A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News:  Vote now for your favorite craft challenge entry!  THREE amazing Ticketmaster prizes up for grabs this month.  Who will get one?
Total Members: 301,595
Currently Running With Scissors:
494 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Flower washcloth (or whatever you want it to be)  (Read 10260 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

daria

and how does lemur skin reflect the sea?

View Profile WWW
« on: January 30, 2004 06:02:59 AM »

Hey everyone,
This pattern is from the book "Weekend Knitting".  They have a lot of great patterns in there but be warned: It is not for the faint of heart.  It isn't intended for beginners.  I consider myself to be an intermediate knitter but the intarsia on some of these patterns make my head hurt.

Anyhoo, thought this flower pattern was cute.  It says it can be used as a washcloth but I think it can be whatever the hell you want it to be (ie. coaster, potholder, etc.).

http://hometown.aol.com/yossarian1213/myhomepage/flower%20power.jpg?mtbrand=AOL_US

« Last Edit: October 21, 2011 11:48:55 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Jose brought up the blueprints for a new ranch house. . .I have this strange feeling that the blueprints and the knitting instructions got switched. . ."

I May Be Knitting A Ranch House
firefly

the giant tree starts as a tiny sprout.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2004 06:10:16 AM »

that's gorgeous-love that color.
it might make an adorable hat if a headband sort-of-thing could be added so that the petals drape down in the shape of the head.  does that make sense?
like a little tinkerbell cap. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midtowner

Where did I put that needle/bead/yarn...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2004 06:25:36 AM »

Pretty!

The pattern is also in Interweave Knits magazine, Winter 2004, as an excerpt from the book.  

That flower is on my long list of projects to do, one of these days. I've got some bright blue chenille for it, from a sweater I deconstructed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kbutterfield
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2004 07:20:44 PM »

At first I was intimidated by this pattern! But..... turns out that this is a great pattern for a quick project/gift. I made quite a few for xmas this year and got a lot of compliments. Only problem...everyone said they weren't going to use them!  I bought some little bars of soap and some trial sized lotions at Bath & Body Works and wrapped them in the cloths for presents. Have some on stand-by to give for those occasions that sneak up on you. I usually have one going at any given time.....it is a relatively easy pattern to memorize (have even knitted up one in a dark bar). I tend to lose myself in a project...not sure how many more rows, etc (still not very good about keeping track) and this one you can kind of eyeball. Final note, I have found that the colored cotton chenille can be more on the expensive side ($7 / skein or so) but my LYS had some in Natural for about $3.50 / skein so I have been making them in Natural....they still look very nice and are so soft and squishy......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rule #3 of Knittin Club
If someone says stop, goes limp or taps out - the knittin' is over.
fuzzybub
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2004 02:20:47 PM »

I made a bunch of these for christmas presents - they're a lot of fun.  I made some smaller ones as well.  I think I only went up to 17 stitches on the petals?  I can't remember.  Anyway,  the small size works well for facecloths.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2004 11:02:55 AM »

hi there:

i also made this washcloth from the book and like it a lot - although mine looks a lot more like a starfish than a flower.  here's a picture so you can see what I mean:

am I doing something wrong when i'm knitting the petals, do you think?  i followed the pattern exactly - maybe I'm slipping those last stitches wrong?  I still dig the cloth - it's super-soft and sooooo nice to wash my face with - but just wondrin'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
firehead4

Wanna Make Something of It?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2004 10:43:51 AM »

Those would be so beautiful hung up all over a wall!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Practicing Random Acts of Creativity

Follow Me at...
http://artforcoffeessake.blogspot.com/
http://youtu.be/Q73M5hiqktA
abberdabber
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2004 03:04:24 PM »

Gloriana - Did you block it?  Mine was all misshapen but while blocking I stretched it into shape.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gloriana
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2004 08:16:50 PM »

heh heh.... er, no.  I guess that would help, right?  Oh well, I guess my next one will be a flower and this one will have to remain a starfish.  I'm so lazy about stuff like blocking... gonna have to get better about that.  Thanks for the tip.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my knitblog - A Mingled Yarn
http://amingledyarn.wordpress.com
craftypixie

opinions were like kittins, I was giving them away

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2004 09:58:57 AM »

Shocked
Oh these are so pretty I have the winter 2004 interweave mag and I'm hoping someday within the next few months to attempt these little puppies. At the Hancock fabric here in Denver they have all their lion sensations chenille 30% so I picked up a few skeins specifiacally to make these!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Ferb Fletcher from Phineas and Ferb
How to Draw Dan Bashin from Battle Spirits: Shounengekiha Dan
How to Draw Rygart Arrow from Broken Blade
How to Draw Rapunzel from Tangled
How to Draw Kate from Alpha and Omega
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Souvenir Tea Towel Pillow
Spotlight on: Making Toys
May 27, 2015 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...