A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Need help? Click the HELP link at the top of the screen to read the docs or ask at the Help Desk.
Total Members: 302,330
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: man-gagement ring?  (Read 9915 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

thekster
« Reply #40 on: November 18, 2008 10:19:26 AM »

Awww that ring is so pretty!! If I hadn't already given my boy one, I'd get that one. I love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
floydh2
« Reply #41 on: November 19, 2008 05:12:37 PM »

i asked my boy if he would wear a ring and he said NO! haha he plays baseball for our college and would have to take it on and off to much and he doesnt really like right that much anyway.....i told him i was upset that he wouldnt wear one haha im not really and he knew it so it didnt work.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
morbidlovexox
« Reply #42 on: November 22, 2008 07:10:03 PM »

what about when he gets an actual wedding ring?! tell him to get a tattoo. that's what me and my hubby did a few weeks ago.  Cheesy hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
mimsyborogove

Working hard or hardly working...eh, the latter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2008 06:50:09 PM »

When P and I realized we were getting serious, he gave me his purity ring to wear- just a silver ring on a brown string. I wore it every day until he proposed. Now he wears the ring as his man-gagement ring. We've even talked about, if we have a son, giving him the ring. Keeping it in the family, so to speak. ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My everyday blog: http://charmypants.blogspot.com

And my sewing blog: http://gidgettwidgett.blogspot.com

And my Etsy:
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6534740

I make lots of stuff...want me to make anything for you?

Also...Disney owns my life. Just so you know.
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2008 04:49:35 PM »

i really love the idea, i think my boyfriend would love a ring, the first thing i thought was a plain silver or platinum or titanium ring, and the same for me.
he would look awesome-ly cute Smiley
i  think his hands are very pretty  Roll Eyes
and he would totally wear it

oh and :
A comment on titanium rings - from my mother the jeweler. They can't be cut off in the event of an accident/trip to the ER. Nor can they be resized. The rings are beautiful!

interesting about the accident thing, it is definitely something to consider, specially if your job is liable to accidents...

maybe i'll stick with the plain silver idea...
or...
i'm thinking surgical steel (maybe because i study medicine and i'm taking "surgery" right now? Cheesy)
and i read this: "The chromium gives the metal its scratch-resistance and corrosion resistance "
 Is a plus comparing to the silver ones, that usually get scratches...

what does the jeweler mommy thinks?? Smiley
« Last Edit: November 25, 2008 05:09:28 PM by camilaustral » THIS ROCKS   Logged

gimmemoresalad
« Reply #45 on: November 28, 2008 11:17:08 PM »

My current engagement ring came from a quarter machine at Walmart.

When funds allow (read: after college), I get to pick out my own ring =D  Which works out well for him in the end, because the ones I like the best are WAY cheaper than anything a guy worrying about possible rejection would dare to get on one knee with.  (*He* wasn't worried about rejection, I'm just sayin' he's getting to miss out on pressure to pick out something expensive.)  And he gets one too, at the same time.  That part was his idea, but I love it.  He likes jewelry, he's very sentimental and romantic... it just suits.  In our relationship, it wouldn't make any kind of sense for him not to have an engagement ring if I had one.

For now, he wears my high school class ring.

Ooh, and we got engaged at the Poe Museum because we'd already picked that out as the place we want to get married (yeah, I know we were doing it backwards, lol), so my REAL REAL engagement "thing" is a pewter keychain he bought me in the gift shop after proposing that's shaped like a heart with "We loved with a love that was more than love" engraved on one side.  It looks like this:  (yay for the website having a pic, btw)

http://www.poemuseum.org/images/store/keychain-heart.jpg
« Last Edit: November 29, 2008 07:31:19 AM by EmilyFlew - Reason: please don't hotlink images from other sites » THIS ROCKS   Logged
CraftyMcCrafterson

art should not exist for the sake of itself

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 28, 2008 11:36:10 PM »

I am also a diamond hater... I do loves sparklies I just don't like the whole backstory to diamonds. My engagement ring has lab created champagne diamonds though. I like labs and science so it's cool Smiley I don't think anyone died in the creation of my ring so that's good.

I gave my boy one of my many rings many moons ago. I wear a lot of rings on both my hands and one night I took on of my silver bands off and he still keeps it on his key ring. My fingers are way to small for it to fit him but I like knowing that a piece of me is with him always. *aww gush*

Also, I'd like to note that as crafty people we are sensitive and I think we like the idea of sentiment more than most people. Our sentiment sometimes takes form in objects... like rings Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://dianneofalltrades.blogspot.com/

Looking for dead pointe shoes.
SesSpringett
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008 03:19:12 PM »

my boy wears one. I got it from etsy just before we got engaged but as I was surprised somewhat it hadn't arrived!! He won't wear it after the wedding because he broke his knuckle on his right hand so it doesn't fit Sad Ah well. Here's a photo -
http://ny-image0.etsy.com/il_430xN.46329976.jpg
It's nicer in real life! And here's mine - hardly the traditional engagement ring but i ADORE it!
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/a4/c/AAAAAl6WNy8AAAAAAKTO2Q.jpg?v=1196669343000
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008 10:37:41 AM by jungrrl - Reason: Please do not hotlink images - thanks! » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out the bloggity blog at www.astareal.co.uk
angeltreats
« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2008 03:28:25 PM »

Is that ring wooden?  It's lovely.  My husband liked the idea of a wooden ring but we couldn't find one, and I'd be worried about how long it would last if it got wet etc.  His wedding ring is titanium and it was difficult enough to get him to agree to wear that, so no he didn't have an engagement ring.

SesSpringett, I love your butterfly ring, it's really unusual and pretty Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brookelynne
« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008 07:47:53 AM »

I love that ring! It's really similar to the one I wanted to get my fiance, but he liked it better as an actual wedding ring so I think that something different is in call forthe engagement part.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Chicken Fingers
How to Make Bacon - Part 3
How to Make Chocolate Epiphany with Chef Francois Payard
How to Make Potatoes Au Gratin
How To Make Turkey Stuffing
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: A Pod of Narwhals
Hey, it's summer. Go outside!
Meatless Monday: Chia Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...