A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 298,250
Currently Running With Scissors:
488 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Getting married on a miniscule budget, in less than two months...HEELLLLPPPP!  (Read 4211 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

cabritoesneato
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2008 01:01:19 PM »

You should totally do one of those giant party sub sandwiches.  Just lay that bad boy out on a table and arrange some little bowls of veggies or chips or something around artistically, and poof!  Instant buffet!  You can serve sodas out of a cooler.  And for added flair, make one of your buddies a cute weddingy apron to wear, and have them carve off slices of the monster sandwich to serve to people.  It would totally go with a picnic theme, and it would be really fun and silly.  And those things feed A LOT of people for not very much money.  You can get one from Subway, and they only require a day's notice, I think.

(For the record, I suggested this to my own FH, but I think he's concerned that his mom [<cough>uptight<cough>] wouldn't dig it so much.  I, personally, would love to go to a super-casual outdoor picnic wedding that served a giant sandwich, but maybe that's just me.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
redheadedrowdy
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2008 07:12:07 PM »

I second the sandwich idea. Those giant sandwiches from Subway are AWESOME. There's so much meat on them...they are fantastic. We used to save up meal-plan points in college and then buy one at the end of the semester, since we had a Subway on campus.
You could have someone cut them ahead of time so nobody would know that they're not 2398279382 homemade sandwiches (actually it's already a giant sectioned sandwich, since they don't make bread long enough.. bummer).. but personally I think the effect of the giant sized sandwich is really cool and would be lost that way.. heh.
Some grocery store delis do them too. I used to work at Publix Supermarket and it was $56 for a giant sub there, which <I think> was way more than Subway's. Definitely feasible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Divagirl
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2008 11:59:02 AM »

I had a wedding on a budget.

My whole wedding cost $174 (not including rings and dress).It helps that I am a coupon queen. Do you have a friend that cooks good? It doesnt have to be fancy, just good. If so, bring them in to cook for you. My wedding had Chicken Mole, rice, beans and tortillas and a green salad. You can save money by having tea for the drinks. Buying chicken in quarters is reasonable and they are always somewhere on sale. Also, you can easily make chicken mole in a crockpot. At party supplies stores (here its PartyPig) you can get disposable chafing dishes for about $4 or $7 each. I know that Big Lots also carries them. I like the butcher paper idea for the tops of tables.

Some friends of mine had a potluck wedding--it was a blast! They made chili and everyone brought side dishes. Surprisingly it was a BIG hit.

My best friend is getting married in about a month and she is having a budget wedding too so we will be going over these ideas later today for her wedding...

It doesnt matter if you have a small budget wedding or a big expensive wedding, you are not married any more or less then anyone else. Smiley

Be sure to let us know what you planned...dying to know how it turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Whistling Past the Graveyard by Susan Crandall
Chantress by Amy Butler Greenfield
Katy Butler Gives Tips on the End of Life
Katy Butler Explains the Final Stages of Life
Cathy Erway on Honing Your Interests
Latest Blog Articles
October 29, 2014 Featured Projects
Craft Challenge #103, Foodie Frenzy 2 Winner
Tute Tuesday: Upcycled Car Trash Bag with Liner

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...