A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
470 Guests and 14 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: I ironed, prayed and ripped!  (Read 1455 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

BabyGirlBling
I love my Coastie and my Coastie loves me....... and my crafting addiction!

View Profile WWW
« on: January 08, 2008 07:48:44 PM »

I made a transfer tonight with a brand of transfer paper that I hadn't used before. Big mistake! It was shiny and the parts that were supposed to be clear were white and it just overall looked poopy (and very amature). So what's a girl to do? Come to see if any of my fellow Craftster's have done the same thing.

Looking through the posts I couldn't find a way to totally remove the transfer but the one tip that kept coming up was to re-iron the transfer with printer paper between the transfer and the iron. I figured what the hey. The shirt's already ruined what's the worse that could happen? (Besides catching my house on fire!  Cheesy)

So I ironed, prayed and ripped......... Well wouldn't you know all the white parts that messed up the whole look were on the paper, the shine was gone and my design looks EXACTLY how I envisioned it! YAY! I'm so happy I can't even tell you!

I really thought that the shirt was ruined but instead I have something new to wear tomorrow! Yay! THANK YOU FELLOW CRAFTSTERS!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I love swapping! PM me if your interested. I make custom jewelry and awesomer than awesome bags/purses!
http://www.myspace.com/Burnt_Toast_Designs Visit my Myspace page for examples of my work.
I love taking requests for custom items!
Techitoes
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009 10:18:28 PM »

I think the secret is "ripped."  Back when I learned stone lithography in college, one of the key mantras was "slow lays down, fast picks up."
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Art Inside Toilet Paper Rolls
Ghost Bike
Classic Wrecks: The Rusted Car as Art
Off Book: Book Art in the Digital Era
Off Book: Street Art
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...