A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,165
Currently Running With Scissors:
349 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: fun gifts to "ask" friends to be in my wedding?  (Read 1221 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morbidlovexox
« on: April 10, 2008 01:16:45 PM »

I've been bitten by the wedding planning bug again. school needs to be over!

so I was making my bouquets this weekend and realized I had never officially asked anyone to be in my wedding! (neither has my man) we are having three attendants each and we both wanted to make something special to "ask" our friends to be there for us on our big day. since many of our friends live in other towns I would like them to be affordable to mail if we can't hand deliver them (which is still an option) but I'm stumped! I've been looking for hours! nothing seems fun or "us" and I as well as the man wanted to make something together that would be fun for boys and girls. this is the only thing he has expressed interest in other than the honey moon. haha. any suggestions are needed welcome and much appreciated!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
Kpooh
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008 01:50:44 PM »

Tell us more about the two of you, what you like/dislike, any hobbies? Cooking? BBQing? Sports?

What do your friends like? Any special projects you all have participated in together??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

morbidlovexox
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008 10:43:32 PM »

well our friends are rather diverse now that I think about it.

we want my sister and brother in law to participate. my sister is a fellow craftster and they used to own a bbq restaurant together. I want my long time friend also, she is entering med school and is very fond of music as is my fiancee's old friend ( they have played in multiple bands together ) I also want my other long time friend to come (she lives in another state) she loves horses and most other animals. my fiancee wants his brother to be the best man, he likes video games and girls. haha

anyway all of them except for my fiancee's friend and bother live out of town. I guess what we all have in common is a love and appreciation of music and creativity.

I wanted to get/make all of the attendants something to invite them to, and say thank you for being a part of our wedding. I wanted to personalize a part of the gift, but also have a common theme...

still stumped...

music...?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
eternallyeve
Tutorial Contributor

Live - Love - Create

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008 05:52:24 PM »

If you are all musically inclined, how about a home-made cd (if you don't mind singing  Cheesy) with altered lyrics asking them to be apart of your big day? Or you could write them letters using altered lyrics to get your message across. To be honest, with a med-school friend I would be inclined to post off a little anatomically-correct heart box (probably polymer clay) with the request inside, lol. But that's my wierd sense of humour. In fact I would probably alter the idea for your horse loving friend and have a little horse give birth to the wedding request.. Ok is this just getting weird?  Undecided

For your fiance's brother how about some sort of pop-up card where a scantily clad girl pops out of a playstation (nintendo, whatever his addiction is.  Wink) and requests his attendance at the wedding?

Your sister and brother in law could be invited with an altered recipe themed letter. You know 'take one sister, stir with brother in law, add generous amounts of wedding vows... etc etc'

Honestly I think I like the cd the most, it's a bit tamer and something you can do for each and it's still personal. If you don't like singing could you have someone blend together some song lyrics for a personalised message. Kinda like an audible version of a cut-up magazine ransom note I suppose.  Cheesy

Oh boy, I am a little odd  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Come visit me Smiley
Website - Gallery - Blog - Tutorials - Store

Our collaborative craft blog!
Hand Made-n's
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008 07:59:08 PM »

How about mailing a cootie catcher with directions on how to use it? Then when they open it, it will say "You will be a bridesmaid in the near future" or something like that?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
morbidlovexox
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2008 08:07:53 PM »

I love the recipe idea thats so great!

and ummm...

whats a cootie catcher?  Embarrassed I really have no idea. hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kittenana
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2008 08:32:43 PM »

Cootie catchers are those paper fortune-teller things where you count to a certain number or spell out a color until you get to the inside flap to reveal your fortune.

You could put the same message in a fortune cookie.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
thekster
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2008 09:11:12 PM »

Awww the cootie catcher (I must admit, I didn't know what they were either) and the recipe things are cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Mishymishy
but you can call me Liz.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2008 12:52:26 PM »

Cootie Catcher:
http://www.girlpower.gov/GIRLAREA/gamespuz/cootiecatcher.htm

I was googling images and found this really fancy pants one, to give you an idea id you want to to look nice. Mine as a kid were never that fancy  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm not a woman, I'm a force of nature.

Trying to crochet a star blanket but can't start it? Check out my tutorial for help!
thekster
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2008 07:16:50 PM »

Haha mine weren't ever that fancy either. I used to make them all the time, but we always just called them fortune tellers.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The UltraMind Solution Book Trailer
Tim Gunn Reveals a Few Tips and Greets Fans
Meet Author Daisy Fuentes
Alysia Sofios Talks About Where Hope Begins
Show No Mercy Book Trailer
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...