A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,464
Currently Running With Scissors:
615 Guests and 30 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: batgirl logo in need of a home  (Read 2615 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

spuggie

rach against the (sewing) machine

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2005 09:20:15 PM »

hey, first picture i've posted so i hope this works!

http://members.aol.com/iamspuggie/batknit.jpg

i was practicing knitting pictures tonight, after teaching myself out of the SnB book, this is only my third attempt and my first go at making my own chart! its only tiny, about 3 inches wide, but i quite like it so anyone got any ideas what i could do with it now? its also curling up a bit, i know stockinette has a tendency to curl in at the sides but this is curling top to bottom, how can i make it lie flat?! i think if i did it again i'd change my chart so the little stitches at the end of the wings didnt look so lost but as it is i think it looks quite cool :) think i'm going for either wonder woman or green lantern next ;)

luv,blessings&superheros, rach =)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011 07:41:24 PM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged
krazigal72
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Jeweled Whore

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005 09:26:31 PM »

wristband? or coin purse?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Only dead fish go with the flow.

If you're gonna play with fire, then you're gonna get burned.

Craftster has the best Mod Squad ever. <3

Remind me that we'll always have each other
When everything else is gone.
redbirdrae

David, by Hasselhoff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005 09:29:34 PM »

Great chart! Being a Robin myself I've always held a special love for all things Batman. If you created some more superhero motifs you could knit them up and sew them all together, slap on a strap and some lining and it would be a cool bag.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
angelwing75
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005 09:57:09 PM »

You could make a cute mini-bag by stitching up a back in the same size, then sewing them together on three sides and adding a cord.  That would maybe help with the curling, too.  Or maybe you could sew some kind of fabric on the back and have a cool Batgirl coaster or potholder or put some stuffing in between and make it a mini pillow or sachet.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flapperjakk
I heart wool and sharp pointy sticks!

WoolyWooskie

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005 10:06:54 AM »

You could use saftey pins to make it a patch for a messenger bag, jacket or jeans!  Cool
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sure, I've got one of those knittin' blog thing-a-ma-jigs!
http://woolywooskie.blogspirit.com/
Quincy134
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2005 01:46:47 PM »

I second the patch idea!  You could sew it onto a piece of felt to discourage the curling, and then sew or pin it onto a bag or jacket. 

And if you could post your chart, I would love to knit it too!  Although I think I could just copy it from your nice and clear photo. 

Don't you just love comic books?  A Green Lantern motif would also look great.  Hmmm...sometimes I wish all my favorite superheroes had such striking symbols.  Like I would love to have a Birds of Prey or Catwoman patch, but something just saying "Catwoman" isn't as cool as the bat signal. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

gracella

I hope life isn't one big joke cuz I don't get it.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2005 02:50:25 PM »

do a dupilcate stitch on the ends of the wings and those tip stitches will look nicer. great work!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PrincessJazz
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2005 08:45:41 PM »

if you make a green lantern chart, would you mind sharing it?  my brother is a green lantern fanatic!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
murmur_j
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2005 06:50:17 AM »

what about felting it before making it a patch?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
spuggie

rach against the (sewing) machine

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2005 07:17:20 PM »

hey, thanks for all the replies and good ideas! i think i'll probably go with the patch idea as i have some kickass baby justice league fabric that i'm going to make a bag out of, so they would go well together :) i don't know much about felting but i guessed since its acrylic it wouldnt work?

i made a couple of green lantern charts if anyone is interested, i think i'll go with the classic GL logo but there's some kyle rayner ones there too (my friend's a green lantern freak, he will want one of every costume!) and my bat logo is there too, with the added stitches in for next time when i do it better!

i love birds of prey too! oracle kinda has her own logo but its not half as cool as when she used to be batgirl. if you wanted something subtle i guess you could make up a kind of logo with pictures for huntress, canary and oracle next to each other, kinda like the powerpuff girls! maybe an ancient greek oracle type symbol or that digital head in green for oracle, a little yellow bird for canary and that cross that huntress always wears in purple? for catwoman i would do something with the eyes and maybe the ears as they're her kinda motif, just simple shapes like her character designs on gothamgirls.com. can you tell i'm trying to avoid thinking about the essay i'm supposed to be writing?! ;)

luv,blessings&goldielookinchain, rach =)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create the Rockettes French Twist Hairstyle
3 New Hair Products to Help You Look Beautiful
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Easily Stop Frizzy and Static Hair
Celebrity Stylist Ken Paves Low Cost Tips for High-End Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...