A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 300,947
Currently Running With Scissors:
438 Guests and 5 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Input on my wedding ideas (image heavy) **UPDATE** Pictures pg 6**  (Read 6959 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starveil101
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2008 09:03:01 PM »

I like both these versions a lot too.  The 1st one looks more like a standard invitation, and the 2nd like a save-the-date card, or RSVP or something?  It's just the angles of the paper that make it look different.  If I had to choose though, I'd probably choose the 2nd one! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rhettsmommy
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2008 02:42:07 AM »

I like the 2nd one with the mongram behind the names. Great work!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehinders
Crafting to avoid real work.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2008 05:24:13 PM »

Okay, so I've been messing with invites a bunch more and finally came up with one that I really like. I stole some ideas from Matuta's designs. (Thanks for the help! Grin) Don't put too much stock in the colors. I noticed that when I saved the image as a JPEG it changed the colors a little. I finally got them all to match even though it doesn't really look like it!  Wink

« Last Edit: February 07, 2008 07:42:59 AM by ehinders » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheBon

We are without leeches or wenches.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2008 09:30:32 PM »

I'm not sure how much white space you've alloted at the top and bottom of this most recent redesign, but in my opinion, white space is an absolute must. You don't want to pack everything in but you want to give some breathing room to the top and bottom.

There's something about your monogram that seems a little off to me. I love distressed fonts, but there are so many whirligigs on that font that it's a little hard to read. Also, the flourish coming off the top of the E gives you a lot of space between the e and the ampersand but then you have almost no space between that and the D. Makes the monogram seem off-balance. I also think the hydrangea is upping the difficulty with readability of the monogram.

I'm a big fan of using a different font/color to set the couple's name apart from the rest of the text. A non-script font gives a lot of pow in a sea of scriptiness.

Just some ideas, feel free to take into account only the pieces that you want to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

graphic designer, illustrator, all around nerd.

my wists!
I take pictures everywhere!
ehinders

« Reply #54 on: February 07, 2008 07:48:34 AM »

Thanks for the input. Part of the reason it's actually hard to read is that when I save the picture as a JPEG it blurs it for some reason. It's easy to read in the editing program I'm using but can't figure out how to save it as a JPEG in there. I'm going to actually print a couple to make sure, as you can't tell till you do. The font looks like a stamp, but without the work (which is why I like it!)  Wink I have thought of cutting off the extra stuff on the E, but not sure if I can do it without making it look weird. I'll post pics when I get my printer to work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
BethAlice
« Reply #55 on: March 13, 2008 06:35:57 PM »

Just thought I'd add my two cents.. I just got married last summer with almost no $ but lots of ideas- I think my favorite and least expensive contribution was something my little sister came up with. She got some very inexpensive but lovely hexagonal jam jars from www.specialtybottle.com and just dropped votive candles in my wedding colors right in them. I suppose if we'd had more time we could have gotten really intense and poured our own candles in really great scents - but it was not that way and it still looked *amazing*. The faceted sides caught the light beautifully especially at night... just a thought.

B
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ehinders

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2008 03:53:05 PM »

Yay! Finally feel like I'm getting things accomplished! Okay, so here are a bunch of pics of decorations and stuff so far.

Mock Table setup:

Centerpiece Closeup:

Closeup of insulators: (these are old fashioned glass insulators that were used on old telephone wires) I am planning on painting the wood blocks white and drilling a hole so that the insulators will sit in there  upside down without tipping over.

Buckets for the church pews:

And finally a basket for cards: (if you look closely it is sitting on a cute table I plan to use somewhere also)

Sorry for the picture overload, I just got excited about everything!! Smiley 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
one_fine_day
She's Electric.

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 11, 2008 04:13:55 PM »

This may sound strange but I wouldn't set out a card basket. You would be surprised about this but people love stealing cards. I will have mine in a cardboard box with a slip cut into it. That is wrapped in wrapping paper.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

In the morning I'd awake and couldn't remember...
What is love and what is hate, the calculations error.

http://www.myspace.com/onefine_day

http://yourheartattackclothing.ecrater.com
(coming soon!!!)
matuta

separated and now back again

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 11, 2008 08:12:26 PM »

I agree ... my cousin had several stolen (with cash!) from her wedding, from an open type basket ... better to make a closed box and put it in a safe spot right away.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Predator Effect in Sony Vegas
How to Get Media Ready - DVD Studio Pro
How to Make a Title Sequence - Final Cut Pro 6
How to Use Color Correction - Final Cut Pro
How to Create Glowing Streaks - Motion 3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...