A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 296,652
Currently Running With Scissors:
679 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Summerdress dilemma... comments greatly appreciated..  (Read 2498 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sewing-girl
« on: January 07, 2008 08:13:12 PM »

Im thinking of making this dress: (Vogue 8380)

Is it not gorgeus? however, I dont really like the neckline, and Id like broader straps, has anyone seen similar patterns?

I love the style and the length, thinking of making it in a pale pastel yellowish colour, any thoughts?  Roll Eyes

Has anyone mad similar dresses? what type of fabric did u use?

Comments are greatly appreciated...

this is my first post, please do delete it if misplaced.

have a nice day:)

*sewing-girl*
« Last Edit: January 08, 2008 03:22:50 PM by sewing-girl - Reason: new pic » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Victoria*
heatherxxll
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008 01:50:44 PM »

I made this dress THREE times last summer! Once in the view you have shown, two others with the deep v-style neck. I used cotton prints for 2 of them with the straps and the waistband in a solid, contrasting color. For the other dress I used a synthetic blend I found for cheap. It's a pretty fun pattern and every time I wore one of them out I was complimented.

If it's broader straps you are looking for, the straps are really just one long piece of fabric (like a belt) that is threaded through the front and back then tied in a bow up front. You could make that wider if you wanted.

But without knowing what it is about the neckline you don't like, I can't really recommend any other patterns to you!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewing-girl
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2008 04:46:35 PM »

I made this dress THREE times last summer! Once in the view you have shown, two others with the deep v-style neck. I used cotton prints for 2 of them with the straps and the waistband in a solid, contrasting color. For the other dress I used a synthetic blend I found for cheap. It's a pretty fun pattern and every time I wore one of them out I was complimented.

If it's broader straps you are looking for, the straps are really just one long piece of fabric (like a belt) that is threaded through the front and back then tied in a bow up front. You could make that wider if you wanted.

But without knowing what it is about the neckline you don't like, I can't really recommend any other patterns to you!

I dont know my self what it is with the neckline, but I think Id like it to be more firm, if you know, not so "sloppy" giving it a more formal look and more tight.Smiley

thanks for response, could you post picture of one of the three u made?

Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Victoria*
heatherxxll
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2008 02:00:39 PM »

Right off hand, I swear there are no photos of me in any of the dresses (figures, huh...) but I want to post them on the board very soon. Also, I was looking through the spring 08 McCall's patterns and saw this pattern, M5582:

http://img.sewingtoday.com/cat/40000/itm_img/M5582.jpg

The silhouette looks the same, but with just a different bodice and a fabric belt instead of a waistband...I'm definitely going to give this pattern a try!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009 09:50:07 AM by kittykill - Reason: Pictures hotlinked » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewing-girl
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2008 01:43:29 AM »

yeah, must post pics;)

that pattern looks amazing:D I have just the right fabric to make it, bought it cheap in italy, bought loads of broad laces as well, thanks for the tip!!:D

good luck with the dress, post pics when you are done, and ill do the same, ok?Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Victoria*
mirthgoddess
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008 08:41:51 AM »

I started this pattern last year, but then I got lazy and never finished it. Maybe I will this year. I was using a white gauzy cotton.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
rachieann55
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2008 01:26:48 PM »

take a look a mccalls 5094
THIS ROCKS   Logged

maliceson
Queen of the midnight thrift store heists

Bite Size

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008 06:06:47 PM »

I just went to look at the summerdress attern I picked up...lol
mccalls 5095.

If you like the same pattern as me,
maybe we could do  a sewalong?
Good Luck, Cute choice also.
I am now gonna go look for this dress.
The vogue one, but if I can't find It I'll just stick
with the one I allready have.
I like view A the most and then B and E.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Ali

I like makin' my own clothes, wanna make a quilt,  wish I knew how to knit, and just started making jewelry...where am I gonna go from here?
SpottedFrog
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2008 07:43:43 PM »

lol I have the Vogue pattern in my 'To Do' pile, right after a million things for other people. Heatherxxll your avatar cracked me up! I showed my hubby & he started singing & dancing Hammer-Style
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewing-girl
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2008 05:11:09 PM »

take a look a mccalls 5094

yeah, the 5094 pattern is awesome! I bought it just the other day, hope I can make two before summertime arrives:D
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*Victoria*
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Art of Charcoal Drawing
The Art of Stone Carving
The Art of Silver Filigree
The Art of Kilim Carpets
The Art of Felt Making
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...