A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,118
Currently Running With Scissors:
534 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: WHAT THE....?!?!?! w/pics & pattern link  (Read 15430 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

crocodisle
« Reply #50 on: January 09, 2008 05:14:49 PM »

Wow, what a great idea. Cute yarn!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If all our life is but a dream, fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

The northern downpour sends its love.
camilaustral

Saludos desde Chile!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 09, 2008 06:09:22 PM »

wooooow
they most be really confortable (soft)
Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

rupestur
« Reply #52 on: January 09, 2008 07:27:32 PM »

You guys are awesome.  I had no idea when I came up with this really silly pattern that it would be such a hit.  I have had about 5 times more hits on this pattern than my monsters or my fox or anything else on my blog. 

You guys totally GET ME! 

And though I already commented on this on Ravelry, I have to say again, this version is totally grand.  They really turned out beautiful!  And that little head of hair, OMG!!!  How adorable are those ringlets???
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My blog with free knitting patterns: Mombot Companion
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #53 on: January 09, 2008 08:24:40 PM »

You guys are awesome.  I had no idea when I came up with this really silly pattern that it would be such a hit.  I have had about 5 times more hits on this pattern than my monsters or my fox or anything else on my blog. 

You guys totally GET ME! 

And though I already commented on this on Ravelry, I have to say again, this version is totally grand.  They really turned out beautiful!  And that little head of hair, OMG!!!  How adorable are those ringlets???
Ok so, this is your idea? What inspired you? I think these are so awesome! Thanks for being creative and welcome to craftster too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
teapotdnky
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Obomaboe?

Craft or Die

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2008 11:06:36 PM »

You guys totally GET ME! 

Great concept!

Great execution of the idea isamax!

I've already crocheted 11 curlers tonight.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Pinterest

Guess who's back?
rupestur
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2008 11:33:12 PM »

Ok so, this is your idea? What inspired you? I think these are so awesome! Thanks for being creative and welcome to craftster too!

I'd just been wanting some curlers but couldn't take buying them.  Store-bought curlers are all not only uncomfortable but also made in China for the most part.  I slept in these on Christmas Eve (with a doo rag on top, at that) and they worked even better than I expected.  I had to spend an inordinate amount of time in the bathroom toning down my big hair!

Thanks for the welcome Cheesy  I don't know why I've never posted before as I have had an account here for ages.  I'm addicted to so many things, Livejournal, Ravelry, blogging and the reading of blogs, it's quite exhausting!

Some things I should probably have included in the pattern:

I just started crocheting again like, day before yesterday, for the first time in 11 years, and I think these would work very well in crochet.

Also-- if you are a knitter but are scared of these because they're in the round, note that you can knit these flat by increasing to the desired amount of stitches and then sewing a simple seam to close them up.  I-cord is really simple.  There are plenty of tutorials available, if you are scared of anything in knitting it should not be i-cord!  Be fearless!  What do you have to lose?  I totally advocate trying new things in your craft.  And you could use any method of increasing I suppose, I just like the kfb.

Wool would work to wick away the moisture, I'm just sensitive to it and was wanting COMFY curlers not something itchy (right next to my scalp and all).  I figured the cotton might just stay wet, so I went with acrylic because I have a ton of it that I didn't know what to do with and wanted to use up the stash.  Waste yarn?  Sacrilege!

You guys rock my socks. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

isamax
« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2008 05:33:23 AM »

Yay rupestur!  I'm so glad you decided to jump in with Craftster too!  Any thought into posting your monsters & fox next?   Wink

Also, I can't wait to see the crocheted version of these too!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ba Ba Booey
SunshinsCreations
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2008 05:59:35 AM »

those look morwe comfortable than the things I used as a kid.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

D.I.Winer
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2008 08:28:31 AM »

These are AWESOME!

When I was a kid, my mom would tie my hair up in rags to get curly hair. I loved how it looked, but what a pain it was to twist my hair around all those strips of fabric! But *these*....These are truly a genius idea!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rupestur
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2008 08:49:28 AM »

Yay rupestur!  I'm so glad you decided to jump in with Craftster too!  Any thought into posting your monsters & fox next?   Wink

Hmm, I might just do that.  My genius is obviously appreciated 'round these parts Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Fix Broken Makeup
How to Turn Broken Blush Into Cream Blush
Miami Swim Make Up Tips 2015
Sophy Robson’s Nail Art Tutorial on Galaxy Nails
How to Get Beyoncé’s Luminous Glow
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...