A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,659
Currently Running With Scissors:
467 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: man-gagement ring?  (Read 8685 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

starveil101
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2008 09:08:18 PM »

Wow... I remember doing coin rings in my 9th grade art class!!  Be very careful doing it!!  I cut myself pretty bad on my finger when I was sawing away at the inside!
Other than that, that's a really cool idea!!  If I wasn't so worried that it wouldn't come out 'professionaly' like my other one didn't, I think my fiance would actually prefer a handmade wedding band.  Maybe I'll look at the link and see if they did anything different that would work better Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2008 09:40:25 PM »

as far as i can tell, no sawing is involved - there is some hammering and drilling, but i think i can do it  Cheesy

i'm worried about it turning out crappy, too - that's why i ordered two, just in case.  ...and i haven't told him about it, so if i fail, he'll never have to know.   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
thekster
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2008 10:06:07 PM »

Aw that's neat! The only problem I'd see with it is if he works with his hand, it seems like it would get dented/scratched really easy. I love it though! I was going to ask if 1961 was significant until I read the post further and found out that it has to be before 64. I wonder why I've never heard of that before... for some reason, I was imagining you stretching it out and then shaping it into a ring hah
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Elbow grease is the best polish!
"If I hold my tongue just right, and I hold my breath...it will work." - Carol Duvall

www.facebook.com/kernkerncrafts  

the link is calling to you! click it and enjoy. enjoy, damn you!
macaulkv
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2008 12:38:42 PM »

damn straight i gave my man a ring! admitedly sometime after he proposed...i bought it from accessoryalamode on etsy. it's a silver ring with the word "taken" hand-stamped on it. the boy loves it!

http://www.etsy.com/view_transaction.php?transaction_id=5419332

super cheap and super cute!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ruby_soho

That's what she said.

« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2008 12:50:24 PM »

wow, those ARE cheap!  i like the stamped look...   Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

i care about you a homemade oven mitt's worth.
krystie
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2008 03:07:13 PM »

I proposed to my fiance on our 1000 day anniversary. I was originally going to do it on the 3-year, but I kinda thought he might have planned on that date, and I ended up being right. So I beat him to it, which he didn't mind Smiley

The ring I went down on my knee with is X-rated, so he doesn't really get to show it off much. After I proposed, we picked out our engagement (finger) rings together at titaniumera.com. We both ride motorcycles frequently, so a solitaire would have stuck up too much and gotten caught in the gloves. They're both tension-set titanium. His is a diamond, and mine is a sapphire, which I'm constantly falling more and more in love with Cheesy The wedding bands are matching titanium. I was never really ecstatic about diamonds, but even though his is a small one, it's very bright, and I like looking at it.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Diamond_Profile.jpg   http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Sapphire_Profile.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Rings-Blurry_Small.jpg

Ps. I want to see some pics of other man-gagement rings! Tongue Those stamped ones look really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Cloud_9
« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2008 12:35:06 PM »

I just skimmed down through this so I don't know if anyone mentioned this already, if they have I'm sorry for repeating it but.......

This year is a leap year so women are allowed to propose to men on the 29th of February!!!! 2 days left to get the man-gagement ring then!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sometonguewithakiss
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2008 11:02:07 AM »

My man and I didn't have rings when we first got engaged, but as soon as we could afford it we each bought a ring for the other. Although he loves his ring, he doesn't wear it to work for fear of damaging it. I can understand how some men aren't comfortable with jewelry, I'm not comfortable with it either. The first year or so wearing my ring was uncomfortable (and frustrating when people demanded they see it), but I got used to it and I'm sure they would too if they gave it a chance. It's just one ring.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
selkie

Duct tape and zipties will fix EVERYTHING!

« Reply #38 on: November 14, 2008 12:10:59 PM »

A comment on titanium rings - from my mother the jeweler. They can't be cut off in the event of an accident/trip to the ER. Nor can they be resized. The rings are beautiful!
Selkie

I proposed to my fiance on our 1000 day anniversary. I was originally going to do it on the 3-year, but I kinda thought he might have planned on that date, and I ended up being right. So I beat him to it, which he didn't mind Smiley

The ring I went down on my knee with is X-rated, so he doesn't really get to show it off much. After I proposed, we picked out our engagement (finger) rings together at titaniumera.com. We both ride motorcycles frequently, so a solitaire would have stuck up too much and gotten caught in the gloves. They're both tension-set titanium. His is a diamond, and mine is a sapphire, which I'm constantly falling more and more in love with Cheesy The wedding bands are matching titanium. I was never really ecstatic about diamonds, but even though his is a small one, it's very bright, and I like looking at it.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Diamond_Profile.jpg   http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Sapphire_Profile.jpg
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/Rings-Blurry_Small.jpg

Ps. I want to see some pics of other man-gagement rings! Tongue Those stamped ones look really cool.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Power is strength and the ability to see yourself through your own eyes and not through the eyes of another. It is being able to place a circle of power at your own feet and not take power from someone else's circle.

— Agnes Whistling Elk
brookelynne
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2008 12:18:43 PM »

Wow, I'm glad there was a topic on this because I'm proposing to my dude pretty soon and was looking for ideas for maybe handmade rings or thrifty rings. I hadn't even thought about etsy! I'm so glad one of you brought that up. I'm pretty sure all of my issues are now resolved thanks to reading this topic.
He actually wont be able to wear the ring, but it's the symbolism of recieving a ring that I would like to convey to him. 
If anyone is intrested this http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13441907 is the ring I want to get him, it's fairly cheap but classy as all get out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...