on plates and have your guests mold things with the 'dirt' and the winning design at the end of the party wins...ok, weird but I'd have fun doing it Smiley

chocolate martini's with the rims dipped in cocoa would be super cute....candles all around on dishes of dirt would be weird cool too Smiley

Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
neverseenblue
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2008 12:10:27 PM »

thanks laceylovespink - those are some great ideas!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Tools of the Trade
Low Light Digital Photography
Simple Supplementary Lighting
Finding and Archiving Digital Images
Photographing Black and White Images
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #97-Container Crafting
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...