A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: It's time to vote for your favorite swapped project! Smiley  Vote now through Sunday, August 30th!
Total Members: 302,666
Currently Running With Scissors:
420 Guests and 1 User
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: man-gagement ring?  (Read 9995 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

morbidlovexox
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2008 11:09:06 AM »

whenever someone who doesn't know me very well finds out i'm engaged, they say "oh! lemme see your ring!" like they want to give me an opportunity to show a big ol' rock off.  i guess they mean well, but each time i have an inner debate on whether they really want to hear about my views on the diamond trade and the materialism that surrounds big ol' rocks. 

i want to get us silver bands with something nifty etched on the inner bit, but the fiance's worried that he'd lose his and feel terrible about it.

Thats exactly why we didnt buy a real diamond. theres really no reason for it. Once we really get married I think we'll just get really simple durable rings... titanium or something. we also plan on getting tattooed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
Chibirinoa
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2008 01:31:58 PM »

My fiance and I wear matching platinum and CZ rings that we picked out together. We tried to go for something that was asexual, but it looks a little more feminine on him than I had hoped for. However he loves the ring and wears it proudly.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

To see more of my projects please visit http://www.laurakane.webs.com!
hecate
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2008 07:18:19 PM »

My boyfriend and I are planning on getting engaged when he gets back from AIT (military training, he's in the Army) and he wants an engagement ring, too. I like the fact that he wants to have a ring too. And I want to get a claddagh ring for my engagement ring, and they make men's claddagh rings as well so I plan on getting him one. I don't see anything wrong with it either, and we aren't going to get anything really expensive either. I don't want a diamond in mind, I'd just like to get one of the ones that has a ruby as the heart because that's his birthstone.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2008 07:18:54 PM by hecate » THIS ROCKS   Logged
cynlynn

Honey, milk doesn't come from chickens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2008 07:22:04 PM »

I love this! I actually proposed to my DH on our anniversary and gave him a ring. He loved it and wore it and showed it off  to everyone! It was a really simple and cost effective ring, but i engraved our favorite word in it..He almost cried when i gave it to him;) I'm gettin all misty eyed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.wists.com/cynlynn
Personal Swap anyone?
Wildfyre
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2008 08:54:51 AM »

Glad I'm not the only one who hates diamonds  Grin My engagement ring is sterling silver and blue topaz... I love it. But I don't think my guy would ever wear one.. he's not looking forward to wearing a wedding ring.. let alone an engagement ring. He just hates jewelery and he spends so much time working on vehicles and such that he's worried he'd bust it or it would get caught on something.. or if he took it off that he'd loose it  Tongue Which is funny because I work on vehicles a lot too.. and I just take my ring off and stick it in my jeans pocket until I'm done  Undecided

It would be cool if any you wanted to post pictures of your engagement ring "sets" I'm really curious now!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Flickr - bonniemj

My DeviantArt - alaskanwildfyre
morbidlovexox
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2008 10:45:22 AM »

yeah my man said he wouldnt like wearing a ring so he was thinking of getting a pliable plastic implant around his finger under the skin, which is cool cause he COULDN'T take it off.  :Phehehe. and by all means post pictures! I'd love to see everyone's "non traditional" wedding "sets"!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it is not inertia alone that is responsible for human relationships repeating themselves, monotonous and un-renewed, it is shyness before all else.
zanarkand27

I carry your heart, I carry it in my heart.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2008 08:30:40 PM »

I have a friend who's fiance asked her to get him an engagement ring. He said he wanted people to know that he was engaged...I've never heard the "man-gagement" term before though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
missjesswinkwink
'Ginger did everything Fred did; only she did it backwards and in high heels'

Howdy!

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2008 09:05:03 PM »

That's so cool, my mom gave my dad a ring when they got engaged (and that was in 1978) and I've never seen Dad without it. It's a really cool ring, silver with triangular stones set into it all the way around. I've never really put much thought into it, but it's pretty much the sweetest thing ever that Dad always wears it. After they got married, he switched it to his right ring finger to make room for the wedding band.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.rockinbclothing.com
------------------
www.rockinbdesign.blogspot.com
------------------
Night Train Swing Dance Club!
www.swingpurdue.org
------------------
meowkat
« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2008 07:10:50 AM »

I haven't found one for my guy yet, but his sister told me that when they got engaged they picked out an engagement ring and a wedding ring at the same time, and he wore her wedding ring on his pinky until the wedding. I thought that was a pretty cute idea.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
revoltofagirl
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2008 09:54:44 AM »

a little after we were engaged I asked my fiance if he would want an engagement ring too, and I'm pretty sure he said he would just wear his wedding ring... well, now that we've been engaged almost two years he's saying he wants one! Smiley I know his brother has an engagement ring although FH swears that's not why he wants one and that he's always wanted one, just never told me (which... yeah, I dunno, I'm still pretty sure I asked him if he wanted one but then again, he has a terrible memory and doesn't remember!)

I have a question though, will your fiances still wear their engagement ring WITH their wedding ring once you all get married? (as a girl "typically" does). I know everyone is different and some women don't have engagement rings or they'll only wear their wedding band, I'm just curious. I plan on wearing both my e-ring and wedding band on the same finger after marriage. for FH to be able to, we'd have to get both rings at 2mm, which when worn alone would be kinda slim and might look feminine. any ideas on what to do with his engagement ring after the wedding if he isn't going to wear it with the wedding band?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make Hair Spray & Sea Salt Spray
5 Hairstyles to Make You Look 10 Years Younger
Wedding Hair Styles: How To Get the Down Do
Short Hair Saviours: Festival Micro Braids for Short Hair
Women Talk About Shaving Their Heads
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Paint Cans
August 26, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Flannel Hoodie

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...